26th September 2012, 01:39 PM
saravanankn

Am I eligible for IFS exam after doing BCA?

I have done BCA but during that time there is no mathematics subject in it. But I have studied “computer oriented numerical methods and statistics”. Could you tell me am I eligible to write IFS exam? Thanks in advance

2nd October 2012, 01:26 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IFS exam after doing BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravanankn View Post
I have done BCA but during that time there is no mathematics subject in it. But I have studied “computer oriented numerical methods and statistics”. Could you tell me am I eligible to write IFS exam? Thanks in advance

Yes your eligible for IFS Examination After Completing your Bachelor degree Course . You have studied Statistic Subject . So, Please don't worry your definitely eligible for this Examination .

IFS Stands for Indian Forest Service and this Examination is Conducted Union Public Service Commission . This Examination is held every Once in a year .

To apply for this IFS Examination than the Aspirant Need to Complete Graduation Course in from recognized University.

Aspirant should be studied any one of the Subjects like,( Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science /Botany /Chemistry /Geology /Mathematics /Physics /Statistics /Zoology Etc.. ) in your graduation Course .

Aspirant age should be Not less than 21 years and Not more than 30 years and relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

Aspirant should be Physically as well as Medically Fit ..

Note :- Aspirant can Make Maximum of 4 Attempts ...

So, After Completing your BCA Course your definitel eligible for this Examination .

IFS Examination Pattern :-

Paper -- 1 :- General English
Paper -- 2 :- General Knowledge

You may apply for this Examination in Online Mode the Visiting the Official website of UPSC . There is No Offline Mode this IFS Examination . The Notification for this Examination may Updated in Official website of UPSC and also Published in Employment news paper .

::: Books for IFS Examination :::

UPSC-IFS Indian Forest Service Examinations Guide by R. Gupta's
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
Price: Rs. 341

IFS Indian Forest Service Forestry Guide by RPH Editorial Board
Price: Rs. 230

IFS Indian Forest Service: Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science Guide by R. Gupta's
Price:Rs. 305

IFS Indian Forest Service Examination Botany by RPH Editorial Board
Price: Rs. 160

IFS Indian Forest Service: Chemistry by R. Gupta's
Price: Rs. 266
2nd October 2012, 10:50 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Lightbulb Re: Am I eligible for IFS exam after doing BCA?

Hello dear,
IFS is the Indian Forest Service Entrance Exam is designed for recruitment of engineers in government services.
IFS exam is conducted once every year by UPSC.

It is good decision to start your preparation for IFS exam.
As a primary test ,it is important to understand the pattern and syllabus of the exam.
The preparation should start on the basis of that.You should focus more in core subject areas.
Practice is the only mantra for obtaining a good score in the IFS entrance exam.
You should follow seperate strategies for preparing for the objective and descriptive sections in IFS exam.
You should have good general awareness while preparing for IFS identify your weak areas and concentrate more on it.
Try to refer standard text books and previous year question papers as part of your preparation.

Eligibility criteria for IFS:
You must be a engineering graduate.
Final year candidate can also eligible.
you must not have any pending backlogs during engineering.
Age limit should be 21 to 30 years.
You must be Indian citizen.
You must be physically and mentally fit.
You can either apply in offline or online.
For online visit http://www.upsconline.nic.in/

For offline purchase application form from designated post offices.
2nd October 2012, 12:47 PM
violent viper

Hai...

----Yes your eligible for IFS Examination After Completing your Bachelor degree Course .
----You have studied Statistic Subject .
----So, Please don't worry your definitely eligible for this Examination .

thank you...
2nd October 2012, 12:50 PM
violent viper

Hai...

----Yes your eligible for IFS Examination After Completing your Bachelor degree Course .
----You have studied Statistic Subject .
----So, Please don't worry your definitely eligible for this Examination .

thank you...
7th June 2013, 03:06 AM
Ankur.Sunny

IFS Exam

Yes, you are eligible for IFS exam.

• IFS stands for Indian Forest Service. The IFS Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission to recruit officers in the Indian Forest Service.
• After cracking this exam for foundation training you will be sent to the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy.
• For specialized training later you will be sent to the Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy, Dehradun.

♦ Exam Pattern:-

• The written exam consists of compulsory papers and optional papers. General English and General Knowledge are the two compulsory papers of 300 marks each.

• There is four optional papers of 200 marks each. You need to choose two subjects for two papers each. There will be a list of fourteen subjects to choose from. For the interview session a maximum of 300 marks will be allotted.

Nationality:-

You need to be a citizen of India

Educational Qualification:-

• You need to complete graduation in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

• The degree needs to be attained in any one of the following subject:- chemistry, botany, zoology, geology, statistics, veterinary science and animal husbandry.

• You can also get a bachelor's degree in engineering, agriculture or forestry or you can go for a have a bachelor's degree in medicine or surgery.

Age Limit:-

> Minimum Age Limit:-
21 years
> Maximum Age Limit:-
30 years
7th June 2013, 11:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravanankn View Post

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service Exam.This exam is conducted by UPSC.

For appearing in IFS exam candidate must be a graduate in any one of these subjects – Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry OR any engineering degree from any government recognized university.

Quote:
No , BCA candidate are not applicable for IFS Exam
Final year student are eligible for IFS exam

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Number of Attempts:-

General candidate : 4 attempts , SC, ST candidates: No Restriction, OBC candidates: 7 attempts

IFS Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year in two stages :

a) Preliminary Examination
b) Main Examination.

Best Books for IFS Exam :-

UPSC-IFS Exam Botany Guide Including (Paper 1 and 2)
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2012)

IFS Indian Forest Service: Physics Guide (Paper I & Paper II)
by R. Gupta's

Indian Forestry: A Breakthrough Approach to Forest Service
by K. Manikandan, S. Prabhu
Publisher: Jain Brothers-New Delhi

IFS Indian Forest Service: Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science Guide (Paper I & II)
by R. Gupta's

For more details about IFS , you can visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th June 2013, 12:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

IFS stands for Indian Forest Services examination and it is conducted by UPSC. The preliminary exam for this is conducted along with the Civil Services examination.

Those who have studied any of the following subjects in the Graduation can apply for this examination

-Agricultural Sciences

-Veterinary Sciences

-Zoology

-Botany

-Biochemistry

-Geology

-Mathematics

-Statistics

-Engineering

Age Criteria:

The age for IFS exam is 21 to 30 years for General Category candidates. There is age relaxation available for reserved categories.

SC/ST - 5 years relaxation

OBC - 3 years relaxation

Selection Criteria:

-Preliminary Exam (Conducted Along with Civil Services Exam)

-Mains Exam

-Interview

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th June 2013, 08:12 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Below is the Eligibilty to apply for the Indian Forest Officer exams:

Education
Bachelors degree Pass.
You should have studied at least one of the below subjects in the Bachelors Degree Level
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics,
Physics, Statistics, Zoology

or
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry
Or
BE/Btech pass

Age- Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
Age relaxations of 3 years is given to OBC candidates and 5 years to SC/ST candidates

Attempts-
General Category- 4 times
OBC category-7 times
8th June 2013, 12:25 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

IFS Stands for Indian Forest Service Examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC Once in a year . This year examination has been completed and next announcement will be expect in the month of March or April in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper .

To apply for the IFS examination then you must have a completed degree in any one of following branches like Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science , Botany , Chemistry , Geology , Mathematics , Physics , Statistics , Zoology or bachelor's degree in Agriculture , Forestry or bachelor's of engineering . So if you have a holding the any one of these subjects then you are eligible to apply . If you are not possessing any one of these subjects you are not eligible to apply .

You must not have less 21 years and not have more than 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination and Upper age limits is applicable . 33 years for OBC candidates , 35 years for SC/ST/Ex-servicemen candidates and 40 years for PWD candidates .

You must have a limitation to attempts for Indian Forest Examination . Four attempts are given to the General candidates , Seven attempts are given to the OBC candidates and No limits for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes . You must be Physically and Mentally fit while appearing for this examination .

If you need further details , Visit the official website of UPSC :: www.upsc.gov.in
5th July 2013, 12:54 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

IFS-Indian Forest Service.
hi
you are eligible for exam

I.F.S exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year once

IFS exam consists of the following stages

Preliminary examination
Mains examination
Personal interview

Eligibility criteria:-

1.B.Sc in agriculture engineering
-Agricultural Sciences

-Veterinary Sciences
-Zoology
-Botany
-Biochemistry
-Geology
-Mathematics
-Statistics
-Engineering

2.age limits are 21 years to 30 years,
3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates,
5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

you can visit official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th July 2014, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir,

Am did BCA Pattern of 10+ 3 + 2 (Diploma in computer Engg. 3 Years And BCA Direct Second year), this Eligible for IFS
29th March 2017, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

Is it important to have maths or stats as a subject throughout all years of graduation to be eligible for Indian forest services. If i am a bca student two years with maths and stats in 3rd year... Or two years with maths and 3rd year no subject from the list, would i be eligible?
23rd January 2022, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Can a BCA graduate apply for Indian Forest Service?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?