8th November 2017, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Navy Officer job after completion of GP course with Arts background?

Am I eligible to apply for Navy Officer job after completion of GP course with Arts background? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which are followed to apply? It will be really helpful for me if you can answer me back soon. Thanks!

9th November 2017, 10:06 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Navy Officer job after completion of GP course with Arts background?

No, you are not eligible to apply for Navy Officer job after completion of GP course with Arts background. To be eligible to join Navy, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects or Bachelor's degree course in Engineering from a Government recognised board/ university. So, being an Arts background student, you are not eligible to apply for Navy Officer job.
9th November 2017, 10:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Navy Officer job after completion of GP course with Arts background?

To join Navy, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. The eligibility criteria required to apply for NDA examination for joining in Navy is mentioned below :-

--> You should be an Indian citizen.

--> You should have passed 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

--> You should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years of age.

--> You should be an unmarried male candidate.

--> You should be physically fit as per the physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have done GP course with Arts background, so, you are not eligible to apply for Navy officer job.
10th November 2017, 05:14 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are no eligible for recruitment in Indian Navy as an officer after Arts stream.

To become an officer in Indian Navy candidates have to appear and qualify in CDS entrance examination.

CDS examination is conducted twice in a year by UPSC. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in technology or engineering.

The age limit is 19-23 years. The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both stages ( written and SSB) for final recruitment.

So, if you want to join Indian Army you can appear in examination.

For detail information about examination visit at at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?