3rd February 2012, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in NET/SLET exam? I've passed my M.A(Distance learning) in English? What's the minimum percentage required and No. of Attempts available?

Am I eligible to appear in NET/SLET exams having passed my M.A in English through distance learning & what is the minimum percentage required??How many times i can appear for these exams if i am not successful in my 1st attempt??

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum percentage required in B.Tech to do MS in germany? What is the percentage required?
  2. Percentage required to appear in TET under SC category? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible to apply for IBPS exam if secured 38% in 12th?
  4. Can I study B.Ed if completed B.Sc(IT)?
  5. What is the minimum percentage of marks required in BE to be eligible for GRE exam?
  6. Minimum percentage required to apply for UPSC exam
  7. What is the fee structure of Kasturba Manipal University? What is the maximum cutoff or minimum eligibility percentage for admission?
  8. What's the minimum percentage(in degree) required to appear group exams in AP? Is there any relaxation available for OBC and SC/ST candidates? Number of attempts available for the same?
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  10. Am I eligible for bank exam after completing B.Com from Delhi Open School of Learning? Is there any fixed minimum percentage in graduation to be eligible for bank exam
  11. What is the percentage required to get a seat in Aeronautics?
  12. What is the minimum percentage required in intermediate course for SC candidates to be eligible for JEE Advance exam?
  13. What is the minimum percentage required to take admission in M.A English?
  14. Diploma Mechanical final year student can appear in NATA 2016 exam or not?
  15. What qualities are needed for doing job in Infosys?
  16. Minimum percentage required for to take admission in M.A. English? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Minimum percentage required to sit for IPS examination?
  18. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if secured 58% in B.Tech?
12th February 2012, 12:01 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NET/SLET exam? I've passed my M.A(Distance learning) in English? What's the minimum percentage required and No. of Attempts available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to appear in NET/SLET exams having passed my M.A in English through distance learning & what is the minimum percentage required??How many times i can appear for these exams if i am not successful in my 1st attempt??
NET stands for National Eligibility Test
SET stands for State Eligibility Test for Lectureship

NET examination is Conducted by UGC, Twice in a year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course from a recognised University.

~~ It is not mentioned in the official websites or in Notification that only Regular candidates are eligible to apply for NET/SLET Examination.

~~ So, if you have completed your MA English Course through Distance Mode then you are also apply for NET/SLET Examination.

~~ But you have to scored minimum 55% Marks in your Post graduation.

~~ Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for both these examinations.

~~ NET Examination is Conducted twice in a year and the examination is Conducted in June and December every year.

~~ The Notification of June NET Examination will be published soon on April 2012 and eligible candidates may fill the application form Online.

Age Eligibility :
------------

~~ There is No upper age restrictions to apply for Lectureship Post

~~ But for Junior Research Fellowship Post your age should not be more than 28 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

NET Examination pattern is changed from this year and there are 3 papers in NET Examination and all the papers is Objective type.

You have to choose the subjects in NET on the Basis of your Post graduation.

So, please wait for the Notification and then apply for the examination and for more information check official website :

http://ugcnetonline.in
12th February 2012, 12:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NET/SLET exam? I've passed my M.A(Distance learning) in English? What's the minimum percentage required and No. of Attempts available?

Quote:
If your MA distance course is approved by UGC then you are eligible for NET exam Otherwise not.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.There is no restriction for attempts NET exam.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

Important Dates For NET Examination:-

The UGC NET exam is held twice in a year..

They are held in June 2012 and December 2011/2012.

The notification details and other important announcement are made in March and September 2012 respectively.

Date of UGC NET entrance test by June last week, 2012.

Notifications will be published by March last week, 2012

Final date for online application April last Week, 2012

Final date of submitting the documents at the center: May first Week, 2012

Date of common entrance Exam is by December last week, 2011/2012

Final date for submitting he completed form is by September end, 2011/2012

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in

8th September 2013, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

is the distance candidates will be eligible for NET exam
8th September 2013, 05:14 PM
sriharidatta
Member+

Respected sir/madam,

If your MA distance course is approved by UGC then you are eligible for NET exam Otherwise not.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.There is no restriction for attempts NET exam.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

Important Dates For NET Examination:-

The UGC NET exam is held twice in a year..

They are held in June 2012 and December 2011/2012.

The notification details and other important announcement are made in March and September 2012 respectively.

Date of UGC NET entrance test by June last week, 2012.

Notifications will be published by March last week, 2012

Final date for online application April last Week, 2012

Final date of submitting the documents at the center: May first Week, 2012

Date of common entrance Exam is by December last week, 2011/2012

Final date for submitting he completed form is by September end, 2011/2012

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
9th September 2013, 06:48 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility Test and the State Eligibility Test are conducted for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship. While NET is the national level which is conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC), SET is a state level exam which most of the states in India conducts.

State Eligibility Test may be conducted by the each state separately, but the eligibility criteria is same as for the National Eligibility Test. The minimum qualification requirement is post graduation degree.

Even if you have completed post graduation through correspondence or distance education, you are still eligible for the National Eligibility Test. However your college should be recognized by the UGC. This rule applies to all.

Number of attempts is also a non issue because there is no limit for it. Even if you failed to clear the exam is first attempt, you can appear again for it.

NET Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. Must have completed post graduation course.

3. or should be in final year of post graduation.

4. Minimum marks required are 55 percent.

5. SC/ST will have to score 50 percent in post graduation.

6. There is no relaxation for OBC.

7. The subject for NET would be "English" in your case.

8. Age limit is 19 to 28 years for JRF.

9. There is relaxation of 3 years in upper age limit for OBC.

10. While 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

11. There is no upper age limit for lectureship.

12. Neither there is any limit on attempts.
10th September 2013, 08:27 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

NET Stands for National Eligibility Test. This is a National Level Examination conducted every year for the selection of candidates for the below mentioned posts :

* Lectureship

* Junior Research Fellowship

The NET Exam is conducted twice every year in the months of June and December by the University Grants Commission.

No matter you have completed MA in English from regular mode or distance mode , the things that you have to consider mainly are :

** The University Must be UGC recognized.

** You must have secured a minimum of 55 % marks.

The Essential requisites for the NET Exam are :

>> The candidate must have completed Post Graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

>> The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks.

>> Candidates who are in the final year of PG can also apply.

>> The candidate should not have any type of pending backlog.

>> There is no age limit for the post of Lectureship.

>> The age limit for the post of JRF is 21-28 years if you belong to General Category.

>> There is also a relaxation of 3 years given to OBC Candidates whereas a relaxation of 5 years is given to SC/ST Candidates.

>> The candidate must be an Indian.

>> There is no any fixed number of attempts for the NET Exam.

So , if you have the above mentioned qualifications , only then you can appear for the National Eligibility Test otherwise not.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
10th September 2013, 02:34 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:

If you're completed MA Course in UMG approved university then definitely you're applicable for NET/SLET Entrance Examination, Otherwise you're not applicable for NET/SET Entrance Examination.

Information regarding NET/SET Entrance Examination~~

-NET stands for (National Eligibility Test)
-SET stands for (State Eligibility Test)

This Entrance Examinations conducts Examination for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship. The candidates whoare aspiring to become lecturer in colleges then the candidate need to qualified in NET Entrance Examination. Basically, The NET Entrance Examination is organized by University Grants Commission for every year.

And the SET Entrance Examination is Organized by Every state seperately.

Both the NET and SET Entrance Examinations having same eligibility Criteria, So, If you satisfy the below elgiibility criteria then you're applicable for NET/SET Entrance Examination.

Applicant should be belong from Indian Origin.

The student who are qualified in Master degree course in any discipline from recognized university are make the candidate eligible to apply for NET Entrance Examination.

NET Entrance Examination required Minimum 55% percentage of marks in Master degree course and Relaxation will applicable upto 5% percentage of marks for sc/st candidates.

And come to age criteria for this Entrance Examination. There is no age limit for Lectureship, but you're age should be crossed 19 years and should not crossed 28 years and Upper age relaxation will be given for sc/st candidates and obc candidates.

So, If you have satisfy the educational qualification and age criteria then definitely you're eligible for NET/SET Entrance Examination.

Mostly, the Entrance Examination notification will be released in Official website of NET Entrance Examination and also published in Employment new paper as well.

So, I suggest you to read the above eligibility criteria and please prepare for this Entrance Examination has six months earlier.

All The Best~
16th May 2014, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

what is the pass mark percentage for Tamilnadu Slet exam ?

is negative marking applicable for SLET Exam .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?