23rd December 2015, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to join IAF after scoring good marks in graduation?

Hi,

I want to Join IAF but i was Rejected Due to % i Got 47% in HSC So Can i join After Graduation by Scoring Good Marks in it plzzzzzzzz Reply Asap...

plzzz give me all the Detalils of it plzzzz

I am Rechable

Thank you.

23rd December 2015, 06:28 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible for me to join IAF after scoring good marks in graduation?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Air Force after graduation degree. To join IAF you have to qualify in CDS examination conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination for Air Force wing is :-

Candidate must have passed or in final year of graduation from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 19-23 years.

Candidate must have B.Tech/B.E or graduation in Physics or Mathematics.

The examination is conducted in two stages and you have to qualify in both stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd December 2015, 07:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to join IAF after scoring good marks in graduation?

IAF stands for Indian Air Force and for joining the same the aggregate in the graduation degree course is alone not enough as you will need to clear CDS entrance examination for joining IAF.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and it is an academy that provides essential training to those who manages to clear CDS entrance examination successfully and are looking to make their career as an Air force officer.

--> For joining Indian Air force, the qualifications which you must have for appearing in the same examination are as given below :-

* You must have the citizenship of India with your age lying within 19 years to 23 years.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course with either of Physics / Chemistry / Engineering trades from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree course are also eligible for appearing in the same examination.

* You must have physical and mental toughness as per the service requirement norms.

Also the examination is being conducted in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

For further details about the same examination you can log to either www.upsc.gov.in or www.upscexam.com.
23rd December 2015, 08:39 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Of course yes. It is possible to join Indian Air Force After completion of Graduation. The basic educational qualification required are given below in detail. See, you can join Indian Air Force through "CDS" Recruitment which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. So the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for joining IAF is "Graduate Degree" or any bachelor Degree from a recognized university. Basically there is no certain percentage criteria is required in order to be eligible for joining CDS.

For Air Force Academy Cadet Through CDS Exam:

>> B.Sc with Physics and or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering from a recognized university.

>> So make sure you study any one of the above mentioned courses in order to be eligible.

>> Ensure you secured minimum 60% marks in Graduation to be in safe side.
24th December 2015, 01:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I want to Join IAF but i was Rejected Due to % i Got 47% in HSC So Can i join After Graduation by Scoring Good Marks in it plzzzzzzzz Reply Asap...

I am Rechable

Thank you.
Yes, you can join IAF but you have fulfill below given criteria first.

After graduation you can join in IAF through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Air Force Academy: - 19 to 23 years
24th December 2015, 01:06 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi,

I am Rechable

Thank you.
Yes, it is possible that you can join in Indian Army through CDS exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every twice in a year. The candidate should be a graduate in any field having pursued 3 years of education after high school from a recognized university. Age should be stayed between 19 years to 24 year with unmarried male status.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
24th December 2015, 02:05 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi,

I am Rechable

Thank you.
Yeah sure you can get into Indian Air Force if you score good marks in your respected graduation degree and find yourself a post in Air Force. This can be done by applying for the CDS Exam (Combined Defence Service) once you complete your graduation degree. CDS is a part of UPSC exam and is conducted every year making a way for candidates to join in defence forces.

To be eligible for the CDS exam to join in IAF you should have a citizenship in India. Age limit needed for joining in IAF is 19-23 years. Regarding the educational qualification, candidate need to have completed a degree with physics and mathematics as subjects. Apart from all these candidate need to be physically fit.

The pattern for the exam consists of sections such as English, General Knowledge, Elementary Mathematics. Each of these sections are objective based questions and carries 100 marks each, totally of 300 marks.

If you satisfy all the above mentioned criteria's for the CDS Exam then you can apply and join in Indian Air Force. To know more information regarding the exam click HERE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?