10th June 2017, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give SSC exam after civil engineering

I want to know that is any one is eligible to give SSC cgl exam after diploma in civil engineering or it is must to do graduation in any stream

10th June 2017, 05:33 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to give SSC exam after civil engineering

No you are not eligible for SSC CGL examination because the education qualification required for this exam is a bachelor degree or higher.

Diploma is not equivalent to degree thus you are not eligible for CGL. You can get full details regarding exam in official notification released by SSC. You can get notification on their official website i.e. www.ssc.nic.in.
10th June 2017, 07:28 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for SSC exam:-

Candidate should have completed his / her graduation from a recognised University.

Candidates age should not exceed 30 years ( additional 5 years of age relaxation is given to SC / ST category and 3 years for OBC) .

Candidates minimum age should not be below 21 years.

So you are not eligible to give SSC exam after diploma in civil engineering.
10th June 2017, 07:33 PM
mrghost
Member+

No, you are not eligible to give SSC CGL exam after diploma in civil engineering. Here I will give you elegiblity criteria for SSC CGL exam.

Eligibility criteria for SSC CGL exam

- Candidate's age must be between 18 to 32 years.

- Age relaxation of 5 years is given to Sc / St categories.

- Age relaxation of 3 years is given to OBC category.

- Candidate must have graduate degree in any stream.

- Candidate must be Indian citizen.
10th June 2017, 07:34 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

One who has completed diploma in civil engineering is not eligible to appear in SSC CGL examination 2017.
Only graduate candidates are eligible to appear in this exam. Candidates having bachelor degree from a recognised University are eligible. Firstly you need to complete your degree in civil engineering through lateral entry entrance test or any other mode after then you will be eligible.
Age limit must be in between 18 to 32 years and there is 3 years relaxation to reserved candidates.
10th June 2017, 08:25 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to give SSC CGL examination after completion of your Civil Engineering course from a Government recognised university. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognized board are eligible to appear in SSC CGL examination. Since, you have already passed Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university, you are eligible to appear in SSC examination.
10th June 2017, 08:28 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates with diploma qualification will be not eligible to appear for SSC CGL entrance examination.

The minimum education qualification required to appear for CGL examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you have to pursue graduation then only you will become eligible to appear for CGL examination conducted by SSC.

For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
10th June 2017, 08:42 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for SSC CGL exam because the eligibility required to apply for the exam is the candidate should complete their graduation or any equivalent education in any stream from any recognised university.

The age limit is for the candidate who are applying for SSC CGL exam is 18-27 years for general candidates, there is 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates, 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST, 10 years age relaxation for PwD.

Since the exam requires graduation you are not eligible to apply for the exam.
10th June 2017, 09:07 PM
civilian123

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to give SSC exam after civil engineering

Hi,

Eligibility criteria for CGL (Combined Graduate Level) examination:-

1) Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.

2) Age limit:- 18 to 32 years

If your Education qualification is equivalent to 'Degree' then your are eligible to apply.

Good Luck.
10th June 2017, 09:08 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

SSC CGL stands for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for SSC CGL examination is bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

Diploma in Civil Engineering candidates can not apply for SSC CGL exam. You can pursue Bachelor of Technology or engineering to apply for this examination. Diploma candidates can get admission in B.Tech through Lateral Entry Entrance Test or Joint Entrance Examination.
11th June 2017, 12:21 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

CGL means common graduate exam thus graduation in regular mode is highly essential for the SSC CGL exam. Thus will request you to complete your graduation in any stream to apply for the common graduate exam.
11th June 2017, 02:50 PM
help100%

You need to be a graduate from an university which is recognised by UGC or else no other degree is eligible to make one appear in SSC CGL exam. So, before appear in SSC CGL exam you need to posses a graduation degree or else your application for appearing in the exam will straight away be rejected by the authority.
11th June 2017, 08:13 PM
perthc

Hi,

The minimum qualification for SSC Exam is only Graduation.

But there are some posts where additional qualification is required.They are------->

POST NAME:---->Assistant Audit Officer

Those who have also completed their Master in Commerce or MBA in (Finance or Economics) or (CA) Chartered Accountant or Cost and Management Account or (CS) Company Secretary they will be given preference.

POST NAME:----> Statistical Investigator Grade – II

You should have a degree in any discipline and with 60% marks in Maths in 12th Standard (10+2) or should have degree in any discipline with statistics as one of the subject.

For Compiler : For this post you must have studied Maths, Economics or Statistics as one of the compulsory subject in bachelors degree.

Rest of Other Post : You should have any degree in any discipline from well recognized board or University of India.
11th June 2017, 08:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

CGL ( Combined Graduate Level ) examination conducted by SSC every year for recruitment of candidates in government jobs.

The basic qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 18-30 years for general category and relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

So, you will be not eligible to appear for examination only after diploma ( not equivalent to bachelor degree ). To get information about CGL examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
11th June 2017, 08:53 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to take SSC exam after civil engineering. You can apply for SSC Junior Engineer recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria for SSC Junior Engineer recruitment are as under :-

- The candidate should hold Degree or Diploma in Civil or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.

- The candidate age should be in between 18 to 32 years as on 1 August 2017. The reserved category of the candidates will get relaxation in maximum age limit.

Selection procedure:

Written exam

Interview.

Exam Pattern :-

Written examination will comprise two question papers. Paper 1 will be objective type and paper 2 will be conventional type.

Question of paper 1 will be related to general intelligence, reasoning, General awareness and general engineering subject.

Question paper 2 will be related from general engineering subject.

Paper 1 will carry 200 marks and paper 2 will carry 300 marks.
11th June 2017, 11:26 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to appear in SSC CGL exam. CGL stands for Combined Graduation Level exam. You must have passed graduation degree in any discipline to appear in CGL exam. Being a diploma holder, you are not eligible to apply for SSC CGL exam.
Now, if you still want to appear in CGL exam, then first complete graduation degree through LEET exam. After completion of graduation degree, you will be eligible to appear in SSC CGL exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?