13th June 2011, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

After B.Com can I apply for Merchant Navy?

hi,
my name is umar shaikh i have completed bcom from mumbai university and i got 80.00%, i m intrested in merchant navy so can i apply in that and please also provide me with cont # who can help me in this matter. please mail me the details on my mail id = [email protected] or [email protected].

thanks and regards
umar sk.

13th June 2011, 10:45 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After B.Com can I apply for Merchant Navy?

Hello friend,
Merchant Navy basically gives opportunities to candidates with science background. Most of the jobs on board are performed by marine engineers and deck officers. They look after the engineering department and navigation department.
Since there are not enough shipping companies that recruits commerce graduates, but some of them do appoint commerce graduates with computer knowledge to look after the clerical jobs on board. The one who looks after the clerical jobs on board are called pursuer.
As you have mentioned that you got 80% in your BCom, i guess you can do very well in commercial field, instead of opting for merchant navy.
13th June 2011, 11:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,
my name is umar shaikh i have completed bcom from mumbai university and i got 80.00%, i m intrested in merchant navy so can i apply in that and please also provide me with cont # who can help me in this matter. please mail me the details on my mail id = [email protected] or [email protected].

thanks and regards
umar sk.
The applicant with a B.E or B.Tech in Mechanical, Electrical, or Technology Engineering can join the Merchant navy as an Engine Cadet, Fifth Engineer or as a Junior Engineer. The Direct entry Deck Cadets have to go through a basic pre-sea training. This is mandatory to all the candidates.

so you are not eligible for Merchant Navy.

all the best.
14th June 2011, 03:19 PM
kamal111

iam sorry but i think u cannot apply for merchant navy
16th June 2011, 12:06 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can join in Merchant Navy after graduation.

to join in the Merchant Navy you have to give upsc exam.

through UPSC exam. this exam you can appear after your graduation course.

all the best.........
16th June 2011, 12:43 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi
you ca not apply after b.com for merchant navy
because this is only for technical student
23rd July 2011, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

any diploma course in merchant navy after 12th com. email me at [email protected]
5th August 2011, 07:31 AM
Unregistered

What the job with Highest Pay for B.com graduates ( AGE 27 )
9th September 2011, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

HOW CAN WE APPLY FOR A CLERICAL JOB IN MERCHANT NAVY.???

I AM COMMERCE GRADUATE.

AND I CAME TO KNOW THAT GIRLS CAN NOT DO THIS JOB, IT IS TRUE TO WHAT EXTEND??
30th November 2011, 07:59 PM
co-rocks

HI DEAR,

Merchant Navy basically gives opportunities to candidates with science background. Most of the jobs on board are performed by marine engineers and deck officers. They look after the engineering department and navigation department.

Since there are not enough shipping companies that recruits commerce graduates, but some of them do appoint commerce graduates with computer knowledge to look after the clerical jobs on board. The one who looks after the clerical jobs on board are called pursuer.

As you have mentioned that you got 80% in your BCom, i guess you can do very well in commercial field, instead of opting for merchant navy.

THANKS
17th February 2012, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

hello, can i apply after b.com graduates ,and i have given upsc exam. so can i join the meachant navy...
21st February 2013, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

After b.com can I apply in merchant navy?????
21st February 2013, 07:14 PM
mayankt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After b.com can I apply in merchant navy?????
Hi,

Merchant Navy is one of the most high paying professions and is also considered to be a profession of great repute. Therefore merchant Navy is one of the most popular career choices made by students.
In Merchant Navy there are basically three areas requiring different kind of services which are the deck, the engine and the service department. BSc. Nautical Science is the course which has to be undertaken by the merchant navy aspirants. The course is conducted by government institutes as well as private institutes most of which provide employment with themselves to the students after they finish their course. The entrance to BSc. Nautical Science course is based on a written test and an interview.

Best of Luck...
1st July 2013, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

hello,
i am prithvi singh i have just completed my 12th from maths stream nd i got 72%,i m intrested in merchant navy so how can i apply for this please help me,and give me the full details for this, and also i want to know that can we join merchant navy after bba or bcom,
if you can contact me so its very thankful to you its my no(08962423468)
1st July 2013, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

hello,
i am prithvi singh i have just completed my 12th from maths stream, and i am intersted in merchant navy but how can i join merchant navy i dont know, please help me for this and give me the full details of merchant navy and also i want to knw that can we join merchant navy after bba or bcom , and if its possible that u can conatct me then its very thankful to me my cell no is (8962423468) and also my email address is [email protected].
please help me soon for this.
thankyou
1st July 2013, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

hello,
i am prithvi singh i have just completed my 12th from maths stream, and i am intersted in merchant navy but how can i join merchant navy i dont know, please help me for this and give me the full details of merchant navy and also i want to knw that can we join merchant navy after bba or bcom , and if its possible that u can conatct me then its very thankful to me my cell no is (8962423468) and also my email address is [email protected].
please help me soon for this.
thankyou
2nd November 2014, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Hii dis is swarna i hav completed my graduation in b.com stream and now i am intrested to get into navy academy so are there any oppurtunities fir girls in navy if so what are the oppurtunities and the steps to get it done
8th February 2015, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

hi this is kesava i have completed my b com &ihad a ncc navy c certificate alsa i intreasted in work sea pls provide how can i apply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?