1st June 2016, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET/SET examination after completion of MA with 50% marks and BA also with 50%?

I have completed my MA and BA degree scoring 50% in either case. Now, I want to know that am I eligible to apply for NET, SET examination with the marks and qualifications I have. Kindly provide me the answer at the earliest.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for NET/SET examination after completion of MA with 50% marks and BA also with 50%? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to apply for NETSET? I am B.Com graduate and have done 5 levels of german language. After my graduation I worked in TCS for 2 years and currently I am pursuing MBA through correspondence from Symbiosis, Pune
  3. Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of diploma course?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for CA course after completion of graduation with 48% marks?
  5. Can I do BBA course after completion of diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  6. Am I eligible for NETSET Exam having completed BA with 60% and MA with 54% in the year of 2008? Last date to submit the application forms for this Exam?
  7. Am I eligible to get scholarship after completion of inter with 96.6% marks and belong to OC category?
  8. Eligibility criteria to do NETSET after M.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. MCA degree is sufficient to become an Army Officer?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for government job after completion of 12th with 52% marks?
  11. Where can I join for MBA after passing B.Com with 48%?
  12. iitjee 2016 eligibility after applying gap certificate in 12th
  13. How to get admission in NDA after 10th? How much percentage is required for it?
  14. Am I eligible to appear for PMT after completion of class 12th with less marks?
  15. Can I appear for CAT Exam after scoring 56% in B.Com?
  16. What is the syllabus for M.Pharm student for NETSET?
  17. kya me next year 10 th ki exam external de sakta hu ?
  18. How can I get information regarding GATE and GRE exams?
1st June 2016, 10:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET/SET examination after completion of MA with 50% marks and BA also with 50%?

For NET/SET you need to score above 55% marks in post graduation if you belong to general category. For reserved category there is 5% relaxation in marks.
Hence, if you belong to reserved category then surely you can apply for it.
2nd June 2016, 09:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET/SET examination after completion of MA with 50% marks and BA also with 50%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my MA and BA degree scoring 50% in either case. Now, I want to know that am I eligible to apply for NET, SET examination with the marks and qualifications I have. Kindly provide me the answer at the earliest.
You have completed M.A degree with 50% marks, so you are not eligible for NET/ SET exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized University are eligible for NET/SET exam.

There are no age criteria.
2nd June 2016, 12:30 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

The eligibility to apply for NET is a pass in Master’s Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for OBC (non creamy layer), SC/ST). If you are an OBC (non creamy layer) or SC/ST then you are eligible for the NET examination.
The examinations will be conducted on 10th July 2016. The website link is Official Website
The eligibility for SET or SLET is a pass in Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST).
2nd June 2016, 01:15 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot appear for NET/SET examination after completion of your MA and BA with 50% in either case as the minimum marks requirement is 55% in aggregate in PG course.

Therefore, as you have been unable to score a minimum of 55% in your PG course, you are not eligible to apply for NET/SET examination.
2nd June 2016, 01:16 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot appear for NET/SET examination after completion of your MA and BA with 50% in either case as the minimum marks requirement is 55% in aggregate in PG course.

Therefore, as you have been unable to score a minimum of 55% in your PG course, you are not eligible to apply for NET/SET examination.
5th May 2017, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET/SET examination after completion of BA with 59%marks .
8th June 2017, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for net /set examination after completion of MA 55% marks and BA also with 47.5%?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?