23rd October 2012, 07:47 AM
Unregistered

Is entrance of IAS very tough?

Is entrance for ias is very tough to appear, as it puts questions from different fields?
Which subjects or fields should be look after to appear for ias exams?

28th February 2013, 11:09 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Is entrance of IAS very tough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is entrance for ias is very tough to appear, as it puts questions from different fields?
Which subjects or fields should be look after to appear for ias exams?
Well indeed, the preparation for any examination is tough if you put heart and soul to it, as it goes for IAS exam, it is the toughest exam in India, next to IIT JEE, but you dont have to panic right away, here is the strategy that you can follow to crack this exam.

IAS exam is conducted all over India to select the best promising candidate that will help the nation in building a peace and economically great country.

1. Be care ful about Prelims exam which will be objective type of paper ,so be particular about what you are going to choose. History, maths, geography may prove to be very scoring.

2. Choose subjects which have availability of books, reading material and guidance while selecting for your mains. In recent years engineering subjects like civil,mechanical and electrical can be chosen which is added advantage for engineering graduates.

3. Try to improve your GK, read lots of newspaper, magazines and Quiz program like KBC.

4.Improve your personality and any foreign communication skills preferably english or any other language of your choice.

5. Work hard and be consistent in study,at least 5-6 hours of everyday you should do self study.

Here are some of the books which will be useful for your preparation:-

All the best, prepare well!!
28th February 2013, 02:49 PM
sbgowda

Default Re: Is entrance of IAS very tough?

Dear
IAS (Indian administrative service) is not like a other common exams to crack this exam you need lots of patience and a huge Knowledge of the subject.So you need much hard work to crack it.If we come to the matter of subject as I told choose the subject in that you are expert. Generally you need to take common test also along with that you need to write on your subject. I think peoples from history background are easily crack this exam remaining thing is left to you.

All the best
28th February 2013, 02:55 PM
sbgowda

Dear
IAS (Indian administrative service) is not like a other common exams to crack this exam you need lots of patience and a huge Knowledge of the subject.So you need much hard work to crack it.If we come to the matter of subject as I told choose the subject in that you are expert. Generally you need to take common test also along with that you need to write on your subject. I think peoples from history background are easily crack this exam remaining thing is left to you.

All the best
1st March 2013, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

IAS har kisi k bus ki baat nhi...
pehle koi aur career option bhi dekh le beta
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?