9th February 2018, 03:17 AM
Utk@rsh

Am I eligible with following marks to write NEET exam 2018?

I got 59 in Physics, 54 in Chemistry and 43 in Biology. So, overall I got higher than 50% in PCB but, I got fail in Biology. So can I appear National Entrance Eligibility Test 2018? If yes, let me know by latest when should I apply for the entrance exam?

19th February 2018, 07:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible with following marks to write NEET exam 2018?

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is the national level entrance examination held for offering admission in undergraduate medical degree course in any medical college across India.

Further, for appearing in NEET, the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

Now as you have mentioned that you have failed in your Biology paper of your higher secondary school degree which means you will have to first clear your Biology paper by reappearing in the examination of same paperso that you get higher secondary school degree passing certificate to be eligible for admission in any degree course or for appearing in entrance examination such as NEET held for offering admission in degree courses.

For more details regarding NEET eligibility you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
20th February 2018, 10:56 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

NEET examination is conducted by CBSE every year for MBBS and BDS course.

Eligibility criteria:

1. You must have passed in all subjects of 12th. The important subjects must include Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

2. Minimum of 50% marks in board is required to apply for NEET exam.

You can not apply for NEET exam after getting failed in Biology subject.
20th February 2018, 01:13 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

If, you have failed in Biology paper then, you are not eligible to appear for NEET examination.

NEET examination is conducted by CBSE and candidates after qualifying in examination will be eligible to get admission in MBBS and BDS course.

So, you have to pursue and qualify in Biology paper to appear for examination. For detail information about NEET examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
20th February 2018, 08:38 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

If you have failed in Biology subject of your 12th standard then, you are not eligible to write NEET 2018 examination. To be eligible to apply for NEET 2018 examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with at least 50% aggregate marks with English as a subject in the qualifying examination from a Government recognised board. So, you have to appear and qualify the Biology subject of your 12th standard to be eligible to apply for NEET 2018 examination.
21st February 2018, 07:47 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and to be eligible for appearing in NEET , you need to have qualified your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

Since, you have mentioned that you have failed in your biology paper so you are not eligible for appearing in NEET as you have failed to qualify your Class 12th.

For more FAQs related to NEET eligibility you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
23rd February 2018, 08:08 PM
MNB1234

The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NEET Exams is senior secondary board passed or appearing for 10+2 board examination with biology stream in 10+2. Minimum of 50% marks in 12th is required to apply for MBBS course.

The age limit for MBBS course is 17-25 years.

Since you have failed in Biology subject, you are not eligible.
15th March 2018, 06:09 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

NEET stands for National eligibility cum entrance test and it conducted for taking admission in medical courses

Eligibility criteria
Candidates should have passed 12th with PCB ( physics, chemistry, biology ) from any recognized board.

Age should be between in 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?