24th September 2016, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

For education loan whose income will count father’s or son’s income if both are living separately?

My son is 29 years and married and staying separately. He is not dependent on me. For applying for education loan whether father’s income is required as he is more than 25 years and living separately. Please clarify.

Related Questions:
  1. Education Loan scheme for a candidate whose father's Income is Rs. 3.46 Lacs per annum? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can i get subsidy on education loan if my father's income is approximately 1.2 lakh per annum?
  3. Possibility to claim Income Tax Deduction if pay interest at the beginning against Education Loan?
  4. How can I get an Education Loan for my son's higher studies while having rental income?
  5. Can I apply for Education Loan to study B.Tech having family income of Rs. 3.60 Lacs p.a.?
  6. Can I get any benefit in Income Tax against Education Loan to study in Abroad?
  7. Is it possible to apply for an education loan at Government bank if my father's income is 4 lakh?
  8. Eligibility to apply for Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech for a candidate whose father' Income is Rs. 3 to 3.5 Lacs per annum?
  9. Can I get an education loan if my income is 57 thousand? Which bank can grant the loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How to get an education loan if my father have no monthly salary bank statement?
  11. Can elder sister be education loan guarantor if father's income is not enough -- [New]
  12. Whether I can get an interest free education loan if total income from agriculture is 90 thousand? Can I get deduction at the time of repayment of loan?
  13. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  14. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 12 Lacs to study in Newzealand if my father doesn't have Income Tax file? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Being a Bank Ex-Officer my father can become a guarantor against Education Loan?
  16. Scholarship being a OBC caste and father's annual income is 5,20,000 INR?
  17. Can I get an education loan if my father is a retired SBI employee having pension as a source of income?
  18. Can I get concession in an Education loan if my father is a tax paying Government employee?
24th September 2016, 10:55 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For education loan whose income will count father’s or son’s income if both are living separately?

There is nothing like that the candidate who has attained the age of 25 years can't apply for an education loan on his father's income. The bank will ask you to provide the income proof of father mostly, if the candidate who wish to study is a working employee then, he can submit his own income proof. Since, you and your son are employees having income, you can submit any of your income proofs for applying for an education loan.
25th September 2016, 08:04 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For education loan whose income will count father’s or son’s income if both are living separately?

To apply for an Education loan, the Income Proof such as Salary Slips/ IT Returns are the mandatory documents that you need to submit to the bank.

If you are applying for an Education loan for your son's education, you can submit your Income proof or if he is earning, you can also use his Salary Slips/ IT returns for applying for an Education loan.

It doesn't matter whose Income Proofs they are, whether it is your's or your son's, the bank will take Income Proof just for formality and to check whether you are capable of paying the loan back to the bank, so, I suggest you to contact the bank once and ask them whose Income Proof is better to submit between your's and your's son's Income proof, so, that you can submit the best Income Proof which helps you to get an Education loan.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?