29th April 2015, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give BITSAT exam if I have scored 85% marks in AP board?

Sir,

I Hv got 85.9% in AP board in total of both the years but 34 marks in second year physics and also 56 marks in 1st year physics.So, pls do kindly tell me whether I am eligible for BITSAT exam and taking admission into it?.And another thing is if I expect my score more than the cutoff in the exam tell me what..??
Thank You.

29th April 2015, 11:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give BITSAT exam if I have scored 85% marks in AP board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

I Hv got 85.9% in AP board in total of both the years but 34 marks in second year physics and also 56 marks in 1st year physics.So, pls do kindly tell me whether I am eligible for BITSAT exam and taking admission into it?.And another thing is if I expect my score more than the cutoff in the exam tell me what..??
Thank You.
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for BITSAT exam.

Those candidates who have completed their 10+2 from a recognized Board in the country are eligible for BITSAT exam. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Candidates must be proficient in English also.

You can apply online by clicking on the link http://www.bitsadmission.com/
29th April 2015, 11:22 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give BITSAT exam if I have scored 85% marks in AP board?

No you are not eligible for the BITSAT examination conducted by BITS for admission in Undergraduate course .

The eligibility criteria for the examination is

* Candidates must have passed class 12th from a recognised board .
* Candidates must have an aggregate of 75% in PCM .
* Candidates must have secured at least 60 marks in Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.
* Must have proficient knowledge of English .

The examination is online based . As you have not scored 60 marks in physics you are not eligble .
But still you can apply in the other entrance examination .
29th April 2015, 12:22 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test.

The eligibility criteria required for admission in BITSAT are following:-

-The candidate must have passed 12th Class under the 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Class 12th to be eligible for BITSAT 2015.

-The candidates must have secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and 60% in each subject,i.e.,Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.

-The candidate who have passed the 10+2 exams in 2014 or appearing for their Class 12th exam in 2015 are eligible to appear for BITSAT 2015.

-The candidate must be proficient in English language.

As it is clearly stated in the eligibility criteria that the candidate needs to secure a minimum of 60% marks individually in each subject,so, you are not eligible to apply for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?