3rd March 2018, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Does the Bank deducts amount in Education Loan if a student died without completing course?

I have applied for Education Loan for my sister’s education. She was doing B.Tech but unfortunately she met with an accident and died. I have taken education loan of Rs. 3.7 Lacs for her B.Tech. My question is, as she completed her 1st semester then I have to pay all the sanctioned amount with interest or the bank will reduce the amount?

Related Questions:
  1. Whether Bank deducts some amount in Education Loan if a student died during the course?
  2. Bank deducts few amount in sanctioned education loan? Should I apply for an education loan above total expenses?
  3. Does bank has right to ask for repayment of loan from me, if son died while studying on education loan from UCO bank?
  4. Repayment maximum time of Education Loan amount after completing course?
  5. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in UK after completing MS?
  6. How much time will I get to refund the loan amount after completing course?
  7. Whether Bank incur Internship expenses if pursuing MBA through Education Loan?
  8. Maximum time period to refund the loan amount after completing course?
  9. Criteria to get high amount education loan for Pilot training in London? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Does Indian Overseas Bank extends loan amount for higher education?
  11. When I have to repay an Education Loan amount if apply from a Public Bank? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is it possible to get the education loan if I am from a poor family?
  13. When I have to repay an Education Loan amount if apply from a Public Bank?
  14. Maximum amount one can get in Education Loan of Axis Bank for Abroad studies? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
  15. Maximum amount to get an Education Loan from Union Bank of India?
  16. How much maximum education loan amount one can get from Bank of India for Abroad studies?
  17. Does Bandhan bank provide education loan for higher studies?
  18. In case of CA course how bank will pay the loan amount directly to ICAI? Documents to be submitted to bank and ICAI?
21st March 2018, 12:11 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does the Bank deducts amount in Education Loan if a student died without completing course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have applied for Education Loan for my sister’s education. She was doing B.Tech but unfortunately she met with an accident and died. I have taken education loan of Rs. 3.7 Lacs for her B.Tech. My question is, as she completed her 1st semester then I have to pay all the sanctioned amount with interest or the bank will reduce the amount?

In general, if a student dies without completing the course, education loan will be recovered through co-applicant (parents). Banks also insure the life of the borrower, so in case of death the loan amount is paid back by the insurance company. Therefore, you have to contact the concerned bank branch for more details regarding this. The above given are the two ways of recovering the money if a student died without completing the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?