23rd December 2017, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to change guarantor for education loan? Eligibility criteria for it?

I have taken an education loan of 7 Lakh from Union Bank of India last month of whose guarantor is my uncle. Now I want my father to be the guarantor of that loan. Can I do that? Also what will be the eligibility criteria for my father to be a guarantor?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to change the guarantor for educational loan once it is sanctioned?
  2. Can my brother become a guarantor against an Education Loan if my father is unemployed?
  3. Eligibility to get Education Loan against property without a guarantor?
  4. Guarantor is eligible to get Education Loan for studying MBBS?
  5. Can my father become a guarantor against an Education Loan if I am a married woman? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Whether my Brother-In-Law can become a guarantor against an Education Loan if he is non-resident of Kolkata?
  7. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  8. Can I get education loan without a guarantor or co-applicant?
  9. Can I apply for an Education Loanat Bank of Maharashtra without guarantor?
  10. Can I apply for an Education Loan in IDBI Bank without guarantor? -- [New]
  11. Can I apply for Education Loan in Canara Bank without guarantor?
  12. Can I apply for an Education Loan in ICICI Bank without guarantor?
  13. What is the role of a Guarantor to apply for Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Who can be the guarantor of an education loan?
  15. Who is Third Party Guarantor in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  16. How to get an education loan to study M.Tech in ECE from State Bank of Mysore?
  17. Whether a retired person is eligible to become a Guarantor for Education Loan of upto Rs. 7.75 Lacs? Is it necessary to submit any document for a Guarantor?
  18. Details of Third Party Guarantor in Bank’s Education Loan scheme?
15th January 2018, 07:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to change guarantor for education loan? Eligibility criteria for it?

You can contact the bank manager for any such change. Normally, there are various things, which will have to be fulfilled, before the guarantor is changed.

If your father's income is equal to your uncle's and he doesn't have any other loan against his name, then surely change will not be a problem.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?