4th September 2016, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Who can be the guarantor of an education loan?

Hello sir, I have completed graduation with Commerce stream and now want to take admission in MBA with Finance stream. I will have to take an education loan. Please tell me who can be guarantor of the education loan?

Related Questions:
  1. Can my father become a guarantor against an Education Loan if I am a married woman? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Whether my Brother-In-Law can become a guarantor against an Education Loan if he is non-resident of Kolkata?
  3. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  4. Guarantor is eligible to get Education Loan for studying MBBS?
  5. Eligibility to get Education Loan against property without a guarantor?
  6. What is the role of a Guarantor to apply for Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Who can be the guarantor of an education loan?
  8. Who is Third Party Guarantor in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  9. How to get an education loan to study M.Tech in ECE from State Bank of Mysore? -- [New]
  10. Whether a retired person is eligible to become a Guarantor for Education Loan of upto Rs. 7.75 Lacs? Is it necessary to submit any document for a Guarantor?
  11. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  12. How can I get an Education Loan of Rs. 4.5 Lacs to study B.Tech without security and guarantor?
  13. Whether my elder can brother become a Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan?
  14. Education Loan to study in a Business School without a guarantor?
  15. Can I apply for Education Loan to study MBA without any Guarantor being an Orphan?
  16. Whether Bank pressurize guarantor for repayment of Education Loan?
  17. Whether my father can become Guarantor for Education Loan if my brother is studying MBA through Education Loan?
  18. Is it possible to make my Brother-In-Law a guarantor against an education loan if my father died?
7th September 2016, 08:15 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Who can be the guarantor of an education loan?

It depends on whether the bank is asking for third party guarantor or normal guarantor. If it is normal guarantor then your parents or guardian can be guarantor preferably the one who is having a stable source of income. If it is third party guarantor then any other person apart from your parents/guardian who is having a stable source of income should be the guarantor. This can be your neighbour, relatives, siblings, etc.
27th November 2017, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Who can be the guarantor of an education loan?

I have an education loan sanctioned whose gurrantor is my uncle. Now I want my father to be gurrantor of that loan. Can I do that? Can I change the gurrantor now?
Also do my father need to have an account in the bank for being my guarantor?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?