10th April 2014, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for IFS after B.Com/BBA?

What if i had choosen commerce streem and want to do b.com/bba with cs then will be eligabile to IFS exam? or not then what i have to do?

11th April 2014, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will I be eligible for IFS after B.Com/BBA?

What if i had choosen commerce streem and want to do b.com/bba with cs then will be eligabile to IFS exam? or not then what i have to do?
11th April 2014, 07:19 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

You considered that you are complete your bachelor degree in commerce or you also give examples if you have done bachelor degree in BCA ( Bachelor in computer application). You also considered that you want to about are you eligible or not for IFS (Indian forest service) service or not. Now I am clearing about your confusion.

I am happy to says you that you are eligible for IFS (Indian forest service) service. IFS (Indian forest service) service are under civil Service examination and all government class one post are under civil Service examination are like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS these all are under civil Service examination.

Eligibility criteria for civil Service examination or IFS examination
You must complete your bachelor degree with any discipline from any recognized university .Your age must not above 32 for general , 35 for OBC , and their are no age limit for SC /ST .You can attempt civil service examination 4 times for general and OBC and unlimited times for SC /ST students. For your better preparation you can prefers books and newspaper and try to speak English fluently for preparation you can prefers daily English news channel. You can prefers book for your preparation are like arihant publication books.
3rd April 2015, 03:18 PM
amanshrivastava98

UPSC stands for the Union Public Service Commission.

For filling up the various highly reputed posts (including the foreign services) in all the government departments across the country they conduct a Civil Services Examination every year.

According to the guidelines released by the UPSC regarding the eligibility for writing the CSE are as follows :

* The minimum and maximum age criteria is 21 years minimum and 32 years maximum for a general candidate.

* The minimum educational qualification required is the candidate should be graduate under the scheme of 10+2+3 of UGC at least.

* There is no such fixed or minimum percentage criteria given by them at rhe time of graduation.

* The maximum number of attempts is 6 for a general candidate.
4th April 2015, 02:44 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Eligibility to apply for UPSC Indian Forest Service Examination :

A candidate should have qualified in a bachelor's degree program offered by a recognized university of India and degree must be completed in any one of the following disciplines :

Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Geology/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Statistics / Zoology OR

Should have completed a bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering from a reputed university or any other equivalent.

Age of the applicant should be between 21 and 30 years and upper age relaxation is upto 03 years for OBC and 05 years for SC/ST candidates.

If you complete B.Com or BBA from a recognized university then also you will not be considered eligible to apply for UPSC IFoS examination because your qualification will not meet with the minimum requirements so that you should go for another bachelor's degree course like - B.Sc or BE or B.Tech to be eligible for this course.

UPSC Indian Forest Service Examination is conducted every year and pattern of examination is mentioned below :

Preliminary Examination : Two papers are conducted in this stage to be qualified for mains exam and both papers are for 400 marks in which one is of General Studies and Second is of CSAT - civil service aptitude test.

Mains Examination : There are following papers conducted in this Mains examination stage :

Paper I - General English - 300 marks

Paper II - General Knowledge - 300 marks

Paper III, IV, V and VI are based on those two subjects which are chosen by the candidate as optional subjects for mains examination. Each of these papers contains 200 marks and qualifying in each paper is compulsory to be shortlisted for interview process.
5th April 2015, 03:35 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Absolutely you are eligible to apply for Indian Forest services Examination with your graduation in commerce. Since there is No restriction on the stream which you have studied in your graduation. More over there is No requirement of percentage criteria for the Indian Forest Services Examinations.

In fact IFS examination is conducted by the UPSC once in every year. Selection process for the IFS is similar to the Selection procedure for IAS and IFS examinations.

Earlier it is not mentioned that it has a Prelims Examination. Prelims is exam of only qualifying nature and Only marks of Mains and Interview will be considered for the Final selection process.
3rd November 2016, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing bba and right now i am in 3rd year in 2017 i am graduate holding bachlor degree, now my question is that what should i do for ifs exam and is there any exam that a candidate must have to clear for appearing in ifs exam and what procedure he/she must follow to overcome this situation. And what are the facilities given by government if a student is not financially strong enough to pay fees and coaching expenses,plz reply soon.
24th January 2019, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

I am now a graduate from bba stream is there any eligibility for me to appear for ifs exam
21st July 2021, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

sir please tell me i am a commerce maths student . Am i eligible for indian forest service ? please tell me other wise i will change my subject and switch to science ..
17th July 2022, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation with commerce stream and am married and am 31 years old .. Am I eligible for Indian forest service
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?