26th January 2014, 11:58 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering?

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services. Every year UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is going to conduct IES Exam to recruit the candidates into following Engineering Services
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

You have to choose any one of the above mentioned category while applying for this Exam.

The selection procedure would involve
IES Exam
Interview

As you are pursuing, your Engineering Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, you are eligible to apply for this Exam only after completion of your course.

So, you better start preparation for this exam now itself so that it will be easy for you to crack this Exam.

My suggestion for you would be to apply for Electrical Engineering category for this Exam as you have knowledge regarding Electronics in your Engineering course.

Here is the age limit for the candidates to apply for this Exam.

For General category : 21-30 years
For OBC category : 21-33 years
For SC or ST category : 21-35 years.

Make sure that you should be in the above mentioned age groups as per your category.

Have good preparation for the Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.

Related Questions:
  1. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  3. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidates apply for IES Exam?
  4. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  5. Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
  6. Am I eligible to appear IES examination with B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation?
  7. Am I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  8. What type of jobs are available after qualifying IES examination? I am doing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering
  9. Can the candidates of Instrumentation Engineering apply for IES Exam?
  10. Will this be a right option for me of preparing for IES Exam being a candidate having completed Engineering in Electronics Instrumentation and Control?
  11. Can I apply for IES exam if I am a final year student in applied electronics and instrumentation
  12. Can I join electrical engineering stream for IES exam? I am pursuing EIE
  13. Can electronics and instrumentation branch students apply for IES serve? What are the other options available for UPSC exam?
  14. Can I appear for IES Exam after the completion of B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  15. Can a person pursuing B.Tech in instrumentation and control engineering branch apply for IES?
  16. Can i apply for PSU and IES simultaneously?
  17. Can I apply for IES after pursuing B.E degree in the stream of instrumentation engineering
  18. Best course after completing diploma in Electronics and telecommunication? -- [New]
30th April 2014, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering?

I have done B. Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering, and want to do PG. As an E & I engineer, what will be wright to do MBA or M. Tech to be in the professional field?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?