2nd October 2017, 08:57 PM
Romoni Das

Am I eligible to apply for TET exam after completion of masters degree with 44 percent marks?

Hello Sir/Mam, I have completed my graduation with 35% but again I completed my master degree with 44% so can I apply 4 TET exam? Can you please help me with the details? Awaiting for the answer soon on this. Thank you!

3rd October 2017, 05:58 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for TET exam after completion of masters degree with 44 percent marks?

TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test and it is conducted for recruitment of teacher in government schools.

The required eligibility to appear in entrance examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

Candidate must have bachelor degree in education or diploma in education.

So, if you have above qualification you are eligible to appear in examination. There is no minimum bachelor degree aggregate required to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted by CBSE for recruitment in Central government school while STET is conducted for recruitment in state government schools.
3rd October 2017, 09:12 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for TET exam after completion of masters degree with 44 percent marks?

For TET Primary stage (Class 1 to 5)
** Candidate must have passed 10+2 level exam with minimum 50% and a two year diploma course in elementary education.

For TET Elementary Stage (Class 6 to 8)
** Candidate must have passed the graduation from recognized university with minimum 50% overall and must have a B.ed degree or appearing mode.
3rd October 2017, 09:29 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

TET refers to Teacher Eligibility Test and same examination is held for recruitment of teachers in government or government aided schools.

Further for appearing in TET you need to have either B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education ) or D.Ed ( Diploma in Education ) degree along with your regular academic degree.

Further for pursue B.Ed degree course you need to have completed your graduation with 50% marks from a recognized university. So having pursued your graduation with 35% marks you are not eligible for appearing in TET for your recruitment as teacher in Classes standard 5.

Also for your recruitment as teacher under Class V you need to hold D.Ed degree with 50% marks and for pursuing D.Ed degree course the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree with 50% marks from a recognized board.
4th October 2017, 01:46 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for TET exam only if you have studied B.Ed education.

TET (Teachers Eligibility Test) is an entrance exam which is conducted by central and different states for recruiting teachers. The eligibility requirements for the TET exam is mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have completed their graduation/ masters/ equivalent level education in any stream from any recognised university.
- The candidate should have also studied B.Ed degree. The minimum percentage required in B.Ed is 55%.
- There is no upper age limit.

So, you need to study B.Ed degree with minimum 55% and then apply for TET exam to become a teacher.
4th October 2017, 03:07 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to apply for TET exam:-

You must be B.Ed with minimum 60% marks.

As an appearing candidate you can also apply.

Your degree must be of with in 7 years.

In the exam you will have to secure minimum 60% marks to get TET pass.

If you get less than 60% then you can not get the pass.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?