25th October 2017, 11:35 PM
Payal ilavya

Am I eligible to apply for Merchant Navy on the basis of 10th standard Gujarat board?

I am Payal from Gujarat I am studying in 12th science with biology. I want to apply in merchant navy. But there is no vacancy for biology student can I apply in merchant navy on the basis of 10th with Gujarat board. And what should I do after?

27th October 2017, 06:04 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Merchant Navy on the basis of 10th standard Gujarat board?

No, on the basis of 10th, you are not eligible. But yeah, once you complete the 12th standard, you will become eligible for the same.

Defence Forces take the candidates for the lower posts in the forces on the basis of 12th standard.

You have to be vigilant about the recruitment procedure on the websites of the forces where they give the notifications regarding different Open Rallys held by the army.

You have to take part in that and clear that in order to join the any of the forces.
27th October 2017, 09:53 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Merchant Navy on the basis of 10th standard Gujarat board?

No, you cannot join in merchant navy based on 10th qualification.

The eligibility required for joining into merchant navy is to complete 12th or its equivalent education from any recognised board. This is the basic eligibility for joining in merchant navy.

So, you cannot join in merchant navy based on 10th class education.
28th October 2017, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Navy on the basis of 10th standard Gujarat board?

I'm CHRISTINA K TOM from Kerala .I need to know that is l am eligible based on my CBSE 10th Board Examination mark?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?