11th June 2017, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for NEET, studied HS in 2011 with PCB stream?

I will be completing my MA in English in June. I want appear NEET 2018. I has passed HS in 2011 with PCB of 63% marks. Am I eligible to appear NEET next year? My present age 23.

11th June 2017, 08:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for NEET, studied HS in 2011 with PCB stream?

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a national level medical entrance examination which is held for offering admission in MBBS and BDS degree course in any medical college across India apart from AIIMS.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in NEET are as here under :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India with your age not lying under 17 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Also there is no maximum age limit for appearing in the same examination.

ii) You must have completed your Class 12th with PCB group with at least 50% marks in the same from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So having completed your higher secondary school degree with PCB group with 63% marks you are certainly eligible for appearing in NEET 2018.

For more details about NEET you can refer to its official link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
11th June 2017, 09:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NEET examination even if you have studied your higher secondary in 2011 with PCB stream from a recognised board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCB stream with minimum aggregate of 50% marks and those who have passed English as a subject in the qualifying examination are eligible to appear in NEET examination. Since, you have passed your 12th standard with PCB stream with 63% aggregate marks and being a 23 years old candidate, you are eligible to appear in NEET examination.
11th June 2017, 10:56 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility Entrance Test and the examination is conducted for the candidates who are interested to pursue MBBS/BDS. The minimum age to apply for NEET is 17 years with 50% marks in PCB subjects and can apply till the age pf 25 years. Age relaxation is there for reserved category candidates. Now your age is 23 years and hence, you are eligible to apply for NEET on the basis of 12th merit.
11th June 2017, 11:07 PM
mrghost
Member+

To do MBBS course, candidate must need to apply for entrance exam known by NEET. But you are not eligible to apply for this entrance exam because you complete your 12th with arts stream.

Eligibility criteria for NEET:-

# Candidate must have age limit between 17 years to 25 years.
# Age relaxation for 5 years is given to Sc / St category.
# Candidate must have minimum 50% marks in 12th for general category and 40% for SC / St category.
# Physics, chemistry, biotechnology/ Biology are compulsory subjects.
# The percentage shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in all India common merit list in NEET.
# Number of attempts - 3 aattempts.
12th June 2017, 12:30 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can appear for NEET examination this year after the completion of class 12th in 2011.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th with Science stream from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for NEET examination.
Candidates age must be in between 17 to 25 years.
12th June 2017, 01:28 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible for NEET in 2018 as maximum age limit to appear for the exam is 25 years.

The upper age limit for candidates to appear for NEET is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. However, there is relaxation provided for Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes candidates in upper age limit by 5 years.
12th June 2017, 04:13 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes you are very much eligible to appear for NEET 2018 but according to the new rule of CBSE a candidate will be allowed for only three attempts for NEET examination.
Also there is no upper age limit.
12th June 2017, 12:07 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to write the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. Those candidates who have successfully completed his/her 10+2 with physics, chemistry and biology as a compulsory subject and have scored a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board of education and the age of the candidate should be or less than 25 years as on 31st December of the year are eligible top write the NEET examination.
12th June 2017, 01:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will be completing my MA in English in June. I want appear NEET 2018. I has passed HS in 2011 with PCB of 63% marks. Am I eligible to appear NEET next year? My present age 23.

Yes, you can appear for NEET after completion of 10+2 with PCB stream in 2011. Candidates must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English and obtained a minimum of 50% marks are eligible to apply for NEET. Upper age limit to appear for NEET is 25 years for general category and 30 years for reserved category students. Candidates are allowed to attempt the NEET exam only 3 times. Aadhaar card is mandatory for all candidates except for the students of Assam, J&K and Meghalaya state. NEET (UG) – CBSE website link is given Click Here
12th June 2017, 04:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per the eligibility criteria, a candidate who has completed 12th standard with physics, chemistry and Biology from a recognised board is eligible to appear in NEET medical entrance exam.
Age should be in between 17 to 25 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved categories.
So you are eligible to appear in this entrance exam as per your qualification and age.
12th June 2017, 07:50 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NEET examination is conducted for admission in medical course. If you want to appear for NEET MBBS course then you are eligible for it.

The required eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with PCB as main paper and have scored at least 50%, relaxation for reserved category.

There is no upper age limit to appear for examination. For detail information about examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
12th June 2017, 09:58 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NEET examination according to your given qualification. The eligibility to appear for NEET examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th with PCB as main paper.

Candidate must have scored at least 50% in PCB in board examination. The minimum age limit to appear for examination is 17 years but there is no maximum age limit.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in it will be eligible for admission in medical courses.
13th June 2017, 12:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No,you are not eligible for NEET exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?