22nd December 2011, 08:55 PM
dholetushar

Is there any scope to join in Merchant Navy after completing engineering in electronics and telecommunication branch?

Respected Sir,
I have completed my Engineering in Electr & Telecom branch.And i want to join Merchant Navy.Do i have any scope to join there as the Officer?
Please suggest the Courses and the Institution offering the same in Mumbai.
waiting for the response.
thanking you.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Merchant Navy after completing engineering in electronics and telecommunication
  2. Can I join merchant navy after completing diploma in electronics & telecommunication engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can i join merchant navy after completing diploma in electronics & telecommunication?
  4. Can I get admission in Merchant Navy after completing diploma in electronics and telecommunication branch
  5. How to join merchant navy after completing B.E degree in electronics and telecommunication
  6. What is the scope in Merchant Navy?
  7. Am I eligible for merchant navy after pursing B.E in electronics and communication branch
  8. How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma course?
  9. How should I join Merchant Navy after completing 3 years diploma in industrial electronics branch
  10. How to join merchant navy after diploma in electronics and telecommunication?
  11. How to join Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering or any other branch
  12. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  13. Which course should I join after completing B.E in electronics and telecommunication branch
  14. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering?
  15. Is there any scope in doing MBA in Aviation Management after Bachelor in electronics & telecommunication Engineering?
  16. Can i join merchant navy after graduation in electronics and communication engineering? I am 20 years old
  17. How to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What percentage is required for it? Is there any scope for girls in Merchant navy?
  18. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy? -- [New]
16th February 2012, 09:24 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any scope to join in Merchant Navy after completing engineering in electronics and telecommunication branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dholetushar View Post
Respected Sir,
I have completed my Engineering in Electr & Telecom branch.And i want to join Merchant Navy.Do i have any scope to join there as the Officer?
thanking you.
Having done Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication, you may apply for the post usually known as Fifth Engineer/Junior Engineer. However most of the shipping companies prefers Marine Engineers but few of them do consider candidates with bachelors degree in major engineering discipline including Electronics and Telecommunication.

Before you apply for the job, you will have to undergo a Pre-Sea training for a period of one year. The Pre-Sea training is offered by various institutes but in Mumbai, the best place to pursue the training is Marine Engineering and Research Institute.
7th May 2012, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any scope to join in Merchant Navy after completing engineering in electronics and telecommunication branch?

sir,
is derr any scope of getting job in merchant navy after doing btech in electronics and communication engineering???
pls reply as soon as possible on my email address [email protected]
30th May 2012, 07:49 PM
kaveribiswas

Having done Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication, you may apply for the post usually known as Fifth Engineer/Junior Engineer. However most of the shipping companies prefers Marine Engineers but few of them do consider candidates with bachelors degree in major engineering discipline including Electronics and Telecommunication.
5th June 2012, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

i am now taking science and i want to go for merchant is their any scope please reply
28th November 2012, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,
thanking you.
3rd June 2013, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

can I join Merchant Navy after completing engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication...nw I completed 1st yr!!!
waiting for your response
8th June 2013, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

i m 23 completed electronics and communication engineering can i join merchant navy
thank you
6th July 2013, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

i will complete my engineering in electronis & telecomm. aftr 2 yrs.......i really wanna join merchant navy....!!! can u plzz suggest me????
6th July 2013, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

i will complete my engineering in electronis & telecomm. aftr 2 yrs.......i really wanna join merchant navy....!!! can u plzz suggest me????
6th July 2013, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?