20th September 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: IRS Exam 2010 Examination date, subjects, procedure and eligibility?

Hi,
I have done my MBA in finance and i have 5 years of exp in MNC company as financial analyst . now i am thinking to try for IRS.
Can any one help me how to apply and which post i can apply and when we have exam for 2011.
20th September 2011, 08:11 PM
dil-jale

Default Re: IRS Exam 2010 Examination date, subjects, procedure and eligibility?

you can obtain the information related to IRS -2010 exam from the below website:

www.upsc.gov.in

also there will be a notification published in the employement newspaper when the exam date will come near.

thanks
7th November 2011, 05:19 PM
VegaSridhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir/madam,
Plz gve me details about IRS Exam 2010 regarding Examination date, subjects, procedure and eligibility.
thanks
To become an IRS officer, first thing you need to do is to apply when UPSC releases its notification.

You can expect notification in December.

Prelims-May 20th 2012

Mains- Oct 5th 2012

UPSC conducts the exam every year. It has three phases.

1.Prelims (Objective type):
It has two papers. One is CSAT, which includes aptitude,reading comprehension, logical reasoning,verbal ability and decision making, and the other paper is on General Studies.
You need to clear prelims in order to write Mains examination which is the second phase.

2.Mains Examination::
Once you clear the prelims, this is evident that you write Mains. This is the most crucial phase of the entire exam.As part of mains, first, you need to select two optional subjects of your interest out of the listed subjects by UPSC. You must be very thorough with these two optional subjects. You need to write one essay paper too,so you must have a very good writing skills.

And after that, you have English literature paper, Indian language paper (Telugu,Tamil,Kannada,Malayalam,Urdu,Hindi,Pali etc.) and General studies (GS) paper.

So overall you write 9 papers in the duration of 21 days. This phase contributes the maximum marks for your success.

3.Personal Interview::

Those who clear mains examination are called for personal interview. This will be in Delhi, UPSC bhavan.You will be asked so many questions about your background, current affairs, why do you want to be an IPS, your opinion about our country, India relations with other countries and so on.

Remember, You just need to clear prelims to appear for mains. Prelims marks are not going to be added to your overall marks. But clearing the prelims is must.

All The Best

Vega Sridhar
6th January 2012, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir/madam,
Plz give me details about IRS Exam 2012 regarding Examination date, subjects, procedure and eligibility.
thanks
13th May 2013, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir maine b.tech complete kar li hai kya main is ke liye apply kar sakta hon.
13th May 2013, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir maine b.tech complete kar li hai kya main is ke liye apply kar sakta hon. Rohit kumar [email protected]
25th September 2013, 12:19 PM
vijayaragavan.s

Default Re: IRS Exam 20103 Examination date, subjects, procedure and eligibility?

I'm Vijayaragavan, sir i completed my BE(ECE)in Coimbatare.I need wat are the main subjects regarding for this post sir. So please send the information of this post
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?