3rd October 2011, 12:45 AM
kaladhar.1985

Am I eligible to become IPS being a candidate having completed MBA with Marketing?

Hi,

Hello sir/madam am completed my Mba with marketing stream but am so interest to do IPS for that am eligible are not inform me and now my age is 25 so plz clarify my doubt and send me some tips how to apply and all.

Related Questions:
  1. Which specialization is a better choice for me in MBA course among Marketing, HR and Operations being a candidate having completed BE in EEE stream?
  2. Available Job Opportunities for me in Oman being a candidate having completed MBA in Marketing and worked as Teacher for 6 months?
  3. Am I eligible for IFBI Banking course if completed MBA HR & Marketing and working as a Business Development Executive being a 29 years old candidate?
  4. How should I join IPS after completing MBA?
  5. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Marketing having completed B-Pharmacy and Executive MBA?
  6. Which subjects are best after completing MBA in Marketing Specialization
  7. Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D in Agricultural Economics if completed MBA in Agribusiness Management and M.Sc in Agricultural Marketing & Co-operation?
  8. What are the opportunities in company secretary? I have completed MBA Marketing
  9. Am I eligible for B.Ed course after completing MBA Part time with finance and marketing
  10. Indian Army after MBA(marketing)? Age-limit for the same? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET(Management) if completed MBA(Marketing)?
  12. Am I eligible for IAS/Civils after completing MBA marketing in December with BSc Background?
  13. Can I be eligible for RTO exam after completing MBA marketing/HR?
  14. Can I do Ph.D after BE and MBA? Am I eligible for Ph.D?
  15. Is it possible to do MBA Marketing after doing B.com? Can i pursue it in abroad? -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible for UGC NET Exam having completed B.Tech in ECE and MBA?
  17. Can I apply for IPS entrance exma after studying diploma in mechanical engineering?
  18. Am I eligible to join ICWA course after completion of BA and MBA in Finance and Marketing?
3rd October 2011, 12:51 PM
saurabh abhijeet

Default Re: Am I eligible to become IPS being a candidate having completed MBA with Marketing?

hello friend,

yes you are eligible for IPS exam.........

IPS- Indian Police Service
for which the eligibility criteria is;

>>you should be graduate from any recognized university
>>your age should be between 21-30 years

upper age relaxation is 3 year for OBC and 5 year for SC/ST...

>>your height should not be less than 165 cm

as you are MBA means you are graduate so you are eligible for the exam...

for details you can see the attachment given.........
Attached Files
File Type: docx ips.docx(14.3 KB, 63 views)
3rd October 2011, 01:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become IPS being a candidate having completed MBA with Marketing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaladhar.1985 View Post
Hi,

Hello sir/madam am completed my Mba with marketing stream but am so interest to do IPS for that am eligible are not inform me and now my age is 25 so plz clarify my doubt and send me some tips how to apply and all.

Dear friend,

Yes,You are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

PROCESS BECOME A IPS OFFICER:-

1. Fill up the Application form.

2.Preliminary exam is consist of two papers.

a) General studies -----150 marks

b)From Optional subject -------300 marks

3.If you have qualify in Preliminary exam then you have to go for IPS mains exam.

4.After completion of your main exam you have to go for Interview.

Thanks
3rd October 2011, 05:37 PM
K.Bala Kishore

hi,
Any respective graduate holder can apply for IPS.
For getting selected to the IPS, there are two types of eligibility. One is that you should be eligible for appearing for the IPS exam and the other is that after clearing the mains and while appearing for the physical tests during the interview stage you should meet all the physical and other requirements as mandated.

all the best
3rd October 2011, 08:01 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi,

Yes, You are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination to become IPS Officer.

Because to become IPS officer, you need to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university, Final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination and You have completed your Post graduation and Graduation degree course and you are Now 25 years of age, so you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination because you are fulfill the eligibility criteria.

Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online By visit the UPSC website.

The examination was held in 2 stages - Preliminary examination and Main examination, Preliminary examination was also called CSAT Examination.

CSAT Stands for Civil services aptitude test and this examination was Objective and there are 2 Papers in this examination and both are of Objective Type and the duration of both examination was same, Those who cracked this examination are eligible for Main examination.

To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university and your age should between 21 to 3 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

>> The Notification of this examination was Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC website in the Month of February, The Notification of Next year examination was already updated in the official website of UPSC, The Notification was going to be declared on 04/Feb/2012 and the last date of apply for this examination was 05/March/2012 and the examination was Going to be held on 20/May/2012.

So, Please wait for the Notification and then apply for This examination Online by visit the official website of UPSC And if you want to get more Information then please check the UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in
3rd October 2011, 08:11 PM
amuyoga

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to become IPS being a candidate having completed MBA with Marketing?

you are eligible to attend IPS exam...

eligibility criteria to appear for UPSC EXAMS
=>candidate should complete atleast one degree from organisation approved by indian universities...

=>candidate should be from indian nationality...

=>candidate should complete age of 21...

all the best
3rd October 2011, 08:24 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to become IPS being a candidate having completed MBA with Marketing?

Quote:
Hi,

yeah for sure..!!

you are eligible for the IPS entrance examination after completing your MBA with Marketing stream.
You got this doubt because you have lack of knowledge on the required eligibility criteria for Civil service examination.
which is conducted by UPSC: Union Public Service commission.

Here I'm providing you the details about eligibility criteria clearly.

->if a candidate like you want to appear for civil service exam(informally IPS or IAS exam)
you have to fulfill this criteria.
->you should have 21 years of age.
->also you should be completed your degree course in any stream from a recognized Indian University while applying for Civil Service entrance exam.

so by this one thing is clear you are eligible for the Civil Service Examination.

I think you know this examination is a common entrance examination for all the Indian Civil services like your desired IPS service, and also many other services like IAS/IFS etc.,

and according to your age also you are surely eligible i.e., because the max age limit is 30 years for general candidates as you are just 25 years old

you can apply for this examination now.
after the release of notification regarding this you can apply for the exam.

for the further clarification just log on to this official website.

link is here www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
3rd October 2011, 08:32 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Definitely you can appear for IPS exam with MBA degree and you should also have age between the 21 to 30 years.

IPS exam is part of Civil Service exam,this exam is conducted by upsc every year once.

Important dates for Civil service exam:
Opening date of application form is 4th Feb 2012
Closing date of application form is 5th March 2012
Exam will held on 20th May 2012.

For more details,then click here
3rd October 2011, 09:53 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
There is no special exam for admission into IPS. For getting into the Indian police services you need to write the UPSC exam.
The age criteria for the eligibility is maximum of 30 for the general category with 3 years relaxation for obc candidates and 5 year relaxation for sc /st candidates.
If you age is within the limit you can apply for the exam .In addition to this you must satisfy physical requirement too

Height
Male 165 cm
& ST 160 cm
Female 150 cm (general)
ST - 145 cm

Chest
Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
3rd October 2011, 10:49 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to become IPS being a candidate having completed MBA with Marketing?

Quote:
Hi,

Complete Information about Civil Services Exams

Eligibility for Civil Service Exam :-

According to the UPSC guidelines..the candidates appearing for the UPSC Civil Service Exams should satisfy the following conditions :-

1) The candidate must be a graduate in any stream from a recognized college..

2) The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts permissible for general candidates are 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

Exam Pattern :-

There are 2 rounds in order to clear the Civil Services Exam

1) Prelims :- This round consists of 2 objective papers which shall test your aptitude,general knowledge and current affairs

2) Mains :- If you clear the prelims then you shall qualify for the Mains where your knowledge of your graduation subjects shall be tested..

If you clear both the rounds then you shall be eligible for the interview and the final selection..

P.S. :- You qualify for the IPS only by clearing the Civil Services Exam

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
4th October 2011, 10:43 PM
jevirsinh

Hello Friend..

To become IPS officer,
you will need to apper in the civil service examination.
Civil Service examination is conducted every year by UPSC(union public service commission).

Eligibility
1-The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for this exam is a bachelor degree in any stream.
2-The minimum eligible age for general candidate is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years.
Relaxation of age for candidate belonging to OBC category is 3 years and for candidate belonging to SC/ST category is 5 years.

**Candidate needs to face three phases of the examination**.

1. Preliminary examination-conducted during the second half of may.
In the preliminary exam, you will have to write two papers.
General studies
Optional Paper

Following is the list of optional subject
Psychology,
Agriculture ,
Botany,
Commerce,
Economics,
Geography,
IndianHistory ,
Law,
Civil Engineering ,
Mathematics ,
Mechanical Engineering,
Medical Science,
Philosophy ,
Physics ,
Electrical Engineering ,
Political Science ,
Geology ,
Public Administration,
Sociology,
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science ,
Chemistry ,
Statistics .

After qualifying preliminary examination, you will need to appear for

2. Main examination- conducted during the month of oct/nov

In the main exam, you will have to appear for the following subjects

Modern Indian Language,
General English,
Essay,
General Studies and
optional subjects.

3. After successful performance in the main exam, you will be called for an interview.

All The Best..
9th August 2013, 03:57 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Hi,

Yes Off Course definitely you're applicable for IPS Entrance Examination after Completing you're MBA Course.

IPS Stands for ( Indian Police Service ) and this Entrance Examination is Organized by Union Public Service Commission for every Once in a year ..

Eligibility Criteria required for IPS Entrance Examination :-

Educational Qualifications:- The Applicant should be Obtained Graduation course in any faculty from recognized are make the applicant eligible for this Entrance Examination ..

Appearing Final year candidate may also applicable for this Entrance Examination ..

Only Pass mark is enough to apply for this Entrance Examination ..

Age Limits:- The Applicant should be reach the age of 21 years and should not reach the age of 30 years at the time appearing in IPS Entrance Examination and Upper age relaxation will be given for reserved category candidates .. SC/ST candidates for 5 years and OBC candidates for 3 years ..

The Entrance Examination is divided into three levels , Preliminary , Main and Interview ..

The Preliminary Examination will be held during the month of May and it Includes two papers namely , General Studies and Civil Service Aptitude Test Those who are qualified in Preliminary Examination then you're applicable for Main Examination ..

For More Information Pease visit the Official Website of UPSC ::http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?