20th September 2011, 07:14 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

Default Re: can a computer science student apply to upsc engineering service exam?

my friend, except IES exam, you can apply for most of UPSC exams . in IES ,a student having B.TECH |B.E. degree in any one of these streams (electrical,mechanical,civil,& electrical & communication engineering ).
there are no choice for computer science.

Related Questions:
  1. IES Exam for Computer science students?
  2. Can I apply in UPSC exam if pursuing B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 3rd year?
  3. Can I apply for WBSSC being a B.Tech in computer science graduate? -- [New]
  4. Can a 3rd year computer science student write UPSC exam?
  5. Can a student of B.E in Computer Science apply for UPSC Exam?
  6. Am I eligible for UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing Computer Science Engineering?
  7. How to apply for any job in computer science and engineering in Railway Board? I am a student of 4th year computer science and engineering
  8. Can a B.Tech.(IT) final year student apply for IES exam?
  9. Am I eligible to join IAF through Permanent Service Commission being a B.E.(Computer Science) Engineering) 3rd year female candidate? Procedure to apply?
  10. How to prepare for UPSC exam being in 3rd year of B.E in Computer science engineering? What is the syllabus for UPSC for B.E Computer science?
  11. When does the counseling start in Karnataka?
  12. Am I eligible for UPSC exam while doing Computer Science and Engineering?
  13. Am I eligible for UPSC pursuing B.Tech with Computer Science Engineering? Goverment jobs for Computer Science Engineering?
  14. Can a computer science student appear for UPSC exam?
  15. Which entrance test to answer to take up computer science engineering in Christ Engineering College Bangalore?
  16. Is B.Tech computer science and engineering student eligible for BTC course?
  17. How to give the entrance exam for MPSC? I am a student of BSc computer Science
  18. Difference between IES and Engineering Service Examination? Am I eligible for both the exams? Can I buy 2 separate forms for both the exams?

12th March 2012, 02:28 PM
santhi palla

Default Re: can a computer science student apply to upsc engineering service exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esha Sharma View Post
Yes of course you are eligible for writing upsc exams.
sir wat abt upsc engineering services-2012 notification...is there any chance for computer science background student...plz rly to me asap

13th March 2012, 08:31 PM
Dexter_Morgan

Hi

MCA stands for the Master's in Computer Application and it is a Master's/Post Graduate course. It can be done by minimum graduate only.

MCA is a post graduation related to computer Applications stream. Its usually the advanced course of the BCA i.e Bachelor in Computer Application.

Similarly the B.E Computer Science is Bachelor in Engineering Computer Science. Its a graduation course which can be done right after passing class 12th.

Its also a computer related course and after completion of this, M.Tech in CS can be done as an advanced form of this program.

So the only difference is the Graduation and Post Graduation courses. Rest both are related to the studies of the Computers, Programming, DBMS, Networking, etc....

The MCA is equivalent to a B.Tech CS student. So the BCA + MCA = B.Tech in CS. M.Tech is more advanced.

Hope this helps

All the best

29th April 2012, 12:26 PM
mithu ashi
Member+

Yes as you are an Engineering graduate you can apply for I.E.S examination.
Eligibility criteria for I.E.S. exam:-

I.E.S. means Indian Engineering Service.

-- The candidates who have completed their graduation from engineering can apply for the exam.
-- This exam is conducted to recruit candidates in streams like

* Civil Engineering
* Electrical Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering
* Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

As you are from C.S.E stream you have to choose any one stream from the four above streams to apply in I.E.S. exam.

-- Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.
-- Candidate must not have any pending backlogs.
-- Candidate must be Indian citizen.
-- Candidates of Nepal , Bhutan or Tibetan who have come to India prior to January 1st 1962 & staying in India permanently can also apply.
-- The age of the candidate should not be less than 21 years & not more than 30 years.
-- Upper age relaxation is given to lower caste candidates.
-- For SC/ST age limit:- 21-35 years, For O.B.C.:- 21-33 years

17th May 2012, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

I finished my M.Sc.,Software Engineering (5 yrs integrated course) in an Engineering College, Am I eligible to write IES exam??? Plz. Reply...

17th May 2012, 02:33 PM
sanrak

I finished my M.Sc.,Software Engineering (5 yrs integrated course) in an Engineering College, Am I eligible to write IES exam??? Plz. Reply...

16th July 2012, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

What are the better subjects comp.scinc. Student can opt for upsc exam?and in which field we are eligible?like in ies we are not eligible.

18th July 2012, 12:40 AM
savan kumar chaitanya

yes definitely

16th April 2013, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Hi,
I have completed my B.E computer science in 2011. Am i eligible for the Engineering services examination 2013?

29th April 2013, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

i have completed B.tech IT naand working in IT major.wanted to get some inputs on the optional paper to choose
since i am appearig for the first attempt.

20th June 2013, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Hi.. I'm a graduate in computer science and engineering.. I want to appear for the upsc exam.. But what optional subject do I take.. Totally confused.. Please do help me with your views and why to choose the subject.. Thank you..!

21st June 2013, 04:58 AM
Nexxis
Junior Member+

hey friend...yes a computer science/Information technology student is eligible for upsc exam....
but in case of IES exam he/she is not eligible....
the IES is been held only for these branches.....>>>
1. mechanical.
2. electrical.
3. electronics and communication.
4. civil.
but in other upsc exams he/she is eligible if he/she is graduate....
thank you,,,, all the best.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?