19th June 2011, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do IAS after diploma? Selection procedure for IAS?

i have complited my diploma so can i do ias. What is the selection procedure for IAS?

21st June 2011, 01:40 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do IAS after diploma? Selection procedure for IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have complited my diploma so can i do ias. What is the selection procedure for IAS?
No, You are Not Eligible for IAS Examination, Because to become a IAS Officer, You need a graduate degree from a recognized University. So, If you are Interested to become a IAS Officer, Then Please Complete your Graduate degree course and then you are eligible to apply for IAS Examination.

So, After Diploma, You are Not eligible for IAS Examination.

The UPSC Conducts the IAS Examination and to become IAS Officer you need to appear for Civil Services examination, The examination was held 2 times in a year and the examination was held 2 times. Firstly You have to appear for Preliminary examination and then you are eligible for Main examination.

To apply for this examination, Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

The Preliminary examination Pattern was changed and From Civil Service Examination 2011, Preliminary Examination would consist of two papers- Paper I and Paper II. The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type. The duration of both the papers was same and Marks of both the papers was same. After clear Preliminary examination, You are eligible for Main examination. If you have clear the Main examination, then you are eligible for Final Interview and if you have passed the interview round, then you are become a IAS Officer.

But, After diploma, you are Not eligible to apply for Civil services examination, So please complete your Bachelor degree examination and then apply for Civil services examination. For complete information please visit the UPSC Official website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st June 2011, 05:52 AM
dineshpandiyan

Post Re: Is it possible to do IAS after diploma? Selection procedure for IAS?

qualification for IAS requires only U.G degree in any branches not diploma. so diploma candidates are not eligible for IAS exam.
21st June 2011, 08:08 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do IAS after diploma? Selection procedure for IAS?

hi dear
you are not eligible for IAS exam
because you are not graduate

for IAS:--
candidate graduates
age 21 to 30 years

procedure:--
you choose 2 subject
1) general knowledge
2)optional subject

first you give the priliminary exam
after you give the final written
after that you give the viva or interview......
21st June 2011, 12:39 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

hallo friend,
I am very sorry to say you that you are not eligible for the IAS exam.
the criteria for IAS is you must be a bachelor degree holder....
so,first complete your graduation in any branch then you will be eligible to appear in IAS..
your age must be in between 21-30 years..
as you are now doing diploma which is equivalent to 12th . so, you are not eligible for IAS exam..
good luck.
21st June 2011, 01:32 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

As a diploma holder, you are not allowed to attend for the IAS examination. Candidates who have finished graduation are permitted to appear for IAS Examination. UPSC conducts Civil Service Examination for recruiting candidates in Indian Administrative Service. The IAS is regarded to be one of the highest positions in the Civil Service Sector. Two written tests are included in this examination. One is preliminary exam and the other is final exam. A personal interview will be conducted by the board for those students who have successfully passed in the written exams.
21st June 2011, 02:29 PM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

After diploma it will not be possible to give IAS exam. Minimum qualification to appear for IAS is graduation/equivalent.

This exam is conducted by UPSC. on clearing exam you can proceed further for your interview as intimated to you.

All the best to you.

Regards,

Ramjash
21st June 2011, 06:23 PM
MonuRai

Dear,

Sorry to say , but you cannot apply for the IAS exam after the diploma course as it is not equivalent to graduation.

The qualifications for the IAS exam is as follows:-

--> The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate in any field.

--> Age limitation is between 21-30 years for the general , 21-35 years for the SC/ST , 21-33 years for the OBC.

--> No. of attempts:-

1.) 4 for the general.

2.) 7 for the OBC.

3.) Unlimited for the SC/ST.

More details:- www.upsc.gov.in.

Thanks.
10th July 2011, 05:15 PM
sonam wangdi

hi friend..
sorry to tell you that u cant apply for IAS after ur diploma because the basic requirements for it is a degree of any of the universities incorporated by an act of te central or state legislature in india...

these exams are held twice a year and for these there are preliminary exams that u have to pass in order to write the main one..

other then that there is a age limit for 21 to 30years only..

so i suggest u finish ur degree and then try for it..
hope these information is useful..
for more information log on to www.upsc.gov.in

thank you..
11th August 2011, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Can a person who studied Diploma and than Degree can he he apply for IAS examinations?
Is it necessary to pass a 2 Exam?
21st October 2011, 06:35 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

No!!, you can not appear in this civil service exam, after completion of your diploma.,
this civil service exam is conducted by UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION),
the minimum educational requirement for this exam is , a candidate must possess graduation degree from a recognized college, what ever may be the stream is ....

the age limit exist for this exam is 21-30 years for a general candidate,.there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxations are applicable for SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively.

this civil service examination has three stages of examination-
1. CSAT
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW

No . of attempts-
four for a general candidate,
seven for a OBC candidate
no such restriction for SC\ST candidates.

thanks!!
25th October 2011, 02:07 PM
win161991

There is minimum Eligibility for IAS exam is Graduation.So there is no chance for IAS after Diploma.
The IAS exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commision).
There are three stages of exam 1.CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
2.Main Exam
3.Interview
For More details visit
www.csat.in
www.upsc.gov.in
27th October 2011, 11:54 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear sir,
The UPSC Conducts the IAS Examination and to become IAS Officer you need to appear for Civil Services examination, The examination was held 2 times in a year and the examination was held 2 times. Firstly You have to appear for Preliminary examination and then you are eligible for Main examination.

To apply for this examination, Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

The Preliminary examination Pattern was changed and From Civil Service Examination 2011, Preliminary Examination would consist of two papers- Paper I and Paper II. The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type. The duration of both the papers was same and Marks of both the papers was same. After clear Preliminary examination, You are eligible for Main examination. If you have clear the Main examination, then you are eligible for Final Interview and if you have passed the interview round, then you are become a IAS Officer.

But, After diploma, you are Not eligible to apply for Civil services examination, So please complete your Bachelor degree examination and then apply for Civil services examination. For complete information please visit the UPSC Official website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks,
27th February 2012, 02:50 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend
you will first have to do b.tech because for giving ias exam, the student must have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks. the age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years which can increase to 35 years for sc/st students.
if you are having these qualifications, then only you can give the exam.
there will be three rounds in the exam. firstly, you will have to give the preliminary exam. this exam will be of objective questions.
after qualifying in that exam, you will have to give the main exam, which will be in written form.
after passing both the exams, you will be called for the personal interview.
after passing that interview, you will become an ias officer.
the notification regarding the exam comes in the employment news.
for more details regarding the exam, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
27th February 2012, 06:21 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.A.S exam after passing the diploma course..
If you want to become I.A.S officer then you have to pass graduation in any stream..

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year..

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 50 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?