13th October 2011, 02:12 AM
Tanman khan

Am I eligible for GATE Exam having completed 10th, Diploma and B.Tech?

My educational qualification is(10+diploma+b.tech)am i eligible for GATE EXAM....

13th October 2011, 11:10 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam having completed 10th, Diploma and B.Tech?

Definitely you are eligible for GATE entrance exam.GATE entrance is held every year once,to intake qualified students into post graduation course.

Important dates for GATE-2012 exam:
Opening date for application form is 12th Sep 2011.
Closing date for application form is 17th Oct 2011.
Exam will held on 29th Jan 2012.

Click here
to apply the application form online (Between the dates as mentioned above)

For more details,then click here
13th October 2011, 11:20 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam having completed 10th, Diploma and B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman khan View Post
My educational qualification is(10+diploma+b.tech)am i eligible for GATE EXAM....
GATE Stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and this examination was Conducted by IIT's ever year. For Next year Examination was already updated in the GATE Official website and the Registration process was already Started form 12/Sep/2011.

The last date of Apply for GATE Examination was 21/Oct/2011.

And the Last date for the receipt of printed version of ONLINE Application at the respective zonal GATE Office - 28/Oct/2011.

The examination was Going to be started form 29/Jan/2012.

You can give the GATE Examination Either Online OR Offline.

To apply for GATE Examination, you need to complete your Bachelor Engineering degree course in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture, Final year Graduate engineering candidates are also eligible for GATE 2012 Examination, But Pre-Final year Candidates are Not apply for GATE Examination.

So, If you are Interested in GATE Examination, then please apply for this examination soon before the last date and for More details please check the official website -

http://gate.iitm.ac.in
14th October 2011, 12:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

Yes ,You are eligible for GATE exam . Because you have completed your B-TECH degree.

I have given below for GATE eligibility criteria.

The eligibility criteria for GATE EXAM:-

(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.

(b) Bachelor’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Electronics/ followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

(c) Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture/Design (for M Des program only)

(d) Master’s degree holders in Physics with Electronics/Instrumentation (for M Tech programs).

All the best.
14th October 2011, 12:42 AM
saugata2008

Of course you are eligible for GATE .
All the BE/B.tech/B.Sc pass out /final year/pre-final year students can apply for GATE .

I think you are concerned about the 12th exam , but I can assure that the 12th exam doesn't matter for GATE exam .

So you are eligible foe GATE .

For mere details visit-
http://gate.iitm.ac.in

Thank you
14th October 2011, 01:23 AM
RamXXX

Yes, you are eligible for GATE exam .

Eligibility criteria for GATE -
1.Any BE/B.Tech/B.Sc candidate can apply for GATE.
2.Graduation from any recognized university.
3.Final or pre- final year students also can apply for GATE .

For GATE exam -

1. No limitation on number of attempts .
2. No age limitation .
3. No percentage criteria .

So don't worry and take your preparation .

Thank you
14th October 2011, 01:23 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam having completed 10th, Diploma and B.Tech?

Quote:

Eligibility for GATE Exam

GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exam takes place every year for admissions into M.Tech course in the best colleges of India like.. IITs,NITs,BITS,IISc and many more..

In order to appear for the GATE exam you should have the following qualifications :-

1) You should be a B.Tech final year student or already a B.Tech degree holder..

2) You should be Dual Degree final year student or a pursuing master's degree student..even if you have the degree in these aspects then also you are eligible..

So,yes you are definitely eligible for appearing in the GATE exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
14th October 2011, 01:50 AM
goutambiswas87

Dear candidate,
Yes,you are the eligible candidate for GATE exam.As you have belonged the 10th,Diploma and B.tech,so you must deserve to yourself as a eligible candidate for GATE exam.

Best of luck.
17th October 2011, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE Exam having completed 10th, post garduate diploma and B.sc?
17th October 2011, 10:31 PM
rathodabhijit47

Definitely you are eligible to appear for GATE exam.
17th October 2011, 11:02 PM
g m bhagya

Quote:
yes you are eligible for GATE exam .no need to worry.Fill the form soon , website is going to close on 21st of this month . Hurry up.
17th October 2011, 11:45 PM
rahul4490

GATE

GATE is an examination conducted by the association of 7 IITs and the IISc, bangalore.

They conduct it for the selection of students for their post graduation level.

Based on your score, the institutes that you can get admitted into are:-

1. IITs

2. IISc

3. NITs

4. Other premier colleges including goverment colleges.

ELIGIBILTY CRITERIA

1. B.Tech pass-out or 4th year.

2. Masters in any branch of science, Maths, Statistics, computer applications.

3. Post Diploma/ Post B.Sc

APPLYING:-

The gate exam is applied online, by which you can get a challan and a form.
you have to pay the required fees and send it along the printed form.
17th October 2011, 11:58 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

yes, you are definately eligible for gate examination.
there is no criteria like:
1.age limit
2.no. of attempts.
only criterion is to having a b.tech graduation or final year students of the same(b.tech) degree(in this case you should be able to produce minimum the provisional certificates for admission into any m.tech college).

thanks..................
30th October 2011, 09:39 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

To appear for Gate exam the minimum eligibility required is B.Tech.
If you have completed your b.tech you can write the entrance exam of Gate .As you have completed part time course in B.tech you are eligible to write the gate entrance.
Gate is a complicated exam one need to work very hard to get seat in IIT's.
It is easy to qualify in the gate exam but getting seat in IIT's is very tough job.If you have got seat in any IIT's there is a good scope in future.
You can get high pay i.e 50,000 to 100000 rs per month.
There is a good scope in the future for the candidates who have finished M.Tech.
31st October 2011, 11:04 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

Yes you are quite eligible for GATE exam in your respective engineering subject.
The eligibility criteria for the GATE examination is that the candidate must be a B.Tech Graduate with 55% marks in B.Tech.The candidate who are pursing Master's degree are also eligible for the examination.

Best Wishes....
25th November 2020, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

i have completed diploma in mechanical engineering after my tenth without studying 2. then i joined BE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING directly in the second year. i am eligible for gate exam ???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?