1st November 2016, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

How can I get tax benefits in Bank Education Loan?

I came to know that I can get tax benefits also while applying Bank Education Loan. But I don't get this point that how I can get tax benefits. Someone please explain.

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about tax under Bank Education Loan policy? -- [New]
  2. Benefits of Bank of Baroda Education Loan for B.Tech course -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What kind of benefits are available to apply for an Education Loan in Federal Bank? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What does rebate means in Education Loan? Benefits in Tax?
  5. Benefits and drawbacks of applying for an Education Loan in Axis Bank?
  6. Education Loan with best Interest rates and tax benefits to study MCA?
  7. Benefits and drawbacks of Allahabad Bank Education Loan scheme?
  8. How to apply for an Education Loan in IDBI Bank for B.Tech(Biotechnology) course? Benefits of IDBI Bank Education Loan scheme?
  9. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  10. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  11. Can I claim tax rebate if education loan was taken by my father from Union Bank?
  12. How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan of my brother taken by my father?
  13. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How can I claim Tax Rebate against an Education Loan for my sister's education taken by my father?
  15. How can I apply for an Education Loan to study Diploma Engineering course? Benefits of applying for an education loan at SBI?
  16. Need information about Tax Rebate provided against Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I get additional benefits in an Education Loan for B.B.A.LLB course being a General category girl? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How should i approach for education loan being from a poor family background? -- [Most Discussed]
4th November 2016, 08:38 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get tax benefits in Bank Education Loan?

Yes, you can get tax benefit while repaying the education loan. As per the income tax law in India, the interest which you are paying to the bank will be deducted from your net income to determine the taxable income. There is no limit to this amount, so the full amount which you are paying as interest will be waived off while calculating your tax.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?