30th June 2014, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

For becoming an IPS Officer what should I opt between Arts and Science if completed 12th PCM?

Hello
I have just completed my class 12(pcm).
I want to be an IPS and am confused what i should opt for, arts/science?
Most of my elders told me it is easier through arts, but some say through science there are more opportunities..please help.

1st July 2014, 11:36 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For becoming an IPS Officer what should I opt between Arts and Science if completed 12th PCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I have just completed my class 12(pcm).
I want to be an IPS and am confused what i should opt for, arts/science?
Most of my elders told me it is easier through arts, but some say through science there are more opportunities..please help.

Joining in as a IPS is one of the Civil Service and to join in as a IPS you need to write the entrance exam for joining and this is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year.

There are eligibility conditions which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the IPS exam and they are such as:

~ The Nationality standard needed for the exam states that the candidate should have a Citizenship in India

~ There are age limits for several category candidates and it is that the candidate should have 21-30 years for General category candidate and for SC/ST candidate it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.

~ Education qualification needed for the IPS exam is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university in any stream.

~ Even final year exam appearing candidate can apply for the IPS exam.

~ You also needed to satisfy the physical standard needed.

As you have mentioned that you are a +2 completed student you cannot apply for the exam at this stage,and as regarding the confusion between Arts and Science,when comparing between them Arts is easy but if you finish in Science stream you have more opportunities.

But for applying for the IPS exam you only need to have completed a Degree and that can be from any stream.

For more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
16th April 2015, 12:07 AM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: For becoming an IPS Officer what should I opt between Arts and Science if completed 12th PCM?

The posts of IPS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?