15th August 2017, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for AFCAT exam after completion of graduation 6 years before?

Sir/Mam, I want to know if I am eligible or not for Indian army. Because I completed my graduation in 6 year due to some problems. And which course of Indian army is better for me? Can you please give me the right details on the same? Thanks.

16th August 2017, 06:01 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for AFCAT exam after completion of graduation 6 years before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, I want to know if I am eligible or not for Indian army. Because I completed my graduation in 6 year due to some problems. And which course of Indian army is better for me? Can you please give me the right details on the same? Thanks.

If you want to join Indian air force through AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test) then it depends upon eligibility conditions which are to be followed to go for Indian air force. Here below are details regarding AFCAT exam:-

Eligibility Conditions Required to apply for AFCAT:- If you fulfil the eligibility criteria given below then you can apply for the AFCAT exam:-

>>Minimum qualification required to apply for AFCAT exam is graduation from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks.

>> Age limit to apply for AFCAT exam is 19 to 27 years.

>> Applicant must be Indian citizen.

>> Applicant must be physically and mentally fit.

>> Applicant must have good eye sight and free from any kind of eye defect.

>> Both male and female candidates are allowed to apply for AFCAT Exam.

:- So If you fulfill these eligibility conditions then you can apply for the AFCAT exam.

Branches of Indian Air Force where you can go after AFCAT Exam:- There are three branches of Indian air force and are as follows:-

1). Flying Branch.

2). Ground Duty Branch(Technical duty).

3). Ground Duty Branch(Non Technical duty).

>> For more details and apply online please visit www.careerairforce.nic.in.
17th August 2017, 09:21 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for AFCAT exam after completion of graduation 6 years before?

*** AFCAT refers to Air force Common Admission Test and the minimum criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* For flying branch :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India with your age lying within 20 years to 24 years.

ii) You must have completed your graduation degree course with a stream that includes Physics and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree are also eligible.

* For ground duty :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India with your age lying within 20 years to 26 years.

ii) You must have completed your graduation degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course with any discipline from a recognized university.

iii) You must hold physical fitness as per the service requirement norms strictly for both of above discussed branches.

Now as you are concerned about your eligibility having completed your graduation 6 years age then it is not a problem if you satisfy the eligibility criteria of same examination.

Also I would like to mention you that through AFCAT you can join Indian Air force only. To join Indian Army you need to look for CDS entrance examination or other entry process if you are looking for your recruitment as a JCO or tradesmen. All the details regarding different entries in Indian Army is available on the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.

For more details regarding AFCAT you can visit the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?