11th February 2010, 03:10 PM
rajeshmaddinapudi

can a computer science student apply to upsc engineering service exam?

i'm a computer science student. can i write this upsc engg service exam? Am i eligible to this exam?

Related Questions:
  1. IES Exam for Computer science students?
  2. Can I apply in UPSC exam if pursuing B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 3rd year?
  3. Can I apply for WBSSC being a B.Tech in computer science graduate? -- [New]
  4. Can a 3rd year computer science student write UPSC exam?
  5. Can a student of B.E in Computer Science apply for UPSC Exam?
  6. Am I eligible for UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing Computer Science Engineering?
  7. How to apply for any job in computer science and engineering in Railway Board? I am a student of 4th year computer science and engineering
  8. Can a B.Tech.(IT) final year student apply for IES exam?
  9. Am I eligible to join IAF through Permanent Service Commission being a B.E.(Computer Science) Engineering) 3rd year female candidate? Procedure to apply?
  10. How to prepare for UPSC exam being in 3rd year of B.E in Computer science engineering? What is the syllabus for UPSC for B.E Computer science?
  11. When does the counseling start in Karnataka?
  12. Am I eligible for UPSC exam while doing Computer Science and Engineering?
  13. Am I eligible for UPSC pursuing B.Tech with Computer Science Engineering? Goverment jobs for Computer Science Engineering?
  14. Can a computer science student appear for UPSC exam?
  15. Which entrance test to answer to take up computer science engineering in Christ Engineering College Bangalore?
  16. Is B.Tech computer science and engineering student eligible for BTC course?
  17. How to give the entrance exam for MPSC? I am a student of BSc computer Science
  18. Difference between IES and Engineering Service Examination? Am I eligible for both the exams? Can I buy 2 separate forms for both the exams?
12th February 2010, 12:00 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Default Re: can a computer science student apply to upsc engineering service exam?

Yes of course you are eligible for writing upsc exams.
12th February 2010, 04:43 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

Default Re: can a computer science student apply to upsc engineering service exam?

yes you can
and for more details read the eligibility conditions below :::
THEY ARE ONLY THE EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION which is required for a candidate to appear for IES...
Educational Qualifications

For admission to the examination, a candidate must have

a. obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or

b. passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or

c. obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or

d. passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or

e. passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or

f. passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.

Provided that a candidate for the post of Engineer, Group A, in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation, Ministry of Communications and Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:-

M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.

A candidate who has appeared at an examination the passing of which would render him educationally qualified for this examination, but has not been informed of the result, may apply for admission to the examination. A candidate who intends to appear at such a qualifying examination may also apply. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination, if otherwise eligible, but their admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce proof of having passed the requisite qualifying examination alongwith the detailed applications which will be required to be submitted by the candidates who qualify on the result of written part of the examination.

In exceptional cases, the Commission may treat a candidate, who has not any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule, as educationally qualified provided that he has passed examinations conducted by other institutions the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his admission to the examination.
A candidate who is otherwise qualified but who has taken a degree from a foreign University which is not recognised by Government, may also apply to the Commission and may be admitted to the examination at the discretion of the Commission.

or for more deatils you can visit UPSCportal.com.. good luckk pal prepare well and you will make it i am sure...bye all the best to you..
12th February 2010, 09:54 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

ya you are eligible for upsc exam .. computer science students can apply for upsc exam
14th February 2010, 09:51 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

yes you are eligible for it. there is no such rule for that any student can appear for the exam.

for more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in
20th February 2010, 11:43 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend,
there is no any doubt that a computer science student can fill the form of i a s,
they can fill the form,
but problem is that there is no any optional paper like computer science,so you can not chose the computer science as a subject,in that case you have too chose other subject.
ok
best of luck.
9th March 2010, 08:15 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

you can definetly apply for this exams, dont worry just apply for this exams....good luck.
10th March 2010, 10:41 AM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
yes you can give upsc examinations,it is enough if you are a graduate in any trade.
For detail about any thing regarding these exam you can visit the following site www.upsc.gov.in.
best of luck.
10th March 2010, 03:12 PM
Manjeet124

Hi......
Yes friend you are eligible for the UPSC exam.
11th March 2010, 06:44 PM
rednam

you are eligible for the upsc ies exam but there is no separate paper on computer science,you have to choose between civil,mechanical,electronics and electrical,
prepare well
all the best
11th March 2010, 08:37 PM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
definately you are eligible for the UPSC exams
for the list of exams visit
www.UPSC.gov.in
all the best
11th March 2010, 09:12 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

dear friend ......
you can apply to upsc engineering service exam.....for further details.....
www.upsc.gov.in...
all the best.
12th March 2010, 10:47 AM
pritika

yeah ofcourse u r eligible for applying to upsc engeneering service xam
12th March 2010, 11:33 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

hey friend,
there is no any problem
you can write in upsc exam.
and you can see all the details on the websites
www.upsc.gov.in

o k
all the best
17th March 2010, 11:34 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

you are eligible to appear in IES conducted by UPSC. you can see this website for all information regarding UPSC examinations

http://www.upsc.gov.in/
24th March 2010, 03:30 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
yes you can apply for this exam.
minimum eligibility criteria is under graduate.
and since you are undergraduate you are eligible.
for more details you can visit the link below:
all the best.
5th May 2010, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

am a cse student.can i apply for engineering services
7th May 2010, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

mpsc exam in english or hindi
8th May 2010, 05:37 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshmaddinapudi View Post
i'm a computer science student. can i write this upsc engg service exam? Am i eligible to this exam?
Hello,
As of now, for the IES (Indian Engineering Services) it is mandatory to have a valid Engineering degree (B.E or B.Tech) from a recognized university also the PG in the same is desirable for the UPSC but not mandatory. Whether you may a computer science stream candidate in the engineering field is not a constraint. If you have the above said, you can apply for the same. Check out the Employment News regularly for the vacancies and also for the eligibility.

All the Best !!!!!!
8th May 2010, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

can a computer science student apply to upsc engineering service exam? and which exam not apply computer science student ??
9th May 2010, 01:00 AM
mukuljain007

Yes dear you are equally allowed to give UPSC exam like other eligibile students.
For more details check the link
http://entrance-exam.net/upsc-2009-engineering-services-examination/
9th May 2010, 02:55 PM
nikitay

Quote:

hey! rajesh
Ofcourse!! u r eligible to appear for the exam.
All the best!!
9th May 2010, 11:45 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Quote:
mpsc exam in english or hindi
the exam is either in marathi , hindi or english, you will get the option for choosing your language while filling the application form
13th May 2010, 11:57 AM
amitforever
Senior Member+

hi
yes you can appear for the upsc exam becouse its minimum qualifiction is graduation in any stream but sorry to say u that none of the subject of computer science are included as optional or compulsory paper
ok
good luck
29th May 2010, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

i have M.C.A.,ME(C.S) ..so can i be eligible for appearing UPSC engineering service examination....I expect answer very soon
29th May 2010, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

sir....1)is MCA degree is eligible for appearing IES exam...or not.and
2)ME with MCA is eligible or not
please kindly i request you to answer me in this regard
my email id is [email protected]
1st July 2010, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

can computer science B tech stdent is elligible for upsc service exam?
12th July 2010, 01:05 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: can a computer science student apply to upsc engineering service exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
am a cse student.can i apply for engineering services
Hi,

Yes. You are Eligible. IES exam is for engineering graduates entry. If CSE means Computer Science Engineering, Then Sure, You are.

Good Luck.
12th July 2010, 01:09 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: can a computer science student apply to upsc engineering service exam?

Quote:
can a computer science student apply to upsc engineering service exam? and which exam not apply computer science student ??
Hi,

You have specified that you are a computer science student. But CS student in what stream? Engineering or arts? If Engineering, Then you are eligible for the IES exam.

Good luck.
12th July 2010, 01:18 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Quote:
i have M.C.A.,ME(C.S) ..so can i be eligible for appearing UPSC engineering service examination....I expect answer very soon
Hi,

You say, You pursued ME(C.S)- Masters in computer Engineering, I believe. If so, Yes you are double Eligible for Engineering service examination. No Worries.
All the best.
12th July 2010, 01:26 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Quote:
sir....1)is MCA degree is eligible for appearing IES exam...or not.and
2)ME with MCA is eligible or not
please kindly i request you to answer me in this regard
my email id is [email protected]
Hi,

Sorry. No, MCA is not eligible for the Engineering service examination. Though, MCA is considered somewhat equivalant to BE Computer Science in IT industry, It is not so, with UPSC. So you are not eligible.

I dont understand what is ME with MCA. Is That, you pursued ME- Masters in Engineering?. If so, Then yes, you are obviously eligible.

All the best.
12th July 2010, 01:32 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Quote:
can computer science B tech stdent is elligible for upsc service exam?
Hi,

There is nothing wrong in being a computer science student. Obviously you are Eligible. As you are a graduate, you are eligible for the UPSC CSE examination. And also since you are a BTech student, you are also eligible for IES Examination to my knowledge. So no worries.
All the Best.
31st July 2010, 08:21 PM
s.k.singh

For the ies exam only for the following engineering branch,mechanical/electrical/electronics/civil,MCA is not eligible for the Engineering service examination. Though, MCA is considered somewhat equivalant to BE Computer Science in IT industry,
6th August 2010, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

can a instrumentation m.sc student apply for ugc net exam?
25th August 2010, 10:41 PM
Raajita

Default good idea

Dear friend1.) its good idea for upse because it is having most respectable jobs.
2.)As u r a B.Tech.(CSE) student u have no subjects in upsc related to ur Degree
3.)so as u have optional subjects choose sujects u r interested in ,there r 22 subjects
4.)Due to Changing Scenario and CSAT implementation subjects like Public Administration and geography will be better
5.)U can also choose Sociology,a core short syllabus subject.The suggested books for this are Social Movement-M.S.Rao
6.)study current affairs and newspapers like India Today,Yojna.U must also have Public Disscussions.
7.)After Prelims u have to go for Mains and Interview
8.)For more information www.upsc.gov.in
9.)there r institutions like Chankya Acadamy
28th August 2010, 01:36 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

hi.....friend.........

yes acomputer science student can apply for UPSC exam.

only you have to compromise with some different papers...

for more information you can visit the site..

www.upsc.gov.in
21st September 2010, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

IS MCA PASSED STUDENT ELIGIBLE OR NOT FOR IES
20th December 2010, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

4 what course in engineering a student finished 12th can do???
27th December 2010, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

I have done MCA.can i write upsc engineering service exam.
5th January 2011, 12:05 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Red face Re: can a computer science student apply to upsc engineering service exam?

Quote:
Dear friend,
i think absolutely eligible,because you arte graduate studentso,why not...
27th January 2011, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

I will b completing BE in computers soon..As there are no options for computers...in ies/upsc exam...which of the 2 fields r better or manageable for a fresh start..Civil or Electronics and telecommunications?? Need some guidance..!!
31st January 2011, 05:34 PM
mychandru024

Yes, you can. only criteria is that you should have finished your degree.
1st February 2011, 12:01 AM
Harshita21

Quote:
Their are only four branches students are eligible for
IES entrance exam these are:

* Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers *

* Electronics and Radio Engineers *
* Mechanical *
5th February 2011, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Can a computer science engineer take electronic subject ib ies exam?
7th February 2011, 07:59 PM
akki89

Quote:
Dear friend,

Surely you are eligible for applying in IES examination.
But there is no option subject as Computer Science, so you
can not take CS as an optional subject while applying for IES
examination.
So, you have to select any other subject of choice.
I would suggest you to select the subject related to CS ,ie,
Electronics and telecommunication which will be best for you
for the examination.

For subject informations and further details you can visit the
official website of UPSC:

Best wishes..
14th March 2011, 03:16 PM
GABRU GABRU GABRU BOLO
Junior Member+

HI,

yes you are eligible for it,it is enough if you are a graduate in any trade.

you can see all the details on the websites
www.upsc.gov.in

BEST OF LUCK
11th June 2011, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my mca i have to know which exam can i prefer in upsc exams
12th June 2011, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Would would be the best Optional Subject that a BE CSE candidate can choose , Since they don't have their primary subject in the list of optional papers, which would be the best one to go for ?
26th August 2011, 09:35 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Yes you can give entrance paper upsc after graduation.The only requirment for

upsc paper is graduation.After engineering you can give entrance paper.A

computer science engineer also get job.there is also requirment for adminstrator.

Yo can eligible for upsc exam after completion of your engineering degree.

All the best
20th September 2011, 06:08 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

my friend, except IES exam, you can apply for most of UPSC exams . in IES ,a student having B.TECH |B.E. degree in any one of these streams (electrical,mechanical,civil,& electrical & communication engineering ).
there are no choice for computer science.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?