10th March 2012, 02:04 AM
hopeful candidate

Am I eligible for civil service examination? I want to become a customs officer

i have not cleared my h.s.c and i am currently pursuing my third final year in commerce through yashwantrao chavan maharashtra open university.
this university allows one to go ahead with graduation even if u dont clear h.s.c.
1) Am i still eligible for the civil services examination as i want to become a customs officer?
2) Is this university recognised in this department?

1st July 2012, 11:40 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for civil service examination? I want to become a customs officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful candidate View Post
i have not cleared my h.s.c and i am currently pursuing my third final year in commerce through yashwantrao chavan maharashtra open university.
this university allows one to go ahead with graduation even if u dont clear h.s.c.
1) Am i still eligible for the civil services examination as i want to become a customs officer?
2) Is this university recognised in this department?
If you have not completed your high school then how you will get admission in graduation. I think your university is not recognised by UGC or any other Organisation. But if you are Interested to apply for Civil services examination, then you have to complete your graduate degree course from a recognised university.

You have not completed your Intermediate examination, then how you can get admission in graduate course, i think it is completely wrong.

If you have appeared for this examination, and cracked also, but when they asked you for submitting your Mark sheet then they will immediately reject you.

So, you have to complete your Intermediate examination first along with graduation from a recognised university to apply for Civil services examination.

To apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years.

But according to me you can not apply for this examination because you have not completed your Intermediate examination. You have to submit all the proofs at the time of Interview and if you fails to submit your documents then you will be rejected.

So, you are not eligible for UPSC Civil services examination, for more details please contact UPSC Officials.
2nd July 2012, 01:10 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for civil service examination? I want to become a customs officer

Custom officer eligibility criteria:-

>To become a custom officer you have to give an exam conducted by the UPSC.

>To give this exam you should be a bachelor degree holder with minimum 55% marks at graduation level.

>You should be between 19-25 years of age

>You should have the vehicle license and ability to work flexible schedules and you have the reliable transportation.

For the written test exam its very important to know the current affairs. That is why read as many journals, magazines and newspapers possible.
Always keep yourself updated.

For more information please log onto this website:- www.upsc.gov.in
13th December 2012, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

i was completed my B.Sc with 55% from Ambedkar open university hyderabad ,it is recognized by UGC, 10 2 with 77% and high school with 59.3%. please tel me that can i eligible for customs officer in airport with my qualification..?
18th July 2016, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Can i write upsc exam if i m graduate from venkateshwar open university? please write me back soon
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?