24th May 2011, 04:06 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for BITSAT after scoring 81% and 83% in Boards and 57 in maths?

i have scored overall 81% and 83%aggregate in board exams but got 57 in maths. am i eligible for bitsat 2011

24th May 2011, 10:30 AM
amanrathore

Default Re: Eligibility for BITSAT after scoring 81% and 83% in Boards and 57 in maths?

i m very sorry to say that you are not elegible..... one requires 80% and above in PCM and english.....
24th May 2011, 04:32 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for BITSAT after scoring 81% and 83% in Boards and 57 in maths?

Dear Friend

To be eligible for BITSAT one should have at least 80% marks in all science

subjects i.e. Physics, chemistry and mathematics taken together and should

have at least 60% marks in the individual science subjects.

As you have only 57 marks in Maths, you are not eligible for BITSAT.
24th May 2011, 06:04 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Unhappy Re: Eligibility for BITSAT after scoring 81% and 83% in Boards and 57 in maths?

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BITSAT EXAM:

For admission to any of the first degree programs in BITSPILANI the

candidate should have passed the 12th class examination of 10+2 system

from a recognized central or state board or its equivalent with Physics,

Chemistry and Mathematics

Further, the candidate should have obtained a minimum of 80% aggregate

marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class

examination, at least 60% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry, and

Mathematics subjects and adequate proficiency in English.

SO AS PER THE ABOVE RULES YOU GOT 83% IN AGGREGATE BUT YOU

NEED 60% IN MATHS AND YOU DIDN'T GET IT. SO YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR

BITSAT.
24th May 2011, 07:09 PM
vnr0001

How to derive Poisson distribution from gamma distribution?
24th May 2011, 08:09 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have scored overall 81% and 83%aggregate in board exams but got 57 in maths. am i eligible for bitsat 2011
Sorry, you are not eligible for BITSAT exam. To appear in the BITSAT exam you need to satisfy the following eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT

To appear in the BITSAT exam you need minimum 80% aggregate marks
in physics, chemistry and in mathematics with at least 60% marks in each
of physics, chemistry and in mathematics.

If you have 57 marks in math then you are not eligible for BITSAT exam.

For complete information regarding BITSAT exam please visit the below
given website :

http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/...0for%20web.htm

Regards
~Mukul~
24th May 2011, 11:11 PM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

Quote:

BITSAT is a Computer based online test for Admission to Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS Pilani Campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.

sorry friend as per eligibility given below you are lagging just with 3 marks..

-you are not eligible to appear BITSAT

Eligibility criteria :-

-> candidate should have passed the 12th class examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board

-> Proficiency in English.

-> Further, the candidate should have obtained a minimum of 80% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class .

-> and 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects.

for details visit official website ..

24th May 2011, 11:16 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Eligibility condition for BITSAT is that you should have atleast 80% in Physics , chemistry & maths. And 60% aggregate in all science subjest. Now you can check if you have 80% in PCM then only you are eligible.
29th May 2011, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

SIR IF I SCORE LESS THAN 80% IN ENGLISH THAN IS HE ELIGIBLE FOR BITSAT
30th May 2011, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Is there any eligibility criteria for the marks of English in board exams? I got 83, am I eligible?
1st June 2011, 12:48 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Quote:
SIR IF I SCORE LESS THAN 80% IN ENGLISH THAN IS HE ELIGIBLE FOR BITSAT
BIT conducts there own entrance exam called BITSAT which is Computer based online test for Admission to BE/BETCH Programmes of BITS Pilani Campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.

Yes you are eligible if you have less then 80% mark in English

Eligibility criteria

Must have passed the 12th class examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board with 80% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects
You should able to speak in English.

For more information ::click here
8th November 2011, 12:03 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for BITSAT after scoring 81% and 83% in Boards and 57 in maths?

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BITS :

1. You should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.

2. You should have obtained a minimum aggregate of 80% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects.

3. In addition to these, BITS also has the BOARDS TOPPER SCHEME which gives direct admission to the board toppers.

Your 83% in boards is totally fine, but my friend the 57 in Maths puts you down in comparison with the criteria's put forward by BITS.

Hence you cannot apply for BITSAT.

All the best for the other entrances.

Regards
~RJ~

Last edited by ranjeet250490; 8th November 2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: A few errors
11th November 2011, 01:10 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Birla Institute Of Technology And Science(BITS) organize BITSAT exam for admission to Bachelor Degree for the candidates.

Eligibility Criteria :-
Candidates should have to pass the 12th standard or equivalent from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects means PCM.

Minimum marks required : Candidates must have to get a minimum of aggregate 80% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects. Also candidate should have good knowledge in English.

Students who are appearing for 12th examination in the running year or who have passed 12th Examination in previous year only are eligible to appear in the BITSAT test.

If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered.
For more update on BITSAT visit : www.bitsadmission.com/.
Direct Admission :- It is only given to the Board Toppers.

So, I think as your marks in 12th result was 90% in all, and 79% in PCM ( P-90%, C-78% and M - 69%)

But if you are not still apply then for this year your chance is over. You have to try for other options like :
try to admit in other colleges, if you have valid AIEEE score then you can go for Engineering etc.
15th November 2011, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

i have got 75% marks in 12th 2011 board examination / physics ,chemistry math or 72,75,86 , // im can apply bits examination?
26th February 2012, 10:12 AM
drurv

For admission to any of the first degree programs in BITSPILANI the

candidate should have passed the 12th class examination of 10+2 system

from a recognized central or state board or its equivalent with Physics,

Chemistry and Mathematics

Further, the candidate should have obtained a minimum of 80% aggregate

marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class

examination, at least 60% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry, and

Mathematics subjects and adequate proficiency in English.
24th April 2012, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

i got 55% in physics and scored 87% in the board exams. am i eligible for bitsat??? pls reply
24th April 2012, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

are practicals marks of physics and chem added to the total of physics and chem?
24th April 2012, 08:51 PM
bunty00

hy,
sorry you are not eligible for giving bitsat exam as you have to get 80% in pcm in 12 board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?