30th April 2011, 03:37 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do IAS after BBA? Will it be tough to clear IAS exams for BBA graduates?

hi,
The eligibilty criteria for IAS exam is graduation in any stream.
Therefore, you are eligible for the exam after completing BBA. You can appear in your final year as well.
A GEN category students get only four chances to appear the exam. So, try to appear only after a good preparation. The age limit is 30 years for GEN category students. There is no criteria about your marks or or your stream of previous education.
The civil services ie IAS exam is assumed to be the toughest of all the exams in India. But it doesn't mean that one has to stand upside down. One just need to do one year preparation with complete sincerity. If requires may be one year more. But two year is enough. All the respective details about exam and syllabus are available on the UPSC official website.
You can also visit:
www.upscexam.com
www.upscportal.com
www.civilservices.in
thanks
30th April 2011, 03:39 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I do IAS after BBA? Will it be tough to clear IAS exams for BBA graduates?

Yes, you can do IAS after completion of BBA.

For IAS you need to appear for the civil Service exam conducted by the UPSC:

The minimum eligibility for CSAT is

Educational Qualification:

Candidate must be a graduate in any field.
Final year students can apply.

Age Limit:

Candidate must between 21-30 years of age.
As on 1st August of the year of the exam.

So you can apply for BBA graduation.

Also, exam is very tough,so you have to prepare very hard to get through.

Practice and hard work can get you through.
30th April 2011, 09:11 PM
venkatgct

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajitdhawan View Post
m doing bba and now m in 2nd year..i want to do IAS after bba is it possible and is it tough or so so..
dear friend,

recently many persons have started takin interest in IAS exams conducted by government of india.

As its a government examination purely based on merit, ANY CANDIDATE WITH A BACHELOR"S DEGREE FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY IS ELIGIBLE!!
so friend, don worry u are absolutely eligible!

as for ur 2nd part of the question, IAS exam can be cracked by any1 with hard work and smart methodology of study!

for more details visit : www.upsc.gov.in

regards,,,...
30th April 2011, 09:16 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I do IAS after BBA? Will it be tough to clear IAS exams for BBA graduates?

Basic Info regarding Civils exam

IAS is an central service and also deeply regarded as d most prestigious job..

Like this service there are other 24 services for which a common entrance test is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)

The main basic eligibility criteria for Civils Service Examination

->Candidate must have 21 years of age

->Candidate must complete at least degree from a recognized Indian University

this is all about the basic eligibility criteria of CSE

As per your qualification if you have completed Degree then definitely you are eligible for the exam..

You can go through the examination code for Civil Service Examination in the official website of UPSC

i.e.

www.upsc.gov.in

regards

~aditya~
1st May 2011, 01:59 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea you can appear in IAS examination after BBA. to become IAS officer you have to appear in civil service examination. the eligibility criterion to appear in civil service examination is candidate should have minimum of graduation degree in any discipline form any recognized university. as BBA is considered as graduation degree so you are eligible for civil service examination.

the age must be in between 21 to 30 to appear in civil service examination.
here i am attaching the notification for civil service examination 2011. go through the attachment for information about civil service examination.

visit the official website of UPSC http://www.upsc.gov.in which conducts the civil service examination.

best wishes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 60 views)
1st May 2011, 02:04 AM
amlendu shekhar
Junior Member+

Hi dear,
A graduate in any discipline is eligilbe to appear for the IAS exam conducted by UPSC.
Now, cracking the exam depends upon your preparation and hard work. The examination is divided into two stages.
Preliminary exam
Main exam

The compulsary subject in the Preliminary exam for IAS is General studies.
and, the compulsary subjects for the Main exam are one Indian language, English, Essay and General studies.

Following are the optional subject from which one can select any subject depending upon the area of expertise.
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology Electrical Engineering Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.

So, you must try to work hard on the compulsary subjects and try to select optional subject depending upon your strength and interest in particular subject. There are many books available in the book stores for IAS preparation. You may also enroll yourself to a coaching centre for better results. If you could work hard and give what it demands, you too can crack the exam.
Thanks
1st May 2011, 03:33 AM
manishks

Quote:
m doing bba and now m in 2nd year..i want to do IAS after bba is it possible and is it tough or so so..
hello friend
yes you con do IAS after BBA while cracking IAS exam will depend on your hard work .you have heard that nothing is impossible is you worked hard then it will be easy for you to crack the exam
best of luck
1st May 2011, 09:23 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hiii

do IAS after BBA
Yes, you can do IAS after completion of BBA.
For IAS you need to appear for the civil Service exam conducted by the UPSC:
The minimum eligibility for CSAT is
Educational Qualification:
Candidate must be a graduate in any field.
Final year students can apply.
Age Limit:
Candidate must between 21-30 years of age.
As on 1st August of the year of the exam.
So you can apply for BBA graduation.
You can also visit:
www.upscexam.com
www.upscportal.com
www.civilservices.in

good luck
20th June 2011, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

is there is any govt job after age of 30 yrs for commerce student
27th June 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

what can i do after bba, instead of mba? please suggest some postgraduation courses. and i want to do ph.d also after my bba. I have given my fourth sem exam.
17th July 2011, 01:42 PM
nick143

yes u can take part in the IAS exam after completion of Graduation. Now it is not hard to crack IAS exam because the exam pattern has changed. NOw in preeliminary exam there are two papers of General Studies which are not so hard. so don't worry and concentrate on ur graduation and also increases ur general awareness,knoweledge and strengthen ur english then it become so easy
19th July 2011, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Ofcourse you can,,but really it can be tough to you,bcz bba and ias both inclueding
5th October 2011, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

can I preparation of I A S after B.B.A.
22nd November 2011, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

can i give i.a.s examination to get 40% b.a pass course? rahul from kulti.dist-burdwan
7th June 2012, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

i am gradu.in poltical.science.history & sosology can i appear in i.a,s exam?
9th June 2012, 09:00 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

Hello friend,
A graduate in any discipline is eligilbe to appear for the IAS exam conducted by UPSC.
Now, cracking the exam depends upon your preparation and hard work. The examination is divided into two stages.
Preliminary exam
Main exam

The compulsary subject in the Preliminary exam for IAS is General studies.
and, the compulsary subjects for the Main exam are one Indian language, English, Essay and General studies.

Following are the optional subject from which one can select any subject depending upon the area of expertise.
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology Electrical Engineering Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.

So, you must try to work hard on the compulsary subjects and try to select optional subject depending upon your strength and interest in particular subject. There are many books available in the book stores for IAS preparation. You may also enroll yourself to a coaching centre for better results. If you could work hard and give what it demands, you too can crack the exam.
thank you
20th July 2012, 10:49 AM
johan mishra
Junior Member+

I beg to be excused, friend, but I must say that this is a rather silly
question to ask. Considering that the IAS Exams or the Indian Administrative
Service Exams are the key to the most coveted jobs in India, it would hardly be credible if we say that the exams are not tough; but then, if you are really
determined to be sincere and undertake all the hard work, there will be no
stopping you.
23rd June 2013, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

IS BCOM ISBETTER THAN BBA AFTER 12TH (COMM) IF IWISH TO DO MBA IN EVENT MANAGEMENT
24th June 2013, 04:06 AM
Ranjitoranupam

Post Re: Can I do IAS after BBA? Will it be tough to clear IAS exams for BBA graduates?

Quote:
Yes definitely.Recruitment for IAS/IPS has been done through an exam called CSAT exam which is conducted by UPSC.One of the eligibility criteria for this exam is that the candidates should be graduated.So BBA students can also go for IAS/IPS but before opting for this exam a proper preparation is needed which can only be achieved by joining a good coaching Institute.Because this is oneof the toughest exam in India.

For best coaching Institute in Gujarat:Click Here
24th June 2013, 06:49 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is possible to do Indian Administrative Service after Bachelor of Business Administration. You can acutally apply for the IAS after completing any bachelor's degree as long as completed from recognized college.

Coming to second part of the question, the Civil Services Examination is a tough exam to crack regardless of your qualification. Having completed any specific degree will not give you advantage and at the same time it will not work as disadvantage.

You will have to work hard regardless of the degree to clear the Civil Services Examination. I will recommend studying the 12th standard books by the NCERT. You should also read a lot of news magazine and watch news to keep udated.

Download the previous years question papers from intenet and start solving them. It is a best way to find out about the weaknesses. Once you are fully prepared, apply for the Indian Administrative Service through the Civil Services Examination.

The registration process will now begin next year in 2014.

IAS Eligibility

1. You should have Indian citizenship.

2. Bachelor's degree is sufficient enough to apply.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. You should be minimum of 21 years old to apply.

5. Your age should remain below 30 years at the time of applying.

6. The relaxation is 3 years for OBC candidates.

7. The relaxation is 5 years for SC/ST.

8. There are no physical criteria for IAS.

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview
6th August 2013, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Subject offered in ias exam after bba
31st July 2017, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddusajj View Post
i think bba is an not an graduation course,
you should be an graduate to write ias exam,
all the best
If BBA is not a graduate course the why many students pic this course the upper statement
Is false anyone can do IAS PCS after compeleting BBA
25th March 2019, 07:10 PM
Quikri

Yes ,you can apply for the coveted civil service exam after completion of BBA.
The Upsc website only mentions that the candidate should have completed graduation from a recognised Indian University and should be above the age of 21 to apply for the examination.
You can apply for the exam after completion of your BBA aif you are 21 years old.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?