26th June 2012, 04:04 PM
NITTU SONI

What is tougher between IAS and IPS exam?

WHICH IS TOUGH IAS or IPS exam AND WHO IS BETTER STREEM

3rd July 2012, 03:39 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is tougher between IAS and IPS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITTU SONI View Post
For IAS (Indian Administrative Service), IPS (Indian Police Service), a common written examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission known as Civil Services Examination. The same examination is conducted for Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and various other Civil Services of India.

Candidates who are among the top scorers in the Civil Service Exam are selected for Indian Administrative Service and the rest qualified candidates are selected for Indian Police Service and other desired civil services.

The Civil Service Examination is considered to be the toughest examination in India and comprise of three stages:
  • Preliminary Exam (Written Test)
  • Main Exam (Written Test)
  • Interview
So, no matter whether you want to be an IAS Officer or an IPS Officer, you will have to crack all the stages of Civil Services Examination and specifically for becoming an IAS Officer, you will have to be among the best performers of the examination.

The examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission and in order to know more ab, refer to the commission's official website.
8th July 2012, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

i have done bsc with 57% marks, can i apply for upsc exams
8th February 2013, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
sure u can
9th February 2013, 11:42 AM
Beawar

Dear..

How can we say that which exam is tougher and which one is easy to crack as both the exam that you are asking about are conducted by same organization named UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION and also the question paper for IAS and IPS remains the same so it is not like that one is easy and other one is tough.

In other words you can say that IPS is a little tougher as the physical and medical part of the candidate is also considerd in IPS where as no such round would be there in case of IAS.

SO stop worrying and prepare well for the exam.

Hope it will help you

Cheers...!!!
9th February 2013, 02:43 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

IAS and IPS are both the same and the exam is Civils Exam which is held by UPSC.

It is one of the toughest exams in India and the exam is carried out in 3 stages.

The preliminary examination

The mains examination

Interview

You need to pass each and every section in order to crack the exam and become an officer.

Thank you,

All the best.
28th July 2013, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to become a SHO if i can pass the exam of IPS then i would get the Job of SHO or not
13th November 2013, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

sir i am bba student i want to know that The preliminary examination are same in ips and ias
19th March 2015, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

i am doing bcom 2nd year.what are the procedures for writing the upse exam?what all be the syllabus?
19th March 2015, 10:03 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

friend;
IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) and IPS ( Indian police Service ) both the examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Comission even the other civil examination too.The examination is conducted in three stage to be an IAS or IPS you must have to go through all of them these are as under -

1.Preliminary exam
2.Mains exam
3.Interview.

The above two are taken as written.Only candidate who qualified the first are eligible for the next round.
If you qualify in all the stages then the merit list will be created among all the selected student among them the candidates securing top position are selected as an IAS and then IPS ; IFS and rest other .so you cant say about which one is tougher as the question for both of them are same.

THANKS. AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
19th March 2015, 06:17 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

The question that you have asked in this forum is a good one , but friend , one cannot judge between these two exams , as both the exam is conducted by UPSC itself. Hence , getting shortlisted in an of the exam is great .

Yes , to be honest IAS Exam is said to be the toughest of all , and then IPS exam follow, but both the exam follow same procedure in order for selecting candidates .

The selection Procedure involves three stages :

1. Preliminary

2. Main exam

3. Interview/Physical Fitness round .

In all the stages that i have mention , you need to pass and also if you are among top 10 aspirants then you might get lucky to get a job of IAS officer , otherwise being in top 50 or 100 Aspirants leads you to fetch for IPS position .

In order to apply for this exam you must have graduation qualification and also you have to be physical fit too.
19th March 2015, 07:12 PM
unique99

As far as IAS AND IPS exams are concerned is equel tougher and lucrative.Both exam is conducted by UPSC.Eligibility same,status same,salary same.These jobs are most prestigious in India.

Eligibility:-

1.Any Graduate from the recognized University can write common entrance exam.

2.Age: General minimum 21 years Maximum 30 years.OBC: 21-33 years.S/C S/T:21-35 years.

3.Must be the Indian citizen.

4.Both Candidates to clear CSAT first.

5.Attempts: General- Max.7 attempts, OBC-9 Attempts, S/C S/T: NO limit.

To see notifications,rules in detail visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank You,
19th March 2015, 08:35 PM
violent viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course

As you are graduate, you are eligible for civil service examination.The examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

You will have to clear the following stages to become IAS/IPS:-

Preliminary Exam (Written Test)
Main Exam (Written Test)
Interview

Kindly log on to www.upsc.gov.in

19th March 2015, 09:17 PM
sanspeur

Quote:
Every year upsc conduct civil service examination.
IAS is more tougher than IPS because top rank in exam get IAS preference in selection than
IPS .
It is also seen that most of the candidate go for IAS preference rather than IPS.
From competitive point of IAS is more tougher than IPS .
Upsc conduct exams in two phase as follows:
1 preliminary test
2 Mains
3 interview
A good preparation is required to clear this exam.
19th March 2015, 10:11 PM
pabolu srivalli

IAS is the Indian Administrative Services and IPS is the Indian Police Services.These both Comes under the civil services recruitment which are conducted by the UPSC examination which is the Union Public Service Commission.

IAS and IPS both are the civil services examinations and both are conducted by the UPSC services.both are equal tougher and both the examinations are equal in value .
As the civil services examinations are conducted All India Wise the examination will be tougher when compared to other examinations.as the competition for the examination will also be more,among all the competitive examinations civil services examinations are only the toughest one.

The Civil services examinations are conducted in three different levels of examinations such as the
  1. Preliminary Examination
  2. Mains Examination
  3. Interview
These are the three levels of recruitment for IAS and IPS and all these selection process takes place in 1 year long.
19th March 2015, 10:37 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

Hello friend,

I have the solution for your problem it is.

1.Both IAS and IPS have same common entrance test.

2.You must qualify the written test first.

3.Then you have to choose the field you like either IAS or IPS.

4.For IPS(Indian Police Service) you need better body whereas IAS(Indian Administrative Service) do not need any better body.

5.Both the posts are fulfilled with equal responsibilities.

6.But sometimes IAS officer will be more powerful than IPS.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Have a nice day.........................
19th March 2015, 10:50 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

If you find toughness and easiness between IAS and IPS examination then you will reach at one conclusion which is that IPS exam is tougher than IAS examination and you can compare both of these exams by reading their selection procedure :

Selection procedure of IAS - Indian Administrative Service Examination :

01. Preliminary Examination : All applicants are eligible to appear for prelims test and this is of qualifying nature only.

02. Mains Examination : All those candidates who successfully passes prelims test are called to appear for mains examination and marks secured in mains exam are responsible for final selection.

03. Interview Process : If a candidate qualifies mains examination then he/she is called for interview by UPSC board and interview is final stage which requires talent and skills in a person to become IAS officer and it is considered that interview of IAS is the toughest interview of all exams in India.

Selection Procedure of IPS - Indian Police Service Examination :

01. Preliminary Examination : Every single candidate applying for this exam is eligible.

02. Mains Examination : IPS service is also under IAS and those candidates who qualifies mains exam of IAS are called for further processes.

03. Physical Efficiency Test : This is the important and tough stage in selection procedure and not easy to qualify because everything about the physical efficiency is checked by the commission such as height, weight, running capacity, weightlifting capacity, other tests.

04. Medical Test : After qualifying physical test, candidate are called for medical test and this is also an important test because if a candidate fails at any stage mentioned above or upcoming will not be considered eligible for recruitment so qualifying at every stage is necessary.

05. Interview Process : Suppose a candidate qualifies all the stages then called for interview then this would be the last stage of his/her selection and as I have already mentioned that Interviews are too tough to qualify so this declares everything whether the commission should keep candidate or not.

So now you can judge which exam is tough and which is easier to crack and for more details, you should visit at the official website of UPSC which is - www.upsc.gov.in
19th March 2015, 11:11 PM
sairam0123

hello sir.

full form of IAS is :-Indian Administrative Services.
Full form of IPS is :-Indian Police Services.

The both exams are conducted by UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION.(UPSC)

In IPS the medical round and physical round is there but not in case of IAS
so, IPS is somewhat hard in comparison to the IAS.
all the best.

thank you.
20th March 2015, 12:11 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

If you want to compare between IAS or IPS then according to me, to become an IAS is more tougher as compare to become an IPS because although the exam(Civil Services conducted by UPSC) which you have to crack is same for both the post but top scorer prefer for IAS. So become an IAS is more tougher than IPS.
20th March 2015, 01:16 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Here, I am going to clarify the myths/misconceptions regarding IAS and IPS examination by following few points:-

# IAS means Indian Administrative Service and IPS means Indian Police Service.

# Both the examinations are equally rated. Both IAS and IPS officer are of same rank, prestige, same salary package etc.

# Both IAS and IPS Examinations are conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

# There is same selection process for both IAS and IPS Examination which is as follows:
* Preliminary Exam
* Mains Exam
* Personal Interview
* Physical/Medical Test

# Today, every examination whether academics or any competitive exam, candidate have to make out concrete strategy, proper planning, sincerity, hard work in order to crack the examination. So, both IAS and IPS examinations also required thorough, steady and sincere study.

# Official website of UPSC is http://upsv.gov.in where candidate can seek more information regarding these examinations.
24th March 2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
The criterion for saying which one is tougher between IPS and IAS cannot be established as both are selected based on the same exam.

Actually, these services are given to candidates who have to take the Civil services exam by UPSC and pass the preliminary, mains and interview rounds.

Then an All India ranking is prepared and you choose the services according to your rank as per the preference. The work profiles and job profile make the difference between roles & responsibility as:

The IPS are getting more professionalized and inclined to field work and the training pattern has also undergone a change with more stress on physical fitness and modern tackling of issues.

The IAS has to deal with the administration part and involves more of resources allotment and development monitoring or implementation of policies in the area.
12th July 2016, 04:00 AM
Unregistered

I just wanted to know about the eligibility criteria.. and am a student of mass communication can i apply for that?
30th May 2020, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Hello I'm pursuing my Civil engineering , failed twice, now I'm interested to become IPS officer or SP . So after completing B.E , I'm I eligible to write UPSC/KPSC exam if I have less than 50% in B.E.
And how to prepare for exam from now , still 2years to finish my B.E ,I can invest only 1hr daily for now , because I'm chess coach also player and also I'm doing Share market Business ,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?