30th January 2012, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

At an age of 16 can I appear for NDA entrance exam?

Sir, My DOB is 14 jan 1996 Should I appear For NDA Enterance Exam?

1st February 2012, 10:17 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: At an age of 16 can I appear for NDA entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As per your Date of Birth, you are eligible to appear for the NDA exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
You were even eligible to write the upcoming NDA exam but the last date of submission of application forms are over and therefore, you will have to apply for the NDA II of this year which is supposed to be conducted on 19.08.2012 and the application form for the same will be issued from 05.05.2012.

As far as the basic eligibility criteria for the NDA exam is concerned, you must have qualified higher secondary examination with Physics and Maths, in order to apply for the Air Force and Naval wing of NDA but if you want to apply for the Army wing, you may write the exam without having Physics and Maths in your higher secondary level.
2nd February 2012, 12:45 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes your eligible to apply for the NDA Examination , If your interested in NDA Examination then you have to satisfy Educational qualification and Physical Standard then only your eligible for NDA Examination .

NDA :- National Defence Academy .

This Examination is conducted by UPSC for every twice in year . NDA having three wings namely ,

>>Indian Army
>>Indian Navy
>>Indian Air force

Eligibility criteria for NDA Examination :-

You should complete 12th Board Examination in any stream from recognized university and If your completed intermediate(12th) examination then you also eligible to apply for this Examination .

You should complete 12th Examination in science stream like physics /chemistry and Mathematics then only your eligible for Navy and Airforce academy .

You should complete 12h Examination in any discipline then your eligible to apply for Army academy .

You should be unmarried male candidate then only your eligible for NDA Examination and your age should be 16.5 years to 19 years .

You should be physically as well as mentally fit for the NDA Examination .

The Important Notification for NDA Examination are published in official website as well as employment news .

Physically standard :-

2nd February 2012, 07:54 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
hi!!

NDA Exam is conducted by the upsc(union public service commission) twice every year for the three wings of INDIAN army,namely
  1. ARMY WING
  2. NAVAL ACADEMY
  3. AIRFORCE WING
now this exam is conducted twice every year as NDA-1 and NDA-2.sohere is the eligibility crieteria for you to know whether you are eligible to sit or not

EIGIBIITY CRITERIA
  • The candidate should have age b/w 16.5 to 19 years toapply for this examination this is known as age criteria.
  • you should be having Physics/chemistry & mathematics in your XII exams if that is the case then you can appy for all the three branches
  • if you are only passed in your XII class from any branch then only eligible for the Army wing
  • you should be physically fit and sound
  • in case you want to apply for the Airforce wing then your eyesight should be
  1. 6/6 for one eye
  2. maximum 6/9 for the other eye

yes!!
you are eligible to sit in NDA-2 and not NDA -1 .this is because of the reason that you have only completed 16 years on 14'th january 2012.that means you are not having the required 16.5 minimum age.

hence you can only sit in NDA-2 of this year

hope this helped you.......

however you can visit by CICKING HERE for more information

with regards
roknits
2nd February 2012, 09:21 AM
anlakshmi

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.NDA Examination are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year.

NDA Examination is conducted in 3 wings:

• Indian Air Force
• Indian Navy
• Indian Army

The Eligibility Criteria:

** The candidate must have to pass 12th class from a recognized university.

** And the final year of 12th class students also to apply for this NDA Examination.

** The age limit in between 16.5 to 19 years.

** The candidate must be male person & unmarried and medically fit.

** The candidate must be citizen of India.

If you can fulfill the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for NDA Examination.

For more information please visit the official website: www.upsc.in.

All the best!
2nd February 2012, 09:34 AM
monther

hi
yes you are eligible .To tell about NDA it is a defense service programme which is conducted for UPSC every year twice namely as NDA I and NDA II.

There are certain eligibility conditions that the candidate must possess to apply for the NDA Exam,and they may include such as:

-> Candidate must have a citizenship in India

-> Candidate appearing must be a unmarried male candidate as it is a important standard.

-> Candidate must have a age limit of 16 1/2-19 years i.e candidate should have born after 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st January 1996.

-> Regarding the education qualification for the NDA exam it is mentioned that the candidate who are wishing to be a part of Indian Army must have completed +2 from a recognized school board.

-> Candidates who want to be a part of Indian Navy and Air Force must have completed +2 from a recognized board with physics and mathematics as subjects.

-> Candidate must be physically fit while appearing for the NDA Exam as regarding the physical standard.
2nd February 2012, 02:00 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Quote:
Hi Friend,

yes you are eligible for NDA exam( as per age).
you are satisfying the required age limit, but to be eligible for NDA exam along with the age you should also satify some other criterias like

you should have completed 12th class or equivalent from any recognised board or a student who is going to appear for 12th exam can also apply.
Should be a unmarried male candidate between the age limit 16 1/2 to19 years.
this NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year.
With NDA exam one can get admission in
Indian Army
Indian Navy and
Indian Airforce.
but to be eligible for Indian Navy and Indian Airforce one should have studied
Maths and Physics as compulsary subjects in 12th class.
for Army there is no restriction on subjects in 12th class.

A candidate has to go through three stages :

Written examination conducted by UPSC
Interview by SSB to test officer potentialities
Medical Test by a Service Medical Board.

Scheme of the Examination

Papers will be objective type. Medium of examination is English only.

Syllabus for Entrance Examination
Paper I - Mathematics : (Maximum Marks 300)
Arithmetic, Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics.
Paper II - General Ability
Part A - English (Maximum Marks 200)
Part B - General Knowledge (Maximum Marks 400)

APPLICATION FORM are published by the UPSC at interval of six months,
i.e. April / May and October / November in all the local newspapers and Employment News.

All the best
2nd February 2012, 04:50 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to apply for NDA if you are over the minimum age of 16.5 years.

NDA- NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Army, navy and Air Force wings of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age of 16.5 to 19 years of age having either appeared for final 12thexam or passed with a good physical fitness.

For more information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
2nd February 2012, 05:27 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
I am happy to Inform you that you are eligible For N.D.A Exam..

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

After qualifying N.D.A exam you can join Defence services like:-
> Army
> Air Force
> Navy

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with recognized university
> Age limit:-16.5-19 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit

There are three steep of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

IMPORTANT DATES FOR N.D.A. & N.A. EXAM.(I), 2012
Date of Notification:-31.12.2011
Last date of receipt of form:-30.01.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-15.04.2012(SUNDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
2nd February 2012, 07:57 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

NDA exam is held twice in year,conducted by Union Public Service Commission to take qualified students into different defense service like
>>Indian Air Force wings
>>Indian Army wings
>>Indian Navy wings

To appear for Indian Air Force/Indian Navy wings,you should have complete 12th class with PCM stream from a recognized university.And your age should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

To appear for Indian Army wings,you should have complete 12th class with any stream from a recognized university.And your age should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

After fulfilling with any one of criteria,then you can appear for NDA exam.
NDA-I exam notification will release in the month of December and exam helds on April month every year.
NDA-II exam notification will release in the month of May and exam helds on August month every year.

Visit official website for more details.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd February 2012, 07:08 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Your decision to choose the services as an option for career is appreciated. NDA entrance exam is one exam which almost all the aspirants for defence services would be writing. The authorities are very strict with the rules, esp. the age. The present public release by the authorities mentions that the candidates born between 2nd January 1994 and 1st July 1996 can apply for the exam. So as per this release you are eligible in writing the NDA exam. 2 Exams are conducted every year by UPSC. You can attempt this exam till you turn 19 years of age.
16th June 2016, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Can a student who is presently studying 12 standard but dob is 2000 can apply for exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?