23rd December 2015, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

Whether the rate of interest against Bank Education Loan is setup by RBI?

Dear Sir,
I am Manish Mehta and I am going to get admission in a B.Tech college. I am also going to apply for a Bank Education Loan. Can you tell me that the rate of interest which Banks takes against Education Loan is set by RBI?

Related Questions:
  1. Whether the rate of interest against Bank Education Loan is setup by RBI?
  2. Why I have to repay with higher interest rate if opted for Fixed rate to study in Abroad through Education Loan provided by Indian Bank? Is there any Norms of RBI related to Fixed/Floating Interest Rates for Nationalized Banks?
  3. Is there any curriculum of RBI in Fixed and Floating Interest rates for Nationalized Banks?
  4. Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
  5. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  6. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  7. Which Bank offer Education Loan with low interest rate to study B.Tech?
  8. Can I get exemption in Interest rates of Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST candidate?
  9. Documents required to submit for Bank Education Loan to study M.Tech? For what period of time I can repay Bank Education Loan? Interest rates charged against it?
  10. Which Bank provides Education Loan with Low Interest Rate to study B.Tech?
  11. What is rate of interest of Education Loan? On what basis it is applied?
  12. Interest rates charges against Education Loan in State Bank of India for a candidate who want to study B.Tech in IIT?
  13. Bank loan for further studies after BA (distance course)? Bank interest rate and procedure of loan?
  14. How can I get Bank Education Loan with low interest rate to study MBBS in Russia? Mode of repayment?
  15. List of banks offering Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs with lowest Interest Rate? Which is advisable among Floating and Fixed rates for repayment period of 1 year?
  16. From when should I start repayment of my Education Loan taken against B.Tech course? Latest Education Loan rate of interest?
  17. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  18. How much interest will be charged on Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about Mode of Repayment?

5th January 2016, 11:17 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether the rate of interest against Bank Education Loan is setup by RBI?

The interest rates are dependable on Prime lending rate (PLR). The respective banks have different PLR and they are changed according to bank norms and conditions. As RBI has set the interest rate as for the educational loan above Rs.2 lacs the interest is PLR+1%.

5th January 2016, 11:21 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether the rate of interest against Bank Education Loan is setup by RBI?

The interest rates are depend on Prime lending rate (PLR). The respective banks have different PLR and they are changed according to bank norms and conditions. As RBI has set the interest rate as for the educational loan above Rs.2 lacs the interest is PLR+1%. It is advised to go through the bank and enquire about the interest rates towards educational loan. Each and every bank has different interest rates which depends on PLR of that bank.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?