6th September 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IES Exam after the completion of B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?

can i appear in ies exam after b. tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  2. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidates apply for IES Exam?
  3. Can I appear for IES Exam after the completion of B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  4. Am I eligible to appear IES examination with B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation?
  5. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  7. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  8. Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
  9. What type of jobs are available after qualifying IES examination? I am doing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering
  10. JNTU B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering 1st Sem Industrial Instrumentation Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. How to pursue B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering?
  12. Will this be a right option for me of preparing for IES Exam being a candidate having completed Engineering in Electronics Instrumentation and Control?
  13. Possibility to study M.Tech in Avionics after completing B.Tech in Electronics Engineering?
  14. Am I eligible to do M.Tech in aeronautical instrumentation after completion of B.Tech degree? -- [New]
  15. Am I eligible to apply for IFS Exam after completion of Engineering with Electronics and Instrumentation stream?
  16. Can a person pursuing B.Tech in instrumentation and control engineering branch apply for IES?
  17. Best university in Germany for M.S. in Robotics/Instrumentation & Automation for a candidate who have secured 66% in B.Tech Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  18. Names of the universities through which I can complete my B.Tech in Haryana? I have passed diploma in Mechanical
6th September 2011, 06:47 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IES Exam after the completion of B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i appear in ies exam after b. tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering
IES Stands for Indian Engineering Services Examination and this examination was conducted by UPSC Every year and If you are Interested in IES Examination, then please complete your Engineering Degree form a recognised University Because to apply for IES Examination You Must Have possessing a degree in Engineering in any discipline is eligible for taking Engineering Service Examination. Final Year Graduate candidates are also eligible for IES Examination.

>> So, If your age should between 21 to 30 years then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination, For this year IES Examination was Completed and The Recruitment on the results of this examination will be made to the Posts under the following categories - Civil Engineering, Mecahnical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

>> The Notification of IES 2012 Examination was Going to be declared 25/Feb/2012 and the Last date of apply for IES 2012 Examination was 26/March/2012.

The examination of IES 2012 Was Going to be held on 15/06/2012.

>> So, If you are Interested in IES Examination, then please wait for the Notification, The Notification was Declared in Feb 2012 and then apply for this examination Online, The application form Of IES Can be Obtained form the Designated Post offices in India OR you can fill the IES Examination form Online By visit the UPSC website.

>> And If you need more Information About IES Examination, then please visit the UPSC Website -

http://upsc.gov.in
6th September 2011, 06:52 PM
vijendradutt

Default Re: Can I appear for IES Exam after the completion of B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?

For IES you have to be a final year graduate,with an age group of 21 to 30 yrs.Indian Economic Service is a valuable position for which you have to be fully prepared,refer to some books and be well prepared in general awareness and quantitative abilities.

For further information log on to :http://upsc.gov.in
6th September 2011, 07:07 PM
Aninkanti

Yes, you must appear for IES Exam after the completion of B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
IES is conducted by UPSC every year and the date of examination in this year already exits you have to wait for next year.
The 2012 notification will be declare at the month of February and the examination will be held In july.

The following eligibility have need for IES:-

**Degree in Civil Engineering,Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering and Mecahnical Engineering.

**Age=21years to 30 years for genarel and OBC catagories.

For any other more information please cheek the UPSC official website:

www.upsc.gov.in

Besr of luck!
6th September 2011, 07:09 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Yes dear you are eligible only if you are a final year student or completed your graduation.
So if you not completed your graduation then at first completed your graduation from a renowned college.Besides this, your age should be between 21 to 30.
IES(Indian Engineering Service) examination are organized by UPSC(Union Public Service Commition).So for more details you may visit the following sites.....

http://www.upsc.gov.in
and
http://www.upscportal.gov.in

all teh best.
good day.
6th September 2011, 08:14 PM
MyAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IES known as Indian Engineering Services Examination and this examination was conducted by UPSC Every year.........

last date for that exam : 26.03.2012.

notification date : 25.02.2012.

http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th September 2011, 08:28 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Indian Engineering Service exam is conducted by upsc every year once.This exam is conducted to intake qualified engineers for Government sector in different departments.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Engineering Service exam:
Education qualification:
Candidate should minimum graduation degree in Engineering from a Mechanical/Civil/Electric Stream.
Age limit:
Age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Indian Engineering Service exam notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 25th Feb 2012 to 24th March 2012.
Exam will held on 15th June 2012.

As you have completed Engineering course in Electric Stream,therefor you can appear for Indian Engineering Service exam.To apply the application form online,then click here between the notification date as mentioned above.

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 52 views)
6th September 2011, 10:01 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

Yes you can appear the IES exam conducted by UPSC.

Age limit 21-30 years

You need a degree from a recognised university

Notification - February 2012

Exam - July 15 2012

website- www.upsc.gov.in
6th September 2011, 10:19 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To write Engineering Service Exam, you just need to hold a degree in engineering of any discipline and be within the age limit of 21-30 years.
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned above, you may write the exam. But unfortunately, the examination is not conducted in every discipline of engineering. Engineering Service Exam is conducted in only four disciplines of engineering which are:
Civil engineering
Mechanical engineering
Electrical engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication engineering.

So, no matter which engineering stream you belong to, you will have to write papers of any of the four disciplines of engineering.
For complete information and notification, do visit the official website of UPSC.
7th September 2011, 12:01 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for IES Exam after the completion of B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?

dear friend,
Yes, you can appear in IES exam after completion of Electronics and instrumentation engineering..

You can also appear in IES exam during the final year of B.tech course..

But your age should be in between 21-30 years.. For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the age relaxation is 3 years.

So, if you fulfill all this age eligibility then you can appear in IES exam..
But you have to write the exam in the syllabus of Electronics..
The candidate who is appearing on IES exam must have to write exam in the syllabus of Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/Civil any of these mention field..

If you agree to do this, then go for it..
All the best..
7th September 2011, 11:33 AM

yes you can apply for the IES examination after completing B.E exam
2nd June 2012, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

i am belonging to INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL ENGINEERING final year can i write the IES EXAMINATION
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?