1st January 2018, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for GATE examination after completion of diploma in mechanical?

Can I write GATE examination after studying Diploma in Mechanical? Can you please provide me with the right details for me to proceed further? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me soon as I need the details soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D just after completion of B.E course?
  3. Can i write GATE examination after studying Diploma in Mechanical?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of diploma course?
  5. Am I eligible to do B.E Mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in electronics?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for KAS exam after completion of diploma in electrical engineering?
  7. Am I eligible to attend GATE 2015? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  9. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for Masters of Social Work course after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for defense if I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering and 26 years old? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to apply for job in defence after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. Job opportunities in Government sector for Mechanical and Automation Engineering student? Eligibility requirements to appear in GATE?
  14. Which branch I can choose to do degree after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  15. Am I eligible to get direct second year admission after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. Procedure to take admission in BA part 1 after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for government RTO exam after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  18. For what type of job I can apply after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
3rd January 2018, 10:12 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for GATE examination after completion of diploma in mechanical?

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and entrance test is conducted for admission in M.Tech course and for recruitment in PSU's.

The minimum required qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in technology or master degree in science etc.

So, diploma qualification is not sufficient to appear in examination.
3rd January 2018, 05:42 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for GATE examination after completion of diploma in mechanical?

The acronym GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Requirements for GATE exam:

Academic qualification: The least qualification required for exam is Bachelor's degree in technology or engineering or master's degree in science.

Diploma in mechanical engineering candidates are not eligible for GATE exam. After diploma, you should pursue B.Tech to become eligible for GATE exam.
4th January 2018, 04:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma in mechanical engineering candidates can not apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering examination. The minimum qualification required to apply for GATE examination is bachelor's degree in technology.

After completion of diploma, you can apply for LEET exam for admission in Bachelor of Technology directly in second year of B.Tech. Minimum of 60% marks in diploma is required to apply for LEET. You will be eligible to apply for GATE in final year of B.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?