28th November 2012, 11:40 AM
BATMAN2013

Talking Re: How much time one should devote for GATE preparation?

Gate questions are very basic type which are designed to check whether you have conceptually understood a particular topic.So while preparing,study a topic on application level.To get a high percentile,just cover the entire syllabus by grabbing the basic concept and application method of a particular question.2 months of determined preparation is necessary for this.Solve previous year question papers so that you can understand the pattern of questions.
6th February 2013, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much time one should devote for GATE preparation?

sir i'm doing my BE 1st year.. computer science and engineering.. i want know the syllabus for gate exams?
23rd February 2013, 06:30 AM
Unregistered

Hi I'm presently studying B.Tech 2nd year in IT Dept. Could anyone please suggest me from where should I start my preparation for gate, things to be adopted for getting into gate like regular reading of aptitude books..Kindly suggest me.
22nd March 2013, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

hey m rajni nd my financial condition is not much well to join any coaching classes n in 6th sem bt want to clear gate with good score suggest me some tips how much to stdy each day n my academic was good but was careless previously coz of lack of guidance... I vl follow your suggestion seriously..
14th May 2013, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

when to start prepration for the gate exam iam in mechanical branch please also refer me good books for the super prepration
11th June 2013, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

can a person start taking gate coaching from 2nd year or first year engineering? or should he or she wait till 3rd year? as I am a first year cse student I would like to get my doubts cleared about GATE preparations given below :
1- can a first year student start preparing for this exam?
2- are foreighn national students persuing b-tech in india eligible for this exam?
3- it wont be too early to start going to coaching classes from first year itself right?
4-if a student gets low marks in GATE exam during 3rd year engineering can we give another exam again after that?
pls help.. though we have not registered
and yea pls give ur site or blog detail...
for registration :)
11th July 2013, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i have just done with my 3rd yr BE in IS...I want to go with gate after my engineering...pls do suggest me a proper way by providing some of the idea regarding subjects..
28th July 2013, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

sir,I have completed my 3rd year B.tech.in Electronics & Communication.Can i give GATE 2014 exam?I have 6 months for preparing dis exam.Is it enough time for preparation of this exam?How much time should be devote per day?nd can this exam help me to achieve a good job in future?
2nd January 2014, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

i am 2009 EEE batch passout.. working in a industry.. I want to clear gate for my higher education...but only two months are remaining for the exam. could you please tell me preparation to get gate score..
22nd March 2014, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

hello..i have completed my btech last year..in 2013..now m working for 2 months nd i am not satisfy with my work.
i want to prepare for GATE.
how much time do i need to devout to get a good score..how many months?
26th July 2014, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir ,I am deepanshi,I am btech 4th yr student I decide to start the gate preparation but I am not so good in study and left time is not enough the what to do now
8th March 2015, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

Hi lam nayab now I'm 3rdbtc now I'm start's preparation for gate ..is it possible to got a rank in IITs
15th February 2016, 08:46 PM
satyavivek

There is no problem to start now all you need is proper planning to ace the exam.
Since you are preparing for gate (if not employed) then plan for a study of 10-12 hours daily where you understand the concepts and solve problems related to them.Continue this for about 4 months and complete the syllabus two months in advance of the examination and start taking mock tests seriously and analyse yourself and concentrate on specific concepts where you think you lag behind.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?