2nd August 2018, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in AFCAT exam for a candidate having 76% in 12th Science and 61% in Graduation?

Sir, I want to apply in AFCAT exam. I have scored 61% marks in my Graduation and 76% in 12th Science. I would like to know about my eligibility to apply for this exam. Please let me know about the eligibility criteria.

5th August 2018, 07:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in AFCAT exam for a candidate having 76% in 12th Science and 61% in Graduation?

Having completed your Class 12th in Science stream with 76% marks and graduation with 61% marks, you are certainly eligible for appearing in AFCAT as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

Apart from the educational qualifiaction, your age need to lie within 20 years to 24 years for joining flying branch and 20 years to 26 years for joining the ground duty branch of Indian Air force.

For more detailed information regarding AFCAT, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
5th August 2018, 09:36 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in AFCAT exam for a candidate having 76% in 12th Science and 61% in Graduation?

The full form of AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test.

Eligibility criteria for AFCAT exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in science or engineering from a recognized university to apply for technical branch and flying branch. For ground duty branch, candidates with bachelor's degree in any stream can apply for AFCAT exam.

2. The age limit for flying branch is 20-24 years and it is 20-26 years for ground duty branch.

You need to clear written test and SSB for final selection.
5th August 2018, 11:03 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.

There is recruitment to different branches:

Flying branch.

Technical branch.

Ground duty branch.

If you are graduate in science or engineering then you can apply for all branches otherwise only ground duty branch. The age limit for GD branch is 20-26 years and others is 20-24 years.
7th August 2018, 09:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT stands for Air force Common Admission Test and the minimum education required to apply for the same examination is a graduation in any discipline with 60% marks from a recognized university. Also, the candidate must have completed his/her Class 12th with at least 60% marks with Mathematics and Physics as main subjects.

So, having completed your Class 12th in Science stream with 76% marks and your graduation with 61% marks, you are eligible for appearing in AFCAT as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

Apart from the educational qualification, you need to be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 20 years to 24 years for joining flying branch and 20 years to 26 years for joining ground duty branch of Indian Airforce through AFCAT.

For more details and updates regarding AFCAT, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?