7th June 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between MCA and a Computer Engineer?

is PGDCA regarded as a degree in computer?

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between MCA IT and Management and Science? Should I go for MCA IT or Science?
  2. Difference between Ph.D after MCA and Ph.D after M.Tech?
  3. What is the difference between electronics and communication engineer and maintenance engineer?
  4. What is the difference between production engineer and mechanical engineer?
  5. Difference between MBA and MCA? Is MCA a good career option?
  6. What is the difference between MS and MCA?
  7. In which colleges can I apply for software engineering? Which are the other colleges in Delhi?
  8. How to take Ph.D programme in computer science through correspondence? I have done my MCA from Madras University and working in Dubai since 6 years as computer engineer
  9. Which is the best stream to pursue after completing B.Sc Computer Science? Which University in India offers MCA Regular course? -- [New]
  10. Difference between BCA and BSc? Is Computer Science a different area or does it come under computer engineering? Is B.Tech better than BSc?
  11. DIT, Dehradun or Graphic Era University, which is best for MCA in respect of placement? What is the difference between MCA and MCA lateral entry?
  12. Is it beneficial to study MCA for B.Sc(PCM) candidate? Details of MCA course?
  13. What is the difference between education and correspondence education?
  14. What is the difference between PhD after MCA and PhD after M.Tech?
  15. What is MCA admission procedure? What is the syllabus of MCA? Study material for MCA?
  16. What is the criteria to study software engineering after completing higher secondary examination
  17. What is the difference between MCA and Integrated MCA?
  18. Work and responsibility of a Junior Engineer is equal to Asst. Engineer than why so difference in between their pays?
12th June 2011, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

If i will give mca entrance from amravati university then can i get admission in pune university
12th June 2011, 09:47 PM
stranger351

Firstly talking about MCA course-
This Master's Degree Pro gramme has been designed with a semester approach in mind. The first year courses are aimed at skills development in computers using various technologies, the second year is more focused on core courses providing conceptual framework and the third year provides the specialization and the project work......
Now talking about Computer engineer means it have B-Tech degree-
The program will teach you the fundamentals of computer and programming concepts along with the advanced skills required to become a successful software professional. In addition, you will also learn about several other areas like networking, database, visualization and web.
I think now you have clear about these concepts.
Hope this was helpful to you.
14th June 2011, 01:24 AM
shekharrai

Hi dear,

there is almost no difference between MCA and computer engineering when it comes to job or knowledge.

computer engineering is a dedicated engineering bachelor degree where as MCA is a masters degree.

MCA students mostly deals with computer database management where as computer engineering students mostly deals with programming part.
Thanks
21st June 2011, 12:10 AM
agrawal1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
after doing mca one can be called as softwareengineer. can they put engineer in front of their name. and what isa difference between a Be or BTECH computer engineer and mca.are job aspects same for both the two. please do reply
There is a little difference in MCA engineer and BTEch engineer .
MCA is a master degree and after MCA there is a good scope to apply in multinational companies because many multinational companies demand for master degree and after MCA you can put engineer before your name.
21st June 2011, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by solution View Post
hello dear
there have basically no difference between mca & computer engg.

the basic difference is for getting degree of b.tech you have to pass 8 semister.& more subjects than mca.mca have only 4 semister.

but practically it industry gives equal value to b.tech & mca studens......

(here i like to make correction..mca is not 4 sem course..it is 3 Years master degree course with 6 Semester..and BE is called only graduate level while MCA is Master Level Degree..and yes both people are working as same post..no deference at all)
21st June 2011, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshitijawadhiya View Post
there is a very gud difference between them dear and all are meant for different purposes also
MCA- a very low ranked degree in as compared to other two.this can be done mostly to work in a school or where use of software is at a very basic level.
BE- it is a better degree than MCA . after doing it you can get jobs in following fields:
1. software designing
2. website designing
3. animation
4. graphic designing etc.

B.Tech. - a very valuable degree. after getting this degree u can get a job where the software one uses in all electronic appliances are designed. you must remembered that softwares are used everywhere from computers to a tv remote....
There is no difference in btech in cse and mca.Both are given same basic salary and same priority.after completing mca one can called as a software engineer and can put the word "engineer" before there name.
21st June 2011, 02:30 PM
swumit

Hi,

M.C.A is master degree,computer engineer is bachelor degree.

There is no difference between M.C.A and computer engineer.

M.C.A is 6 years and computer engineer is 4 years .that is the difference.

but M.C.A we take more years.

we learn so many things in years.computer engineer are the short period.

computer engineer have lot applications in short period.

but we have also that much application to learn more time.

M.C.A and computer engineer are equal.
21st July 2011, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
MCA is better than BE or BTECH degree, MCA rocks !!
can u expalin......we have to give extra 2 years for mca so ,,,,,,,,,
27th July 2011, 03:03 AM
Unregistered

my question is that, What is an MCA holder is called?
30th July 2011, 05:07 PM
ME Degree
Junior Member+

The professional degrees both MCA and ME courses are Equal.

I am pretty sure, Companies are giving equal priority to both MCA and ME.

Both MCA and ME (Computer Science and Engineering) professional degree courses, the contents of theory and practical syllabus are SAME.

MCA and ME degree holders are equal to each other.
30th July 2011, 05:14 PM
ME Degree
Junior Member+

MCA with B.Sc. (Computer Science) background is equivalent to ME (Computer Science and Engineering).

B.Sc. Computer Science (3 Yrs) + MCA (3 Yrs) = 6 Yrs.

BE Computer Science (4 Yrs) + ME (2Yrs) = 6 Yrs.

MCA and ME both are equal.

Companies are giving equal priority to both MCA and ME.
30th July 2011, 09:00 PM
brijeshgzp123

MCA one can be called as software developer.
But,After doing B.tech one can be called as Computer Engineer.
finally software developers only concentrate developing software coding part, but b.tech engineers concentrates with verity of platforms such as developing,technical support , mentenance etc .

THanks
30th July 2011, 10:56 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,
There is not much difference between MCA and B.tech in computer science..
MCA is a master degree in computer application, after completion of MCA you will become a specialize in software as well as in hardware implementation..

But after completion of your B.tech in CSE, you will become specialize in mainly software implementation..

After completion of your B.tech in CSE. you will gather more practical knowledge rather than MCA..
But if you done MCA then you will gather more theory knowledge..

Though after completion of both these courses you will get a similar job..
The goal of both these courses are same..
So, there is no such difference in MCA and B.tech in CSE.

All the best..
31st July 2011, 12:59 AM
aroy8091

dear friend,

MCA stands for master of computer application . It is master degree course but the value of computer science engineering is same with MCA .

most of the companies give more preference to the computer science engineer because they know more technical knowledge than the MCA .

as you are a MCA students don't worry now a days knowledge is everything
if you have knowledge than the CSE student then you get more preference

all the best...........
3rd August 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

I thinng it depends ,a person who have joined B.Tech its good ,but a person who is doing B.Sc.,BCA or any other degree want to go in It field then chose MCA .MCA is also as good as B.Tech CS.As i have done B.Sc (PCM) then done MCA from good college ,now I am working in Accenture as Software Eng.Every degree is good when you make use of it.Now a days i watching many student from different B.Tech branch like Mech.,Civil also going to IT .So what is use of that degree ,so be causy always..tc
3rd August 2011, 10:55 PM
ME Degree
Junior Member+

MCA with ME (Computer Science and Engineering) Degree Holders

Which Degree Holders Gaining More Importance?

B.Sc. Computer Science (3 Yrs) + MCA (3 Yrs) + ME (2 Yrs) = 8 Years. (MCA with ME)

OR

BE Computer Science (4 Yrs) + ME (2Yrs) = 6 Years. (BE with ME)

I am looking forward to hearing all of your opinions!

Thanks and best regards to you all.
3rd August 2011, 10:57 PM
ME Degree
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: MCA with ME (Computer Science and Engineering) Degree Holders

MCA with ME (Computer Science and Engineering) Degree Holders

Which Degree Holders Gaining More Importance?

B.Sc. Computer Science (3 Yrs) + MCA (3 Yrs) + ME (2 Yrs) = 8 Years. (MCA with ME)

OR

BE Computer Science (4 Yrs) + ME (2Yrs) = 6 Years. (BE with ME)

I am looking forward to hearing all of your opinions!

4th August 2011, 01:09 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

MCA is basically Masters in Computer Application. In this course basically the candidate gains theoretical knowledge in both software and hardware. The B.tech course is basically related to the application of the concepts. BE on the other hand involves developing new and improving on the existing concepts. In terms of value Bachelors degree is more valuable in job front. The pay scale is also higher than MCA candidates. Job profiles for these candidates are almost the same though. To be an MCA you need to first of all complete BCA course or BSc in Computer application. But a candidate can go for the B.Tech/ B.E course right after 12th. The number years to become an MCA including 3 years of Bachelors course but for B.Tech/B.E only 4 years are required.
5th August 2011, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

difference between mca(management)&mca(Engineering)
9th August 2011, 12:59 AM
mudasir505

computer engg is different from mca,Mca is not par with computer engineering, computer engineers not only study analog elctronics,but also electrical engineering theory,there is more practical in computer engineering, transistors amplifers ,oscillators are studied in detail and programing including analog and digital communication,mca students are never exposed to analog electronics, analog communication,mathematics which include laplace and fouriour transforms whereas we study everything that an mca student studies.so MCA should not get equal oppurtunity as BE/ B.tech engineers i think UGC should make it clear that an MCA is NOT at PAR with B.E /B.tech computers
21st August 2011, 03:28 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
after doing mca one can be called as softwareengineer. can they put engineer in front of their name. and what isa difference between a Be or BTECH computer engineer and mca.are job aspects same for both the two. please do reply
there is no deffrence between a MCA and B.TECH.the value for job related subject is as similar for both.the courses/subject also very similar for both.u can learn many types of language by these degree.mca is places as a master degree and b.tech is a becholor degree but thre value will be same.
23rd August 2011, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Hello every1 ..i appeared for GCE A level .i took physics and maths.I am eligible for getting a computer engineerign seat in india???
23rd August 2011, 06:18 PM
ME Degree
Junior Member+

MCA with B.Sc. (Computer Science) background is equivalent to ME (Computer Science and Engineering).

B.Sc. Computer Science (3 Yrs) + MCA (3 Yrs) = 6 Years.

BE Computer Science (4 Yrs) + ME (2Yrs) = 6 Years.

Two Master's Degrees, MCA and ME, are treated Same for jobs and there is no difference in the competence ratings.

Both MCA and ME (Computer Science and Engineering) Professional Degree courses, the contents of theory and practical syllabus are Same.

MCA and ME Degree holders are Equal to each other.

MCA - Master of Computer Applications.

ME - Master of Engineering (Computer Science and Engineering).

24th August 2011, 07:57 AM
Unregistered

Difference between Bca and mca? which one is best to do.
27th August 2011, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Firstly there is no point comparing two completely different degrees
however the differences are as follows.

1. MCA six month of full time internship which makes their sixth semester and no other papers to be given.BE doesnt have this.
2. If you are BSc IT or BSc in Computer Science then you would have already worked in your graduation project. Mumbai University has two projects in their final year of BSc plud you would do projects n miniprojects at mca level. BE ppl do only one project. That too in their final sem.
3. Passing structure of MCA is dificult with 45% passing with no consecutive kts in immediate semesters. This means if u have kt in sem1 then u cant go in sem3 unless you clear i else drop. BE pplcan enjoy kt privileges.
4. MCA ppl are good in computers as thats the.onlything.to study no physics. Chemistry rubbish.

Salary wise both may get same start however some.companies pay more to MCA and some doesnt allow because of the fact thy dont want to hire Masters.

So all those who say that be are better.are just saying poor crap of nonsense.
5th September 2011, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

definitely there is a BIG difference between BTech n MCA.
B.tech z a technical course dt covers wide range of softwares n areas. it is a proper education n one has to toil very hard to get into an engineering clg, entrance exams r no joke.
on the other hand for MCA u jz need marks n dts wt these ppl do- cram all the time.
B.Tech z highly valued degree n mind that u r comparing a bachelor's degree of B.Tech to the master's degree of MCA. MCA ppl r not engineers. only Btech or BE degree means u r an engineer.
B.Tech ppl have more knowledge n application skills. if B.Tech n MCA were equal then who would work day n night to clear entrance exams?? the fees for B>Tech z much more dn mca. if they r same then Y wud any1 waste money on B.Tech if he cn go for a cheaper MCA degree ?
big companies hv the job openings for B.Tech ppl for their software department. MCA ppl join small firms.
B.Tech z definitely above MCA for sure.
15th September 2011, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Difference between MCA and a Computer Engineer?

Quote:
MCA is better than Btech... btech is only a bachelor's degree course. A btech student can take MCA after Course.. Master degree of a Btech student is MCA or Mtech. Btech is valuable than only Bsc or BCA, but not compared to MCA, Because its a PG Course. But in the case of Bsc Students for Join Mtech only after complete MCA. What's the foolishness are talking below persons? Today MCA is better.. when our qualificaton increases.. our Knowledge become also increases.
MCA means Master of Computer Application!
btech Means Bachelor of Technology; only Bachelor

MCA can do all types of Job related to software and hardware.. If a Student graduated from BCA and MCA .. he has higher prioriy than Btech Student.

But Mtech is Higher than MCA.

MCA Rockzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz
3rd October 2011, 02:11 PM
ShilpaMS

We cannot say that, MCA ppl don knw the app of physics, chemistry,maths...bcoz, one of the primary thing is, there are many students who came from science background..nd in BCA also they will hav maths..how can one say that, MCA ppl don knw the application of phy,chem,maths?????????????? We cannot compare with these least thoughts like.."mca ppl don knw maths,phy etc.."... Each degree has it's own value in it!..
4th October 2011, 07:14 AM
shrijan00

hy,
MCA or Master of Computer Application is a general Master's degree course related with computer application.

It simultaneously deals with software and hardware functions and implementations.

On the other hand, a B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering is a technical bachelor's degree course, which is also related with software and hardware.

But the difference in these two are that an MCA student knows the theory part of software and hardware more than a B.Tech student.

And a b.Tech student knows the technical implementation of things better, and the application and theory part is strong for an MCA .

More or less,goals of both are same and job prospects also are equal for both.

Many reputed Indian and foreign technical organisations hire fresh MCA students and B.Tech graduates every year. Job profiles are same in both cases.
10th October 2011, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

MCA students also have good knowledge about Programming languages
14th November 2011, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Difference between MCA and a Computer Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshitijawadhiya View Post
there is a very gud difference between them dear and all are meant for different purposes also
MCA- a very low ranked degree in as compared to other two.this can be done mostly to work in a school or where use of software is at a very basic level.
BE- it is a better degree than MCA . after doing it you can get jobs in following fields:
1. software designing
2. website designing
3. animation
4. graphic designing etc.

B.Tech. - a very valuable degree. after getting this degree u can get a job where the software one uses in all electronic appliances are designed. you must remembered that softwares are used everywhere from computers to a tv remote....
My dear friend, this is really a harsh comparison. whether I will compare, MCA is Masters and B.Tech is Under Graduate not B.E. If I move with Education line, which exactly certify the Qualifications, suggests After passing MCA you may go for P.H.D. (Doctoral Program), this can not possible after B.Tech firstly. Secondly, MCA=>MS not B.Tech. Moreover MCA signifies Master Of Computer Application / Master in Computer Application, name suggests its importance, in the S/W Field rather H/W. Where as B.Tech mostly with H/W and if ahead slightly be with F/W section, according to my Professional Experience. That is why to persist in the field of Industry, after passing B.Tech, a person move with MCA or MBA, rather M.Tech. Now if I move with Industry norms, this is basically fluctuate as its nature. So can not judge with its norms.
And after crossing 5 years into the Industry everything depend upon your Technical Knowledge and Expertise.
15th November 2011, 11:56 PM
dr.shekhr

HI dear,

MCA or Master of Computer Application is a general Master's degree course related with computer application.

It simultaneously deals with software and hardware functions and implementations.

On the other hand, a B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering is a technical bachelor's degree course, which is also related with software and hardware.

But the difference in these two are that an MCA student knows the theory part of software and hardware more than a B.Tech student.

And a b.Tech student knows the technical implementation of things better, and the application and theory part is strong for an MCA .

More or less,goals of both are same and job prospects also are equal for both.

Many reputed Indian and foreign technical organisations hire fresh MCA students and B.Tech graduates every year. Job profiles are same in both cases.

So i think that your doubt has been cleared now.

Thanks
19th November 2011, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Mera bsc complete huva h main kya karu be ya mca
21st November 2011, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

U Cannot judge intelligence by degree. I have finished this year, and i have gone through subjects which are very different than the MCA syllabus few years back, even some subjects are there which are not their in BE or B.Tech(including s/w and h/w). In the end its all about ur talent not degree.
Take care
28th November 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Difference between MCA and a Computer Engineer?

hey !!!! frndssss.....
btch is a bachler degree.....bt mca is a master degree.....
mca provide a maiture software ingeeniar ......
job opportunity in both depend upon student.....
i think mca is best .....
shivam gupta
[email protected]
12th December 2011, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

i am rajesh i completed bca so i want to know mca is better or b tech(cse).
5th January 2012, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

but i have observed a thing in MCA AND BTECH. the person holding a PG of MCA is not that efficient like a person who is did BTECH. BTECH person grasp the things immediate where as MCA guys take the time. this might be also a reason there are not called as an engineer. please this point observe the difference
5th January 2012, 06:40 PM
sahaja mallarapu

HI Friend,

there is little difference in B.E/B.Tech and MCA.

B.E or B.Tech is a graduation degree in engineering.
this deals mostly wih technical and research works.

MCA is a masters degree in computer applications.
it mostly deals in applying the already available codes and programming.

both are almost same but preference is given to B.E or B.Tech.
both have the same number of job oppurtunities.

to get MCA degree you need to study 2+3+3 years after 10 but
for obtaining engineering degree one need to study 2+4 years after 10th class.
5th January 2012, 07:33 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Quote:
dear friend,

See both are same.

B.C.A. + M.C.A. = B.Tech. in C.S.E. (Computer Science & Engineering)

One difference is that MCA is master degree but B.Tech is bachelor degree. But when we see in some giant companies like wipro,CTS,TCS etc there we can see that both MCA and B.Tech in CSE will be treated as same.

good luck.
6th January 2012, 01:33 PM
SAMRAT2011
Member+

Dear friend,
MCA and Computer Engineer is different courses.MCA is a master degree of computer Application.Where computer engineer course is available in Bachelor degree.
Generally after completing BCA(Bachelor of Computer Application) Students goes for Higher studies like MCA(Master of Computer Application).After completing BCA,MCA is the best courses,as it also related to BCA course.
If any one wants to apply for MCA(Master of computer Application),they have to crack entrance exam first.After entrance exam they can apply for MCA courses.

Some MCA college names are given below.

University of Calcutta
Hyderabad University
Jodhpur University
University of Rajasthan
Gujarat University
Bhavnagar University
Mahatma Gandhi Uniersity
Amravati University
Behrampur University,
North Bengal Unversity
Delhi University
Magadh University

If any body wants to do computer Engineering then he/she have to apply for B.tech Engineering Course.
To do B.tech you have to crack entrance exams.

Some College names are given below for B.tech Computer science

Aligarh Muslim University
Delhi University
AFMC, Pune
D.G. Ruparel College, Mumbai
Annamalai University
Indian Institute of Technology,Kanpur,
Indian Institute of Technology,Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology,Chennai,
Indian Institute of Technology,Kharagpur
Indian Institute of Technology,Mumbai
BITS Pilani
IT-BHU,Varanasi
Indian Institute of Technology,Guwahati,
College of Engineering Anna University
Bengal Engineering and Science University
BIT Delhi
Delhi Technological University Delhi
National Institute of Technology
NIT
Malviya National Institute of Technology
ICFAI University
Daulat Ram College for Women, Delhi
AIIMS, Delhi
Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi

All the best.
15th February 2012, 10:37 AM
puchu007

there have basically no difference between mca & computer engg.

the basic difference is for getting degree of b.tech you have to pass 8 semister.& more subjects than mca.mca have only 4 semister.

but practically it industry gives equal value to b.tech & mca studens......
28th February 2012, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

i have done mca so can i fill the exam of upsc.
28th February 2012, 11:25 PM
measrasr

Hi dear,

M.C.A is master degree,computer engineer is bachelor degree.

There is no difference between M.C.A and computer engineer.

M.C.A is 6 years and computer engineer is 4 years .that is the difference.

but M.C.A we take more years.

we learn so many things in years.computer engineer are the short period.

computer engineer have lot applications in short period.

but we have also that much application to learn more time.

M.C.A and computer engineer are equal.

Thanks
2nd March 2012, 06:22 PM
Yash_0007

Quote:
I am an Softwarw engineer. My parenters are an MCA degree boy to make marry with me. Is the degree is equal to software degree. Please enlight me by giving yoyr valuable suggesstion.
Please do not post irrelevant questions. Please ask with in scope
8th April 2012, 09:07 AM
Master Of Engineering ME

Thumbs up Re: Difference between MCA and a Computer Engineer?

MCA is equivalent to ME (Computer Science and Engineering)

MCA with Only B.Sc. (Computer Science) background is equivalent to ME (Computer Science).

B.Sc. Computer Science (3 Yrs) + MCA (3 Yrs) = 6 Years.

BE Computer Science (4 Yrs) + ME (2Yrs) = 6 Years.

Two Master's Degrees, MCA and ME, are treated Same for jobs and there is no difference in the competence ratings.

Both MCA and ME (Computer Science and Engineering) Professional Degree courses, the contents of theory and practical syllabus are Same.

MCA and ME Degree holders are Equal to each other.

MCA - Master of Computer Applications.

ME - Master of Engineering (Computer Science and Engineering).

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT: MCAMEDegree.com

17th April 2012, 01:46 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Smile Re: Difference between MCA and a Computer Engineer?

Generally a computer engg. and a MCA student will given equal priority . But as you know a comp. engg. holds a degree in engg. because of which they get more preference in jobs. But as you are a MCA student so its nothing to worry about jobs in computer fields . the only thing matters in todays world is knowledge. If you have more capability then a comp. engg. then definitely you will get first preference then a comp. engg.
21st May 2012, 01:28 PM
NianjanIIITB

In general a computer engg. and a MCA student will given equal priority on getting job in software field . But as you know a comp. engg. holds a degree in engg. because of which they get more preference in jobs. Of course knowledge matters in todays world in software field. If you have more capability then a comp. engg. then definitely you will get first preference then a comp. engg. Bt MCA student is Equivalent to engg. not a engg. if you understand the meaning of equivalent then you can better differentiate.
1st June 2012, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

i finished my B.sc(IT)...now i lik to do B.Tech it is possible....plz help me sir
13th June 2012, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

after 2 which is the best engineering ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?