25th December 2011, 08:47 PM
amruthadotv

Can the candidates of Instrumentation Engineering apply for IES Exam?

Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?

Related Questions:
  1. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidates apply for IES Exam?
  2. Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
  3. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  4. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  5. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can a person pursuing B.Tech in instrumentation and control engineering branch apply for IES?
  7. Can I apply for IES after pursuing B.E degree in the stream of instrumentation engineering
  8. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  9. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing BE in Instrumentation Technology?
  10. Can I appear in IES 2016 exam in 3rd year of engineering? -- [New]
  11. Which branch to apply for IES after engineering (instrumentation and control)? How to get the application forms?
  12. Can instrumentation engineers apply for IES exam?
  13. Can I apply for IES after instrumentation and control engineering from Pune University?
  14. Am i eligible to apply for IES exam while in final year of instrumentation engineering?
  15. Am I eligible to appear IES examination with B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation?
  16. Can I join electrical engineering stream for IES exam? I am pursuing EIE
  17. Am i eligible for IES exam after pursuing 4th year B.Tech Instrumentation engineering? What is the syllabus for IES?
  18. Am I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
25th December 2011, 10:35 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can the candidates of Instrumentation Engineering apply for IES Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amruthadotv View Post
Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
IES : Indian Engineering Services Examination
------------------------------------------

This examination is Conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Comission) Every year and only Engineering candidates are eligible to apply for IES Examination, But to apply for IES Examination you have to complete your Engineering degree course in any one of the Discipline :

>> Civil Engineering
>> Mechanical Engineering
>> Electrical Engineering
>> Electronics & telecommunication Engineering

So, If you have not study any one of the Discipline in your B.tech course, Then you are Not eligible to apply for IES Examination.

Final year appearing candidates are also apply for IES Examination.

But to apply for IES Examination, you have to attained the age of 21 Years and Not attained the age of 30 Years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

The Notification of IES Examination will be Published soon in the Month of February i.e on 25/Feb/2012 and the last date of apply for IES Examination Online : 26/March/2012.

The examination will be held on 15/June/2012.

Those who are eligible for IES Examination are apply for this examination Online After declaring the Notification and if you need more about IES, Then please check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
25th December 2011, 10:43 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: Can the candidates of Instrumentation Engineering apply for IES Exam?

Hello Friend,

This examination is Conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Comission) Every year and only Engineering candidates are eligible to apply for IES Examination, But to apply for IES Examination you have to complete your Engineering degree course in any one of the Discipline :

>> Civil Engineering
>> Mechanical Engineering
>> Electrical Engineering
>> Electronics & telecommunication Engineering

Only above Fields can apply for IES exam.

.......Sayyed Shahrukh
26th December 2011, 09:13 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can the candidates of Instrumentation Engineering apply for IES Exam?

Dear pal,
indian engineering service exam is conducted by the union public service commission for admitting the aspirants to the various engineering discipline jobs available in government sectors. The aspirants are admitted under the category civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and electronics and instrumentation engineering.
The eligibility required for appearing in the exam includes
1. The aspirant should have completed bachelor degree in engineering discipline . Final year aspirants are also eligible.
2. The minimum age for appearing in the exam is 21. And the aspirant can apply upto 30 years of age. Relaxation is provided for bc and mbc aspirants and they can appear upto 33 years of age. Sc and st aspirants can apply upto 35 years of age.
The aspirants also restricted in the number of attempts and general aspirant can apply upto 4 attempts. Mbc and bc aspirant can apply 7 times. But there is no restriction for sc and st aspirants.
As you have completed in instrumentation you are eligible to appear for the exam.
23rd January 2012, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

i am doing engg from instrumentation & control .may i eligeable for ies exam
28th March 2012, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

I AM DOING B.YECH 3RD YEAR IN INSTRUMENTATION BRANCH. AM I ELIGABLE FOR WRITTING THE I.E.S EXAM??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?