6th June 2012, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IES Exam or not having completed B.Tech in Avionics Engineering?

i have completed my b.tech. in avionics engineering. please tell me i m eligible of i e s exam or not??

6th June 2012, 01:26 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES Exam or not having completed B.Tech in Avionics Engineering?

Yes. You are eligible to appear for IES Exam after completion of your B.Tech in Avionics Engineering.

But check yourself whether you meet the required age criteria to take this exam or not.

A candidate should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services Exam.

This Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

Number of candidates are being recruited into the following Engineering services by cracking this Exam.
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
-Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering
-Electrical Engineering

So, I suggest you to opt for the particular Engineering service which you have more interest to join.

Have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

For updated information regarding this exam, I suggest you to visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
6th June 2012, 01:32 PM
romi_bal

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES Exam or not having completed B.Tech in Avionics Engineering?

Yes. You are eligible to appear for IES Exam after completion of your B.Tech in Avionics Engineering.

But check yourself whether you meet the required age criteria to take this exam or not.

A candidate should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services Exam.

This Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

Number of candidates are being recruited into the following Engineering services by cracking this Exam.
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
-Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering
-Electrical Engineering

So, I suggest you to opt for the particular Engineering service which you have more interest to join.

Have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

For updated information regarding this exam, I suggest you to visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
6th June 2012, 06:38 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IES exam after completion of B.Tech. in avionics Engineering.

IES - INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE conducted by UPSC once every year for recruitment of engineers in top Technical post in various Dept. under Central Govt.

The candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. degree exam pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through written exam based on the stream of Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunication followed by personal interview.

Though you are B.Tech. in Avionics Engineering if you are interested for IES, you have to give IES exam in any one of the above stream.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?