29th December 2015, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for CTET entrance exam after completion of masters degree?

Am I eligible to appear for CTET entrance exam after completion of masters degree? Can you please let me know what is the eligibility criteria followed for the same? What would be the minimum marks required for it? Awaiting for the answer.

29th December 2015, 05:46 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for CTET entrance exam after completion of masters degree?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CTET entrance exam after completion of Masters degree.

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test .

CTET is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for making appointment of eligible candidate as teacher Central Schools.

Eligibility criteria to apply for CTET are as under :-

-The academic qualification required to apply for class I-V is Senior Secondary exam with at least 50%(45% for reserved category) marks.The candidate who are in the final year of their diploma can also apply for the examination .

-The academic qualification required to apply for class VI-VIII is Graduation degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks.There is relaxation of 5% marks for backward categories candidates

-The minimum age limit to apply for the CTET is 22 years.There is no upper age limit to apply for the exam.
29th December 2015, 10:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for CTET entrance exam after completion of masters degree?

To be eligible to appear in CTET entrance examination, you must have to satisfy the below mentioned eligibility criteria :-

For Classes I-V :-
You must have completed Senior Secondary or equivalent with at least 50% aggregate marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education.

For Classes VI-VIII :-
You must have obtained Graduation degree with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).

So, if you have completed B.Ed course, you are eligible to appear in CTET examination else, you are not eligible to appear in CTET examination.
29th December 2015, 11:02 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to appear for CTET entrance exam after completion of masters degree? Can you please let me know what is the eligibility criteria followed for the same? What would be the minimum marks required for it? Awaiting for the answer.
Sorry, you are not eligible with only master’s degree for CTET. You should have studied a Diploma in Elementary Education (2 year course) or a B.Ed course for the eligibility along with your master’s degree. There are more conditions are there for the CTET entrance examination. The website link is given you can check the same http://ctet.nic.in/CMS/Public/View.aspx?page=39.
29th December 2015, 11:39 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

It is compulsory to have B.ed degree to appear for CTET examination after graduation degree.

CTET examination is conducted for recruitment of teachers in government schools in primary and senior secondary schools.

To appear for primary school it is necessary to have senior secondary and two year diploma in elementary education. For secondary school it is necessary to have B.ed degree other than graduation.

For more information about examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
30th December 2015, 12:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can apply for CTET exam.

Minimum educational qualifications for becoming teacher for Classes I-V (Primary Stage) of CTET exam is Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed.

Minimum educational qualifications for becoming teacher for Elementary stage(For becoming teachers from class VI to VIII) is Graduation degree or appearing in final year of graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 18 to 40 years.
11th February 2019, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

I have double M.A., but have no B.Ed. Can I appear for CTET for teaching I-V?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?