4th October 2012, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for bank clerk after completing 12th with 47% in 10th

i have completed my 12th standard with 47%.10th standard with 65%.am i eligible to apply for bank clerks?

6th November 2012, 06:57 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for bank clerk after completing 12th with 47% in 10th

You are eligible to apply for clerical positions in state government sectors. In railways, defense, etc also you can apply for the position. Recently public sector banks had raised the qualification for clerks to graduation. Details of the exam can be collected from the web portal of the concerned organization.
8th November 2012, 09:26 AM
Ravi kumar pawar
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for bank clerk after completing 12th with 47% in 10th

Hi you are not eligible for clerk
Eligibility for sbi clerk:
-minimum 12th with 60%[55% for st/sc]
Age limit: 18-28 year
Age relaxation is also given for obc/st/sc

Eligibility for ibps cler
- degree in an stream
Age limit: 20-30 year
Age relaxation is also given to obc/st/sc
So you do not fullfill the given criteria for clerk.
8th November 2012, 01:28 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

You cannot appear for IBPS clerk exam after doing 12th.

Earlier minimum qualification required was 12th for clerk jobs, but now IBPS has changed the criteria.

Eligibility criteria to apply for IBPS CWE -

1. Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

2. Age should be between 18-28 years.

Exam Pattern -

There are five papers -

1. Quantitative Aptitude
2. Reasoning
3. General awareness
4. Computer awareness
5. English

So, first complete graduation and then apply for the IBPS common written exam.

Till then you have ample time to prepare for the exam.
8th November 2012, 02:53 PM
mahhiads

Hello Friend,

Sorry Friend You Are Not Eligible For Bank Clerk....

Eligibility For SBI Clerk :

1. 60% in 12th (55% For SC/ST)
2. Indian Citizen
3. Age Limit : 21 to 30 Years
a. In Case Of OBC : 3 Years Relaxation
b. In Case Of SC/ST : 5 Years Relaxation

Eligible Criteria For IBPS Clerk :

1. Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification
recognized as such by the Central Government.
2. Indian Citizen

Age Limit : 20 To 28 Years

Age Relaxation :

8th November 2012, 05:01 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Unfortunately you are not eligible for IBPS Bank Clerk Exam. Earlier 12th pass candidates were allowed to appear for the exam but from this year onwards, the minimum qualification requirement is graduation degree.

Therefore if you want to appear for IBPS Clerk Exam then please complete graduation before applying. Once you have completed graduation, you will be eligible to appear for the exam. The recent changes were made upon the request of Public Sector Banks that participate in the exam.

The rule is same for all category. No matter whether you are from SC/ST/OBC etc you need to have a graduation degree from now onwards to be able to appear for the IBPS Clerk Exam. However there is age relaxation for the reserve category. Please check the criteria mentioned below for more details.

Eligibility

1. Only Indian citizens can apply.

2. A graduation degree in any stream.

3. A diploma/degree in Computers. Alternatively candidate must have studied Computer/IT as a subject in High School or college.

4. Must be proficient in the official language of the state in which you want Clerk job.

5. The age limit for IBPS Clerk is 20 to 28 years.

6. The age limit is relaxed by 3 years for OBC.

7. Five years relaxation is given to SC/ST.

8. Person with Disability is eligible for 10 years relaxation.

List of PSU Banks

Allahabad Bank

Andhra Bank

Bank of Baroda

Bank of Maharashtra

Bank of India

Central Bank of India

Canara Bank

Dena Bank

Corporation Bank

Indian Overseas Bank

Indian Bank

Punjab National Bank

Oriental Bank of Commerce

Syndicate Bank

Punjab & Sind Bank

United Bank of India

Union Bank of India

Vijaya Bank

UCO Bank
8th November 2012, 05:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed my 12th standard with 47%.10th standard with 65%.am i eligible to apply for bank clerks?

You are not applicable for any Bank clerk exam .

If you have completed 10+2 with any stream from recognized board with above 60% marks then you are applicable for SBI CLERK Exam.

OR

Those candidate have completed Graduation from recognized university are applicable for SBI CLERK Exam.

Your 12th standard marks is 47% So with the help of 12th standard marks , you are not applicable for SBI Clerk Exam .

If you have completed graduation degree OR if you have completed diploma degree then you are applicable for IBPS CLERK Exam.

Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years old.Age relaxation is provide for reserved category

So you have no degree as per IBPS clerk requirement.

9th November 2012, 09:52 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Only SBI Clerk Exam can be given with the help of class 12 board exam result. But i am very sorry to say that the percentage of marks you have secured at 10+2 level is not enough to sit for SBI Clerk Exam as they asks for minimum 60% of marks in aggregate at 10+2 level.

Even the reserved category candidates needs to secure minimum 55% in aggregate. So your marks is far less than that too.

You can still give the clerk exam if you complete graduation in any discipline and then apply for the exam. Graduates just needs to secure the pass marks and you have the liberty to get a degree in any discipline of your choice. No restrictions there as well.

On completing graduation you will also become eligible for the IBPS CWE Clerical Cadre exam. Since that is the minimum qualification required to give any exam conducted by the IBPS.

SBI Clerk Exam Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You need to be a citizen of India
  • You need to get 60 percent of marks at 10+2 level. (55% of marks if you are SC/ST/PWD candidates)
  • If you have done a diploma in any subject after class 10 and have got 60% of marks minimum then also you can give this exam. The duration of this course though needs to be two years minimum.
  • After completing graduation if you choose to apply then you need to get the pass marks (40% of marks).
  • Age should be between 18 and 28 years. The upper age limit mentioned is for the general category candidates.
  • For reserved category candidates there is age relaxation. For SC/ST candidates it is 5 years, 3 years for OBC candidates and 10 years for PH candidates.
9th November 2012, 10:33 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but you cannot apply for the Bank Clerk Exam as per your educational qualifications.

This is because of the Following :

a) The Minimum educational qualification you should have is 12th from any recognized board.

b) The minimum % of marks that you should have in 12th is 50% .

Also , You have to fulfill the other criteria too :

* Your age should lie in between 18-28 years.

* There is relaxation in age granted to Reserved Category Candidates.

* Nationality : Indian

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
10th November 2012, 12:06 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear There,

Excluding SBI other banks conduct exams under one board which is IBPS.

IBPS sets eligibility criteria for banking exams, according to the eligibilty criteria you are not eligible for bank clerk exams.

The eligibility criteria is under mentioned:

* Minimum educational qualification is 12th with 50% marks.

* Citizenship - Indian

* Age should be in between 18-28 years.

* Age relaxations granted for reserved categories.

Thanks.
2nd June 2013, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th exam with 57percent marks. Am i eligible to apply for other bank clerk exam excluding SBI bank clerk exam? Plz tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?