7th May 2011, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for NET SET exam after graduating from B.A and M.A with 55% marks?

I am a BA pass graduate with pol sc and MA in pol sc with 55% marks. Am i eligible to appear net set exam

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for NET/SET examination after completion of MA with 50% marks and BA also with 50%?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for NET or SET exam after completion of M.Com course?
  3. Can I appear in NET/SET 2016 after completion of M.Sc in June 2016?
  4. Can I be eligible for NET, SET exam after completing BSc computer science in regular and MSc software technology in correspondence
  5. Can I be eligible for NET SET after completing PG in MBA finance with 57% marks
  6. Date of next exam for NET/SET exam? Is 50% marks student eligible for OBC category? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can i appear for SET/NET exams after Masters in Ayurveda?
  8. Am i eligible for NET/SET exam after passing MSc IT with 53%
  9. Can i do Lecturership in Hindi after MA from IGNOU in same?
  10. Eligibility criteria for PGDM students for giving NET/SET exam?
  11. Can i be eligible for NET SET exam after completing BSc with 58% aggregate
  12. Am I eligible for NET and SET exam? I have passed out MSc IT
  13. Am I eligible to apply for NET-SET Exam being a candidate having scored 58% in B.Sc and 57% in MBA Finance?
  14. What is the eligibility to write NET/SET exam?
  15. Am I eligible to write NET or SET exam after getting 54.72% in graduation and 53% in graduation?
  16. If I pass MLIS in Distance Education mode with more than 55% then am I eligible to sit for NET or SET exam for Librarian Post? Maximum age limit for appear for NET or SET exam?
  17. Can I appear in SET with 53% in distance M.A.(History)? Fee details of SET coaching classes? -- [New]
  18. Am i eligible for SET or NET exam after completing M.Com this year?
8th May 2011, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET SET exam after graduating from B.A and M.A with 55% marks?

without holding the master degree can i eligible for net exam?
28th May 2011, 10:56 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET SET exam after graduating from B.A and M.A with 55% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a BA pass graduate with pol sc and MA in pol sc with 55% marks. Am i eligible to appear net set exam
Hey friend,

I have mentioned the eligibility criteria which a candidate must possess for writing the NET exam.

Eligibility:
  1. The candidate must finish their Master's degree from a recognized university with 55% aggregate.For SC/ST/VH/PH candidates it is 50%.
  2. The candidates must appear with the subjects of their post graduation only.

Thank you.
21st June 2011, 08:06 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET SET exam after graduating from B.A and M.A with 55% marks?

Quote:
NET examination Was Conducted By UGC Every Year And To apply for this examination, you need to complete your Master Degree Examination with At Least 55% Marks. So, If You have Complete Your Master degree examination with 55% Marks, Then yes You are eligible for NET Examination.

So, If You who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities recognised by UGC, then you can apply for NET Examination. Final Year Master Degree Candidates are also eligible to apply for NET Examination.

The examination was held 2 times In a Year, Firstly In the Month Of June And Another In December, Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online. So, If You are Interested to apply Online, then You are required to download the Bank Challan Performa from the UGC website and then deposit the requisite test fee in any branch of State Bank of India. And After Deposit the Fees, You Can fill the online Application form.

The Examination fees for NET Examination for General Candidates was Rs 450.

If You are interested to apply for Lectureship, then there is no upper age limit criteria for this post, But if you want to apply for Junior Research Fellowship, then Your age should not be more than 28 Years. Age Relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and other Category Candidates.

So, If you have completed your Master degree course, then you are eligible for this examination, So If you want to get More Information Regarding UGC NET Examination, Then please visit the Official website -

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
21st June 2011, 09:08 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi
criteria is:--

*candidate must pass the master degree with 55% mark for general
5% relax for sc/st
*this exam is 2 times in year
you apply if you eligible for this............
21st June 2011, 10:33 PM
sagarlaha1
Junior Member+

Quote:
without holding the master degree can i eligible for net exam?
No dear NET exam is only for masters degree holder with 55% marks for the genl candidate and for sc/st candidate the marks should be atleast 50%.

Good luck.
21st June 2011, 11:27 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Eligibility for the NET exam is that,

1.you must not be more then the age of 28 years.

2.You must have completed your master in graduation with minimum of 55% marks for General and OBC students; 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped students.

3.Phd degree holder can also apply.

you have 55% in master degree so you are eligible for NET exam.

all the best.
22nd June 2011, 06:54 AM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET SET exam after graduating from B.A and M.A with 55% marks?

Yes, you are eligible to write the NET SET exam. the NET SET exam is conductes by the UGC (University Grant Commission) in Every year. The Age limit for this exam is not more then 28 years. Any degree holders are eligible to appear i the exam.
22nd June 2011, 11:39 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

The National Eligibility Test (NET),conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) to determine eligibility for
lectureship and
for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) .

The Test is conducted twice(months of June and December) in a year in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science like SET(State Eligibility Test).

Eligibility:

1:You should have Master Degree from a recognized University and Colleges,you can also apply for the exam if your Result Awaited category, if you are appearing or has appeared in your final year of M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination.

2:You have to secure minimum 55% of marks in your Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination .

3:There is no age limit for applying for lectureship.

4:If you apply for Junior Research Fellowship ,your age should not more than 28 years.

State Eligibility Test(SET) is one of the best state level examination for
Lectureship like the National Eligibility Test(NET),conducted by the University Grants Commission (U.G.C.).

Eligibility:

1:You should have the Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

2:SC/ST candidates who have secured minimum 55% marks in Master's Degree or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test.

3:you can not be allowed to appear in the test if

you are in first year of two years course of Master's Degree.
or
you are in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree.

4:There is no age limit to appear in the test.
22nd June 2011, 11:46 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

The National Eligibility Test (NET),conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) to determine eligibility for
lectureship and
for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) .

The Test is conducted twice(months of June and December) in a year in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science like SET(State Eligibility Test).

Eligibility:

1:You should have Master Degree from a recognized University and Colleges,you can also apply for the exam if your Result Awaited category, if you are appearing or has appeared in your final year of M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination.

2:You have to secure minimum 55% of marks in your Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination .

3:There is no age limit for applying for lectureship.

4:If you apply for Junior Research Fellowship ,your age should not more than 28 years.

State Eligibility Test(SET) is one of the best state level examination for
Lectureship like the National Eligibility Test(NET),conducted by the University Grants Commission (U.G.C.).

Eligibility:

1:You should have the Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

2:SC/ST candidates who have secured minimum 55% marks in Master's Degree or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test.

3:you can not be allowed to appear in the test if

you are in first year of two years course of Master's Degree.
or
you are in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree.

4:There is no age limit to appear in the test.
5th June 2012, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

hi i m payal.can you tell that i m eligble for set exam .i got 49.11% in pg dergge
11th September 2013, 01:42 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Payal,

If you have completed MA in Political Science with an aggregate of 55% marks , then you are definitely eligible for the NET Exam.

The Acronym "NET" stands for National Eligibility Test whereas SET Stands for State Eligibility Test.

Both the Tests are conducted for the same purpose but the only difference is that NET is conducted at national level whereas SET is conducted on State Level.

The Candidates who want to be selected for the following posts are more likely to apply for the NET :

* Lectureship

* Junior Research Fellowship

The NET Exam is conducted every year on two occasions first in the month of June and second in the month of December.

The Eligibility Criteria Required for National Eligibility Test are :

>> The candidate must have completed Post Graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

>> The candidate must have completed PG with a minimum of 55% marks.

>> Candidates who belong to SC/ST Category , get a relaxation of 5% marks.

>> OBC Candidates do not get any type of relaxation in marks.

>> The Age Limit criteria applies only for the post of JRF as there is no age limit for the post of Lectureship.

>> The age limit for the JRF post is 21-28 years for those candidates who belong to General Category.

>> OBC Candidates get a relaxation of 3 years whereas SC/ST Candidates get 5 years relaxation in upper age.

>> The candidate must be an Indian.

So , If you have the above mentioned qualifications , then you can apply for the National Eligibility Test.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
11th September 2013, 04:03 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
dear aspirant

as you are master degree pass out student with 55% marks you are eligible for net/set exam ,

NET stands for national eligibility test and set stands fro state eligibility test

NET is conducted at national level whereas set is conducted at state level

net is conducted for :

lectureship
junior research fellowship

eligibility for net :

must have completed post graduation from a recognized university

must have scored 55% in post graduation

5% relaxation for sc/st students

no relaxation for obc students

age limit for jrf is 21-28 years

3 year relaxation for obc students

5 year relaxation for sc/st students

no upper age limit for lectureship

so if you satisfy above limits then you are definitely eligible for the exam

good luck
12th September 2013, 10:31 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test conducted by the UGC for the posts of:

i) Lecturers

ii) Junior Research Fellowship

As you have mentioned you have Post Graduated with 55% marks in Political Science then you are definitely eligible for the Examination.

The NET examination is conducted twice in a year in the months of June and December.

The required eligibility criteria a candidate must fulfill for NET examination are as follows:

* Post Graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* Post Graduation with at least 55% marks.

* 50% marks required for SC/ST candidates.

* Age criteria

i) No age limit for the post of lecturership

ii) JRF - 21-28 years (General Category Candidates)

3 years relaxation in upper age for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST Candidates.

Citizenship - Indian.

Thaks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?