29th July 2010, 05:36 PM
rachit darbari

Am I eligible for IIT JEE if I have secured 79% in aggregate and 57% in PCM? Is 60%+ required to get admission in good B.Tech colleges?

respected sir , i've secured 79% in aggregate and 57 % in pcm , am i eligible for iit and b.tech colleges ? is 60% or above ln pcm required for admission in good b.tech colleges ? i've my class 12 .

30th May 2011, 09:15 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE if I have secured 79% in aggregate and 57% in PCM? Is 60%+ required to get admission in good B.Tech colleges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachit darbari View Post
respected sir , i've secured 79% in aggregate and 57 % in pcm , am i eligible for iit and b.tech colleges ? is 60% or above ln pcm required for admission in good b.tech colleges ? i've my class 12 .
For IIT-JEE

your qualifying exam for IIT-JEE will be
  • If you are 12th class passout or appearing
  • else if you are diploma passout or appearing...

Either of these qualification will be consider...

One must score a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate that is 60% overall percentage including Physics,chemistry and Maths in your qualifying exam for GENERAL AND OBC..and 55% for SC/ST,PD...

That mean it required 60% in aggregate so you are eligible as you have 79%..

30th May 2011, 09:41 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE if I have secured 79% in aggregate and 57% in PCM? Is 60%+ required to get admission in good B.Tech colleges?

yea you are eligible for IIT JEE. the eligibility criterion to appear in IIT JEE is candidate should have minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in qualifying examination that means 12th or other equivalent examination. this is for general category candidate. for reserved category minimum percentage requirement is 55%.

this percentage are calculated based on all subject not only the physics, chemistry and mathematics. as you have 79% in total so you will be eligible for IIT JEE.

after cracking the IIT JEE you will be able to take admission in engineering in any of the IIT(Indian Institute of Technology)

all the best.

30th May 2011, 09:58 AM
lonelyryan

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE if I have secured 79% in aggregate and 57% in PCM? Is 60%+ required to get admission in good B.Tech colleges?

dear student,

for iit jee u must have 60% marks in physics, chemistry and maths..it is clearly written in prospectus also........if any problem related admiossion can contact me ...ravi : 08051-1395-11

30th May 2011, 10:38 AM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
To appear in IIT-JEE, min. Educational qualification for is-
*Senior secondary school exam qualification with min. 60%, or equivalent in PCM as subject.
For reserved category there is percentage relaxation upto
55%.
According to the above criteria you are eligible to appear in IIT-JEE.
Ok, best of luck.

30th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Hiii, If you do best in thebest in the entrance exam they will be a chance to take admission in good Btech. college ..
their is achance to do better ..

Ankur

30th May 2011, 03:49 PM
nishantaggarwal2011

absolutely you are eligible. It is an overall criteria and not specific.
and for your 2nd query - yes. most of the good colleges have laid down 60% or MORE as one of their parameters for admission.

30th May 2011, 03:53 PM
nishantaggarwal2011

absolutely you are eligible. It is an overall criteria and not specific.
and for your 2nd query - yes. most of the good colleges have laid down 60% or MORE as one of their parameters for admission.

30th May 2011, 04:56 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
To appear in IIT-JEE, candidate should have qualify high school examination with min. 60%, with PCM as subject.
There is relaxation for reserved category (upto 55% in high school exam).
So concluding the above criteria you are eligible to appear in IIT-JEE.
Ok, best of luck.

30th May 2011, 10:27 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend
the eligibility for the IITJEE entrance exam is that one should score a minimum of the 60% of the marks in the 12th board exam in aggregate
so as you have scored a total of the 79% of the marks in aggregate so you are absolutely eligible to apply for the IITJEE entrance exam
you can even apply for the AIEEE, WBJEEE, ORISSAJEE, COMEDK and others

so best of luck

30th May 2011, 11:40 PM
pradeepdeshwal3626

Quote:
friend,

the 60% marks critera is the minimum overall aggregate in 12th .it is not of pcm.
the 12 marks really dont matter if you get good rank in entrance exam but if there is clash in you rank then the candidate who scored more marks in 12 is given preference.

good luck.

31st May 2011, 12:55 PM
nishantaggarwal2011

Also, IIT-JEE isn;t the be all end all of acamedic life for those interested in engineering. Keep on the lookout for private institutes that offer education at par with what's offered by IIT's. Though not many would fit the bill,,,but there surely are some which are blossoming nicely. Take Shiv Nadar University of Chennai..the whole campus got placed within days in top MNC's.
This coming from personal experience as a friend got placed with a top MNC.
Also they're coming up with another engineering college in Greater Noida. What's more..no tuition fee!

31st May 2011, 12:57 PM
nishantaggarwal2011

Also, IIT-JEE isn;t the be all end all of acamedic life for those interested in engineering. Keep on the lookout for private institutes that offer education at par with what's offered by IIT's. Though not many would fit the bill,,,but there surely are some which are blossoming nicely. Take Shiv Nadar University of Chennai..the whole campus got placed within days in top MNC's.
This coming from personal experience as a friend got placed with a top MNC.
Also they're coming up with another engineering college in Greater Noida. What's more..no tuition fee!

17th August 2011, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE if I have secured 79% in aggregate and 57% in PCM? Is 60% required to get admission in good B.Tech colleges?

Am I eligible for IIT JEE if I have secured 74%(2006 pass out) in aggregate and 57% in PCM? Is 60% required to get admission in good B.Tech colleges?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?