17th February 2012, 07:55 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS Exam being a candidate with a date of birth of 08-05-1991?

sir,
iam preparing for ias my date of birth 8/5/1991 my age limit correct or not

17th February 2012, 12:51 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS Exam being a candidate with a date of birth of 08-05-1991?

Yes. You are eligible to appear for IAS Exam with this date of birth on 08-05-1991.

There is no separate exam for the candidates to be placed in IAS. But instead, there is a common written exam by cracking which the candidates will be placed in any of the civil services like
-IAS
-IPS
-IRS etc.

Here is the required age criteria to be eligible for this exam.

-A candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
-For OBC candidates, there is a relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

As you are a candidate with a date of birth 08-05-1991, you are going to complete 21 years by 08-05-2012. One should have complete 21 years by 1st August of the year in which the exam be conducted.

As per this, no need to bother regarding your eligibility to civil services exam.

But as per required academic qualification, you should have to complete Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university. You can apply for this exam even if you are a candidate pursuing final year of Graduation.

If you possess this academic criteria, you can apply and appear for CSAT Exam which is going to be conducted on 20-05-2012.

The last date to apply for this exam is by 05-03-2012.

Once you get through this exam, you have to qualify in civil services main exam too and after that final Interview will be conducted.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC which conduct this exam.

Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
17th February 2012, 02:46 PM
raj1790

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS Exam being a candidate with a date of birth of 08-05-1991?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
You are elligible to write ias exam...your age will be 21years as on 1-7-2012 which is one of the elligibility criteria to write ias exam
17th February 2012, 05:45 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
According to your date of birth you are surely eligible for the exam..

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC every year to recruit students for the administrative jobs..

So, before appearing in the exam you have to fulfill some eligibility criteria:-----------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>Education qualification<<

*Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university..
*Final year candidates can also eligible for the exam..
*No such percentage marks is required..

>>Age eligibility<<

*Candidates age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

>>Nationality<<

1.candidate should be a citizen of India..

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
As your date of birth is 08-05-1991, then you are eligible for the IAS exam..
So, go for it..

All the best..
17th February 2012, 10:32 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
hi!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.A.S exam because your age is below 21 year..

After graduation you can apply for I.A.S exam.
I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
11th June 2013, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir
im born in 29-7-1986 but s.s.c certificate indicates 2 years wrongly how can i change it for government jobs?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?