2nd April 2016, 11:46 AM
Boniface khongkai

Am I eligible to apply for Bank PO exam in any state in India and in any time? What is the minimum criteria followed?

Am I eligible to apply for Bank PO exam in any state in India and in any time? What is the minimum criteria followed? Can you please provide me the details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon as possible. Awaiting for the response.

2nd April 2016, 04:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Bank PO exam in any state in India and in any time? What is the minimum criteria followed?

PO stands for Probationary Officer. Broadly speaking, there are two main entrance exams conducted for this posts in different banks.

>>IBPS CWE for PO: IBPS stands for Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection and conducts Common Written exam every year for post of clerk and Probationary officer.

>>SBI conducts its own entrance exam for post of Clerk and PO.

The academic eligibility criteria for post of PO is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for exam.

The age limit for SBI PO is 21-30 years and that for IBPS PO is 20-30 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category. You can apply for exam in any state if you meet above eligibility criteria.
2nd April 2016, 05:08 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Bank PO exam in any state in India and in any time? What is the minimum criteria followed?

You are not mentioned here about your qualification.If you fulfill the eligibility criteria as given below then you can apply for PO exam.

Eligibility Criteria:-

You must have passed graduation degree from recognized university with minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ST).

Age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

Exam Pattern:- Online Exam (Objective Type)
2nd April 2016, 06:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boniface khongkai View Post
Am I eligible to apply for Bank PO exam in any state in India and in any time? What is the minimum criteria followed? Can you please provide me the details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon as possible. Awaiting for the response.
Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

Best books for Bank PO exam:-

1.A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal

2.How to Crack Test of Reasoning In All Competitive Exam Jaikishan, Premkishan

3.Quantitative Aptitude Test For Bank P.os by Gulati

4.General Banking And Economic Awareness by Kiran Prakashan

5.Bank PO Sampurn Success Package by S C Gupta

6.Quantitative Aptitude by R S Aggarwal

7.Objective General English by Puri

8.Guide To Banking General Awareness & Banking Aptitude Test

9.bank po examination by disha experts,published by-disha publication
2nd April 2016, 08:56 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Bank PO Exams
- SBI PO Exam
- IBPS PO Exam
- Other Private Bank PO Exam

Bank PO Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 21 to 30 years.

Bank PO Exam Syllabus
- English
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning
- Computer Knowledge
- General Awareness

Best Books For Preparation
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Aggarwal
- Reasoning by M.K.Pandey
- Objective English by Hari Mohan Prasad
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal
2nd April 2016, 08:58 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for Bank P.O. exam are as under:-

-The candidate should have a graduation degree with minimum 60%(55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 20 years to 30 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD candidates.
2nd April 2016, 11:35 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed graduation degree from any recognised university are eligible to appear for bank examination in all over India.

But, it is necessary to qualify in examination for final recruitment in jobs. The age limit to appear for examination vary for different examination.

So, you can visit at the official website to get more information in details www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?