3rd July 2017, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to waive the interests being calculated on education loan while doing the course from a small college?

Hi, I have bought Education loan from IOB bank but as I read on many links on the net which states during studying time interests are not being calculated but my bank is charging the interest from the day I took the loan I could see this on the statement of loan which they are providing what is solutions for this.
Is I will be able to get the interest waiving or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan if secure B.Tech admission under fee waiver being an SC candidate?
  2. Whether my Education Loan amount can be waived off if I am Physically Handicapped person?
  3. How tax can be calculated during repayment of loan amount?
  4. Education loan or subsidy for SC student? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How the interest rates calculated under Education Loan scheme of Union Bank of India?
  6. Procedure of Education Loan for taking admission in B.Tech at KIIT?
  7. How much margin for SBI Education Loan against Rs. 7.5 Lacs for a course of Rs. 20 Lacs? How it can be calculated?
  8. Can I do B.Sc Nursing course with education loan in private colleges?
  9. How should i approach for education loan being from a poor family background?
  10. How can I get education loan to study Marine Engineering? Procedure to get education loan at, least interest rate?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for education loan for doing MBA after engineering?
  12. What should I do to waive interest rates charges against an education loan during study period?
  13. Does Bandhan bank provide education loan for higher studies?
  14. Possibility to apply for an Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs if already taken which has limit of B.Tech 1st year? Procedure to apply?
  15. Which banks provide education loan for studying B.Sc(Multimedia and Animation)?
  16. How can I get education loan if have no mortgage to show? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MCA in Abroad? Procedure to apply for Education Loan?
  18. Disbursement procedure of an Education Loan in State Bank of India? -- [New]
5th March 2023, 02:43 PM
TalatNaazGujrati

Default Re: Procedure to waive the interests being calculated on education loan while doing the course from a small college?

In most cases, education loans start accruing interest from the day the loan is disbursed, and not after the completion of the course or during the study period. However, some banks offer moratorium periods during which you are not required to make repayments or interest payments.

If you believe that your bank is not following the moratorium period policy, you should contact the bank's customer service or grievance redressal department and raise a complaint. Provide them with all the necessary documents and evidence to support your claim. They will investigate the matter and take appropriate action to resolve the issue.

If the bank has not provided you with a moratorium period, you can try to negotiate with them to waive the interest during the study period. Some banks may offer this option, but it will depend on the bank's policies and your credit history.

It's important to note that interest waiver is not a guarantee and will depend on the bank's policies, your credit history, and other factors. It's always advisable to carefully read the terms and conditions of the loan agreement and discuss any concerns or questions with the bank before signing the loan agreement.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?