7th October 2016, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

What are Priority Sector Lending and Not Priority Sector Lending under IDBI Bank Education Loan scheme?

I have searched about the Education Loan scheme of IDBI Bank. But there were written Priority Sector Lending and Not Priority Sector Lending. I couldn't get what are they. Please let me know what are they in details?

11th October 2016, 10:59 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are Priority Sector Lending and Not Priority Sector Lending under IDBI Bank Education Loan scheme?

According to Reserve Bank of India, every bank has to provide certain portion of loans to specified sectors like agriculture and allied sectors, micro and small enterprises, housing loans to marginalized section of society, education loans to candidates who want to higher studies etc.

Education loans comes under priority sector of banks. Banks need to fulfill criteria for priority sector lending every year by lending to given sectors. Non priority sector lending includes other term loans which do not include these loans.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?